• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mosizlak

PPO nonsense

12 posts in this topic

There has got to be a limit to them somehow.

We have people ingame clogging up entire areas with PPOs.  Now we're getting more? 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

There has got to be a limit to them somehow.

We have people ingame clogging up entire areas with PPOs.  Now we're getting more? 

Wait until the players get the Maginot Line and Atlantic Wall modules.

41 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Wait until the players get the Maginot Line and Atlantic Wall modules.

Some dork put so many PPOs between OUR depot and OUR CP that we couldn't get to it cleanly. EI were wiping us out as we bumbled thru this guy's crap. 

Just awful. 

Then, probably the same guy, clogged up our own AB in a different town so bad you had to take 7 different routes to the bunker.  I couldnt roll my bofors behind the vehicle spawn. I started spawning an engineer to clear the garbage out of the AB. 

If people wanna do that, go play Minecraft. 

4 people like this

Some players do get extreme with them...i wanna start building ppos around canuks shermans and yell sapper on you canuk!....the hilarity of him not able to move will bring tears of joy

Edited by aef
4 people like this

14 hours ago, aef said:

Some players do get extreme with them...i wanna start building ppos around canuks shermans and yell sapper on you canuk!....the hilarity of him not able to move will bring tears of joy

hahahhah!  good! 

He would leave the tank and run off on foot...!

S!

Edited by kareca
2 people like this

14 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Some dork put so many PPOs between OUR depot and OUR CP that we couldn't get to it cleanly. EI were wiping us out as we bumbled thru this guy's crap. 

Just awful. 

Then, probably the same guy, clogged up our own AB in a different town so bad you had to take 7 different routes to the bunker.  I couldnt roll my bofors behind the vehicle spawn. I started spawning an engineer to clear the garbage out of the AB. 

If people wanna do that, go play Minecraft. 

I've done a couple of depot setups, it IS very important to have a couple lanes from the spawn to the flag building, in fact a big part of the point of building anything there is to provide cover so you can get there even if there is a cutter.

I didn't really see a lot of benefit in stopping infantry for depot works, just too many approach angles once they are that close and it takes forever to do more then a 120 degree stop line.  That, and if you are doing it during an attack you are basically saying here kill this precious engineer when we need them more for FB busting and AI/bridge repair.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Kilemall said:

I've done a couple of depot setups, it IS very important to have a couple lanes from the spawn to the flag building, in fact a big part of the point of building anything there is to provide cover so you can get there even if there is a cutter.

I didn't really see a lot of benefit in stopping infantry for depot works, just too many approach angles once they are that close and it takes forever to do more then a 120 degree stop line.  That, and if you are doing it during an attack you are basically saying here kill this precious engineer when we need them more for FB busting and AI/bridge repair.

I like PPOs. I like the addition to the game, but this was utterly ridiculous lol

1 person likes this

See it a lot around spawnables - it stops the defenders more than helps them, as as idiots blocking roads around ABs in big towns, just helps the attacking ei to kill stalled tanks/panzers

Edited by ian77

46 minutes ago, ian77 said:

See it a lot around spawnables - it stops the defenders more than helps them, as as idiots blocking roads around ABs in big towns, just helps the attacking ei to kill stalled tanks/panzers

Agree with this ... helps defenders in certain way providing cover for inf to make it into the CP, making it harder for tanks to camp, easier to get zooks out, etc.

Totally depends on circumstance and town design though.

Edited by choad

What we Really Need is the ability to kill Green Tags that stay within one inch of you no matter where you go or run. You are hiding waiting on that ei you spotted or tank that's coming and this Greentag is constantly shooting you giving your position away until he finally kills himself with a nade that he dropped at your feet.

4 people like this

On 1/12/2020 at 7:40 PM, bludngut said:

What we Really Need is the ability to kill Green Tags that stay within one inch of you no matter where you go or run. You are hiding waiting on that ei you spotted or tank that's coming and this Greentag is constantly shooting you giving your position away until he finally kills himself with a nade that he dropped at your feet.

I'd settle for MPs that haul him off to Leavenworth.

Stad AB was completely fileld with PPOs just now (blocking the veh, and access out of AB area (no AB walls there)).

On the one hand, I'm fine with PPOs, and I indeed want more of them---though some I want will be easier to take out (doors with any HE at all). On the other hand, what was done in the AB was obviously griefing.

I suppose ei can come in, blow AI, then build crap when there is no AO, and it's not technically griefing (griefing would be coming in as the side of the owner and doing that, then switching back). My solution to the former would be to have the AI automatically rebuild after some time with no AO, and have the AI indestructible and possibly 360 degrees when no AO is set.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0