Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Tired of f2p voices so they can only post in Community Support?

wehrmacht0

More like backwards mentality towards community forums, sadly. Forums should be open for everyone and not be behind paywall.  "Premium" section of the forums are only accessible if you pay. They also happen to be the most ACTIVE sections on the forums.

Imagine a vet/new player who hasn't been a subscriber wants to come back/check the game out or keep up with the current players. They could browse the most active discussions and get an idea what is going on with the game, without actually paying up front for that information.

Odd concept, I know right? 

Edited by gretnine
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gretnine said:

Imagine a vet/new player who hasn't been a subscriber wants to come back/check the game out or keep up with the current players. They could browse the most active discussions and get an idea what is going on with the game, without actually paying up front for that information.

+10/ this is a good idea. 

also fully supported by Off-Topic Senate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, choad said:

Yes - I totally agree - the vast majority of the forums ought to be opened up. I can't help but think - there are a lot of discussions here on WWII weaponry and history in general that would appeal to many WWII junkies who are not necessarily gamer's. However - if they find our lovely community and join in, and perhaps learn about what is going on here, they may be interested in dipping their toe's in the water and trying the game out. Think of all of the content that is here - that isn't available on Google searches because it is behind a pay-wall - and whom that content might appeal to.

Some of that content was posted with the express understanding it was behind a paywall.  I think it would be rude to put it out there, and again another reason to never sub and help pay for all this.

4 hours ago, gretnine said:

More like backwards mentality towards community forums, sadly. Forums should be open for everyone and not be behind paywall.  "Premium" section of the forums are only accessible if you pay. They also happen to be the most ACTIVE sections on the forums.

That's why we have General Discussions.

Yes, it is an odd concept.

I'm very active on a pen paper and dice old school RPG forum.  They let you see the first post of a thread, but you have to be signed on, and you don't get autoposting privileges until you prove you aren't a nutcase or a bot, otherwise mods have to release your post.  Then there is a yearly subscription which allows you access to the no holds barred OT type forum and they literally vote on forum matters- whether to add new fora, mostly.  I'm not a subscriber, but I did make pitches that I think helped put two fora on the site.  So that approach is quite appealing to me.

Back to this site, I also like the two tier part, sometimes because I am approaching ugly game truths that I would like to keep 'in the family' and not blurted out all over the internet.

And I think most OTers would rather their shenanigans didn't get outted/doxed, people get pretty non-PC in there and I would hate to see the mods have to enforce rigid civility rules in keeping with general access.  As such, at least this OT senator says nay.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Back to this site, I also like the two tier part, sometimes because I am approaching ugly game truths that I would like to keep 'in the family' and not blurted out all over the internet.

And I think most OTers would rather their shenanigans didn't get outted/doxed, people get pretty non-PC in there and I would hate to see the mods have to enforce rigid civility rules in keeping with general access.  As such, at least this OT senator says nay.

I thank my honourable Kansan colleague from across the aisle for his comments and insights as always, but in representing my people from the esteemed state of Canada, might I, without being indelicate, put forward an amendment to the proposition, to wit: 

that non-subscribing, non-members be able to read the first post of every thread, or indeed, why not every post, but without the privilege and solemn responsibility of being able to comment or post themselves until and  unless they become fully paid subscribers? 

• Registered Users

If you give f2p players everything , they have no need to subscribe.  I agree with 2 tier .

It also reduces Trolls for the sake of trolling .

F2p don't need to be turned off by some of the posts before they get a chance to actually play and form their own oppinions.

Just my 2c .

59 minutes ago, sorella said:

I thank my honourable Kansan colleague from across the aisle for his comments and insights as always, but in representing my people from the esteemed state of Canada, might I, without being indelicate, put forward an amendment to the proposition, to wit: 

that non-subscribing, non-members be able to read the first post of every thread, or indeed, why not every post, but without the privilege and solemn responsibility of being able to comment or post themselves until and  unless they become fully paid subscribers? 

Exhibit A, Goof's Flappy C****r thread. 

It was my understanding that the "General Discussions" forum was open for, well everyone at least, that includes posting / replying to stuff considering theres all the other Behind-The-Paywall stuff already ie Axis / Allied Discussions and whatnot...

But thats cool, just wondering...whatever makes you drive it harder into the wall is fine at some point putting it out of that misery already

ps. nobody cares about OT...

1 hour ago, wehrmacht0 said:

ps. nobody cares about OT...

yeah we know. it has 3 million more posts than any other forum but its all padding.

Related image