Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delems

Bombing FMS.

14 posts in this topic

Wouldn't it be better if air couldn't bomb FMS  and destroy them?
FMS should be destroyed by infantry only, that way better battles.

Allowing air to destroy FMS ruins many battle engagements.  Far to easy to spot and bomb them.

Tanks can't destroy FMS, ATGs can't, mortars can't..... so how come air?

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

Air used to take down FB's. Now you give less and less they can do. Why have bombers? Especially the Axis slow bombers?

1 person likes this

lol, I haven't heard of an axis bomber taking down an MS in months.

They shouldn't take down FMS for the same reason they shouldn't (and don't) take down a FB.

Ok, maybe they can half damage a FMS?

I have never seen any FMS destroyed by air support. I guess it is harder than what we might think 

As far as I know , Rebel357 is pretty much the only one that takes them down on a regular basis .

Think this is pretty weak compaint . Need more for the Air guys to do not less . And air can and does take down the fb veh spawns .

On 12/31/2019 at 3:32 PM, Rws said:

Air used to take down FB's. Now you give less and less they can do. Why have bombers? Especially the Axis slow bombers?

For the record, air can take down FBs again. Or at least damage FBs. Been seeing this lately. It's aggravating, but it kind of makes sense. 

The game should include more ground targets and ways for aircraft to attack them effectively, at greater risk from ground AA fire. That's just good game design. More lethality, more risk.

I asked and oldzeke confirmed that you need direct hits with at least 4x100Kg bombs (or equivalent). That is very difficult to achieve.

Maybe it could become a issue the day we have more pilots again in the sky.

Funny, my MS at Mook was bombed to oblivion yesterday.

The point it, it takes away from ground combat.

And yes, not near enough good AA to combat air, why need Flakvierling and towable Flak 36/37 both in tier 0.

35 minutes ago, hillstorm said:

For the record, air can take down FBs again. Or at least damage FBs. Been seeing this lately. It's aggravating, but it kind of makes sense. 

Bombs can destroy the veh spawn at a fb but can't damage the inf spawn. Takes 4 sc250he bombs on veh, all direct hits and I think 8 of the db7 or havoc bombs....I've forgot on the allied bombs but it takes more of them. Takes 4 of the 500# allied bombs like the hurri2c and blen4 carry.

No, this game needs more combined arms, not less.  MSPs have the ability to protect themselves from the air. It is much more dangerous to fly CAS on a target town (either offensive or defensive) than ever before.  

1 person likes this

On 1/2/2020 at 10:33 PM, aef said:

I have seen rans/reb357/bus0 take down ems’s in bunches

Yep - 2 fms per run in DB7. Kills AOs fast! :) 

Same for c00per in a stuka

With no fear of death, our pilots "hunt" AAA not seek to avoid it, and with faulty damage models and lag etc they fly through a lot of flak.  Make AAA deaths count against fighter stats, that might give them some fear! :) 

Edited by ian77

It ain't all that easy 'finding' then 'destroying' an FMS or attacking an FB with a Db or Boston, delems has a tendency to make it sound oh so easy, usually its teamwork on the ground or last recourse cause we can't do it on the ground. The best of us that do that, the HO and Rans are the best and they will spend on average 5 bombs to get 1 fms down, you just don't get a 4 on target that easily. If its defended by AAA I usually switch to a 2C and cover, if fighters appear switch and cover, its all about teamwork, so no it ain't easy.

And if Mosizlak in the area, we outta there quick like.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0