Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

kareca

PORTLAND new PING

SCKING
2 minutes ago, kareca said:

rendering time do you mean?

rendering is the drawing (can figure that as system performance).. 

Kilemall
On 12/27/2019 at 7:13 PM, OHM said:

I wouldn’t worry to much about ping ... I would be looking at how the game is actually playing...

is it smoother 

is there less lag 

can I now kill players with a few shots as opposed to emptying multiple clips 

this is what you should be looking at 

Isn't that more a function of the servers being more optimized for internal service rather then external comms?

I always felt that WWIIOL could benefit from a lot more optimized local connection and disk caching.

You have to expect some hits for pings if the new site is not as on the main trunks as the old one.

ZEBBEEE

My game is now much smoother from Belgium, despite a higher ping.

kareca
12 hours ago, SCKING said:

How do you figure reaction time? How about packet location update time (ei who sees who first)? who gets bullets on target first? did it just injure or actually kill? 

ping — Packet Internet Network Groper.

Its function is to analyze the time of sending a packet of data and response between machines that are connected in the same network.

who gets the information first obviously sees first.

S!

bus0

I'm seeing more 'clippers'(rendering), peeps shooting 'around corners'(rendering) or just 'appear'(lag) suddenly right in front of you. Tanks just 'appear' only once they fire, that sort of stuff.

ping tripled, 30-40 to 90-120

open field battle, not so bad, in town fighting, not going there.

Boudreau

Uhhhhhh...."groper".......should it be "hugger" or "grooper"......but "groper"??  :P:popcorn:S!

Edited by Boudreau

kareca

for years ping was the "villain"
They even created an "auto kick" .
and now ping is not important. OK
I'm learning yet.

S!

Edited by kareca

bram1913
On 12/28/2019 at 0:58 AM, TheCat said:

my ping has gone up about a third, were I was stable green at about 120 I'm now stable amber at about 160,  from UK

Same here.

OLDZEKE
2 hours ago, kareca said:

for years ping was the "villain"
They even created an "auto kick" .
and now ping is not important. OK
I'm learning yet.

S!

Auto despawn does not go off of ping.

OLDZEKE

Kareca, serious question. You say in a post above that you can't play due to ping. Are you getting auto despawned? Are others warping around from your point of view?

Are you set to the lowest " visible players limit" in the preferences?

sajuk

My ping is 200-400 near everythink is warping sometimes

OHM

The game is Running on newer hardware and the servers are all the same now ... not 4 different servers 

The network switches are new  high speed and all new cabling 

The ISP is not the same as who we used in Dallas. 

So there are many improvements that was made for this gigantic move .... 

Also the game has only been up for a few days in the new location.  Having the game running at the new location does not mean we are done with the move. As many can see not all of our websites are fully functional.

We are still move large amounts of Data from Dallas to Portland. There is still fine tuning that needs to be done. 

Pilotmc and others has been working there buts off to make this happen. They also have had to do this during the holiday season and i am sure there familys are saying WTF are you doing you are missing out.  

We CRS are here for the game and the players , we hear everyone and will continue to do what we can to make this the best game there is!     

• Like 8

knapp

My ping went from 90 - 200 ms  to 40 - 60 ms. I didn't know the game could run this smooth. Everything feels much smoother.  

I'm in Boise Idaho about a 6 hr drive from Portland. 

• Like 1

XOOM
4 hours ago, knapp said:

My ping went from 90 - 200 ms  to 40 - 60 ms. I didn't know the game could run this smooth. Everything feels much smoother.  

I'm in Boise Idaho about a 6 hr drive from Portland. 

I have family in Boise. If you make that drive in 6 hours... you need to drive safer :D. 7-8 hours more realistically, unless you're hauling ass lol.

• Like 2

mikemudd

I’m down in the south of Australia and my network ping  is maybe 10% different (~220 to ~240) since the move. I’ve played with that ping for many years and I’ve found that it’s the quality of the connection rather than the ping that affects game play. I also have a quite slow uplink speed (1.5-2mbps)  which doesn’t seem to adversely affect the game.

• Like 1

knapp
35 minutes ago, XOOM said:

I have family in Boise. If you make that drive in 6 hours... you need to drive safer :D. 7-8 hours more realistically, unless you're hauling [censored] lol.

LOL, a lot of straight freeway here to there and Oregon speed limits are a little on the conservative side. I usually don't go all the way to Portland, mostly kayaking trips in the gorge area. So, my estimate may be a little off. 

delems

My ping was about 25% slower 50-70, then went back almost back to normal, 40 - 60.

But now, suddenly, my ping has doubled to 120 ish?

kareca

WWII in Portland became a game for close players only ...

(geographically speaking)

S!

Edited by kareca

aef
2 hours ago, kareca said:

WWII in Portland became a game for close players only ...

(geographically speaking)

S!

I am 2,260 miles away from oregon and enjoy it even with warp lag shoot a clip in mid air while roof jumping from 4 stories and making a left turn before landing softly and in mid sprint 

dropbear

..but we have accurately modelled guns.

matamor
On 2019-12-31 at 9:32 PM, knapp said:

I'm in Boisé Idaho about a 6 hr drive from Portland. 

Fixed. Make French America great again!

• Like 1

kareca

when my ping returns to acceptable levels (120-160 for me)
I will play again.

250-300 not acceptable.

see that the ping issue is with the CRS server
In Discord my ping is normal (for me).

"

Discord is connected to the real-time communication server on us-central659 with an average latency of 151ms. The last latency record was 151ms.

If latency is fluctuating or greater than 250ms, consider asking the server owner to change regions."

IPIFLq.png

S!

Edited by kareca
  • Like 1

tatonka

I have 25-40 ping 55-60fps and still have problems , shoot guys they don't die .  Multi shots from a bar before they fall over . Ene in corner of buildings not visible until your inside, and they appear as your being gunned down :(  So I try to play the game that works for me , killing the ene from far away , or from a place they cannot see me.  What I just stated also is same for people who run into me , I been shot and didn't die then killed 18 players until someone got me , but he didn't get credit for kill . the guy who wounded me as I was floating down got the credit .  I jumped out of a bush and the ei was running towards me, and kept coming towards me without a flinch ,as if he didn't see me  come out of the bush , go prone in front of him , then shoot him.  Also quit asking snipers to cap = death sentence .

hillstorm
31 minutes ago, tatonka said:

Also quit asking snipers to cap = death sentence .

Snipers have pistol, right? (Honest question - can’t remember for sure). If so, it’s really no harder for them to cap than an LMG, or rifleman, or a lot of infantry roles besides smgs or semis. Just saying. I totally understand it’s not their primary function nor should it be. I also get that when a sniper has found a perfect spot, the last thing they need to be doing is giving it up to run into a cp if it’s not absolute necessary.  But we have a sniper in squad who’s been helping to cap when it’s badly needed and it can make a difference. 

Anyway, we all play our own game and know our own strengths ... I can’t do what you do. I suck with a sniper rifle!

Edited by hillstorm