Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

kareca

PORTLAND new PING

kareca

Nice work in PortLand !!

but the ping is very bad!
Unable to play.
Is something being done?

S!

kareca

... Stugmonkeys cant stug? ....

unfortunately  can't play, slickie1.

I think now you won't see my stugs ...

with 150 ping it was hard to play
Now with 240 is impossible.

S!

Edited by kareca

dropbear

Mine went from 195 -210 depending on the time of day to 215-230. Server feels much smoother though. This is from Australia.

TheCat

my ping has gone up about a third, were I was stable green at about 120 I'm now stable amber at about 160,  from UK

Edited by TheCat
  • Like 1

OHM

I wouldn’t worry to much about ping ... I would be looking at how the game is actually playing...

is it smoother 

is there less lag 

can I now kill players with a few shots as opposed to emptying multiple clips 

this is what you should be looking at 

XOOM

I've seen a lot of this while in-game: "My ping is higher, but connection is more stable." We've made our servers uniformed (not mix-matched), all new cabling, all new router, all new switches, all new ISP.  Give it some time before digging into it too deeply. Geographic positioning will have some impact but packet transmissions and newer technologies should be much better.

• Like 2

TheCat
12 hours ago, XOOM said:

I've seen a lot of this while in-game: "My ping is higher, but connection is more stable." We've made our servers uniformed (not mix-matched), all new cabling, all new router, all new switches, all new ISP.  Give it some time before digging into it too deeply. Geographic positioning will have some impact but packet transmissions and newer technologies should be much better.

OHM

I wouldn’t worry to much about ping ... I would be looking at how the game is actually playing...

is it smoother 

is there less lag 

can I now kill players with a few shots as opposed to emptying multiple clips 

this is what you should be looking at

my connection has always been quite stable,   so far I've only played inf  but  I'm still shooting people at times to no effect whether  that's less or more than before only time will tell, but so far I'm definitely getting more Lag effects  for instance  I was upstairs in a CP  and I saw a guy go past  the bottom of the stairs from right to left he sort of clipped into the wall  on the left as he went past  and then he shot me from behind, I didn't see him come up the stairs at all....just him running past me shooting  as I died, I've had a few instances like that so far  I got smg'd  in  the radio room of the ab bunker and didn't see the player come in at all.

Edited by TheCat

ian77
15 hours ago, TheCat said:

my ping has gone up about a third, were I was stable green at about 120 I'm now stable amber at about 160,  from UK

same for me, seems less lag deaths and smother play... S!

• Like 1

Mosizlak

I'm on the east coast, so my ping used to be around 40-50 when they had the servers in Texas. 

Now I'm around 90 or so. 

Haven't noticed a difference at all. 

• Like 2

tatonka

mine was 55 - 110  now its 38 -40   and im 30 miles from Portland 

• Like 1

tr6al

Ya , mine was 1round 60 -80 and is now 30-50 , Im west canada

• Like 1

kareca

if got better for most. Good !!  (USA, Canada etc..)

I just passed an information..

S!

Edited by kareca
  • Like 1

axeinc

I has from 190 til 210 and normal I has got 30 to 40 losing 2 out of 10 packet

Stabel 1GB line fiber channel in fiber router fuel duplex gigabyte network card so network from my point is no option

When I back trace it is look like some packet collations in you network routing BUT not total sure I am using Solarwins to monitor network connections and packets, pings, trace, hubs, loops ect. ect.

The hardware setup is the VERY best you can get for money :) 

TS 3 Denmark location 

Hoping you can find the issue 

kareca
On 28/12/2019 at 2:16 PM, Mosizlak said:

I'm on the east coast, so my ping used to be around 40-50 when they had the servers in Texas. 

Now I'm around 90 or so. 

Haven't noticed a difference at all. 

I agree..

when your ping is 40 and goes to 90
you will not feel any difference
but when your ping is 160 and goes to 240 - 250
do you realize the difference.

If I had 90 ping I would be happy..lol

S!

base21

used to have around 135-160 ping now I have 190-220. haven't noticed any difference though but as I was playing yesterday there were some warping EA that were difficult to hit

edit: I'm in sweden btw

• Like 1

dropbear

Has the server lag compensation been adjusted for the new isp?

SCKING

Ping doesn't have as much of an effect on in-game performance as packets dropping when it comes to this game. The little dots is the packet stream, and that broken up is a bigger indicator of issues with the connection between you and the server than the ping. Long pings can effect someone coming around the corner in tight quarters but wouldn't make the game unplayable. Reaction times would effect your game play more than 300ms of ping.  

• Like 1

kareca
6 minutes ago, SCKING said:

Ping doesn't have as much of an effect on in-game performance as packets dropping when it comes to this game. The little dots is the packet stream, and that broken up is a bigger indicator of issues with the connection between you and the server than the ping. Long pings can effect someone coming around the corner in tight quarters but wouldn't make the game unplayable. Reaction times would effect your game play more than 300ms of ping.  

maybe...

1 player with  250 ping    x    1 player with 40 ping....

who dies?

S!

Edited by kareca
  • Like 1

SCKING
2 minutes ago, kareca said:

maybe...

1 player with  250 ping    x    1 player with 40 ping....

who dies?

S!

How do you figure reaction time? How about packet location update time (ei who sees who first)? who gets bullets on target first? did it just injure or actually kill? 

kareca
8 minutes ago, SCKING said:

How do you figure reaction time? How about packet location update time (ei who sees who first)? who gets bullets on target first? did it just injure or actually kill? 

rendering time do you mean?

...if there are no problems
let's Play!

S!

Edited by kareca