Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Mosizlak

Dead AOs.

Mosizlak

AO's need to be automatically removed after 1 hour of no EWS.  Then the system can place an AO at random. 

Might make the few HC that refuse to change dead AOs a bit butthurt, but that's life.  

Right now, log in, 2 dead AOs. 1 2 hours long, 2nd is 4 hours long. No FBs to them, on total defense.  No answer from any of the HC online for a request to change AOs. 

Sitting at the map doing .own on our few FBs. Spawning in at Wiltz when EI EWS goes off to kill a camper (4 other people did the same thing at the same time, which leads me to believe they were also sitting at the map looking to do something other than defend). 

It's the last thing that HC is responsible for, AOs, and half the time they refuse to do that lol. 

Automate the entire thing, let the HCs do what they used to do before flags and AOs: Organize attacks. 

• Like 1

XOOM
23 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

21 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

It's the last thing that HC is responsible for, AOs, and half the time they refuse to do that lol. 

Automate the entire thing, let the HCs do what they used to do before flags and AOs: Organize attacks. 

The same people who argue that 1.36 didn't yield their desired results would demand that we actually retract further and un-do what has been done to automate the majority of their function in their absence.

I was hopeful that with the High Command demands being substantially removed that we'd see more veteran players stepping up to HC / volunteer because you're right, the last major thing they have to do is to manage Objectives and direct players to them.

Players determining where the battles are and the strategic objectives being is something that will be very difficult to automate, but the best thing we can do is to give it to the hands of player leaders such as we have outlined in the "Proximity based AO" concept that we were looking at. 

Are we ready for that? Do the players no longer have faith in our High Command teams to even do that? Or could we see more players joining High Command to help with the AO management / player direction equation?

• Like 2

aef

Everyone is just defending noone realizes that the action we get is the action WE create.....allies were op for a bit today and i counted 12+ sitting in town (mostly shermans) getting nothing done against light ews while we could barely muster 8-9 guys for an ao for about 10 minutes...mind you axis were rolling backline ms’s/tigers and all sorts of stuff a loong ways away when if they spent a third of that energy they could have probably capped a spawn at an ao or camped an ab/fb...its to dam easy to defend 

• Like 1

PITTPETE

IMO get rid of AO's

EWS = go check the CPs

Takes about 8 min for a solo cap

If you cant kill a lone EI while spawning 10 feet from the CP, you might have more problems than playing a game...LOL

• Like 2

matamor
28 minutes ago, aef said:

its to dam easy to defend 

outside 3:1 odds yes it so it is

Kilemall
15 minutes ago, XOOM said:

The same people who argue that 1.36 didn't yield their desired results would demand that we actually retract further and un-do what has been done to automate the majority of their function in their absence.

I was hopeful that with the High Command demands being substantially removed that we'd see more veteran players stepping up to HC / volunteer because you're right, the last major thing they have to do is to manage Objectives and direct players to them.

Players determining where the battles are and the strategic objectives being is something that will be very difficult to automate, but the best thing we can do is to give it to the hands of player leaders such as we have outlined in the "Proximity based AO" concept that we were looking at. 

Are we ready for that? Do the players no longer have faith in our High Command teams to even do that? Or could we see more players joining High Command to help with the AO management / player direction equation?

The problem is not with HC or not.  The problem is player count dropping too low to have a lot of player leaders, which was always a function of how many people were on, and the difficulty now compounded of a lot of new players not communicating or hooking with either squads OR HC comms.

The same player count cutting down the number of people willing to brave the frustration of laying FMS in this environment, and if anything a higher percentage of slacker/non-org players that won't show for anything but a close quarter arenafest.

Why am I not in HC?  My friends won't touch this dumbed down HC version with a 10 foot pole which reduces my interest, and I have no confidence I can reach a lot of players that will respond in an organized manner.  And I have a recognizable 'brand name', for better or worse, a lot of HC just off the boat won't and the few vets playing at my time don't have a lot of patience with Really Bad Decision Learning.  That, and the one enticement for HC service that almost got me in, the HC LMS, was just too deadly for whichever side had a committed HC to keep one up and take the UK (so I understand why it had to go, but I also knew it's awesome power and how I could shape the battle like in FRU days).

I did a little tactical direction the other day, attack on a town.  Guys got enemy spawns, then our spawns, then AB.  In the meantime the enemy let us have the AB while they took linking depots, smart.

A high initiative player got out there and killed one of the two FBs, leaving us just one spawn to take.

I could not get across to these guys how fast we had to act to avoid a bunch of EFMS rescue and/or losing control, particularly since the enemy AO was going to be taken and more coming to defend.

It was just one depot, ONE depot, and we could not maintain cutters for control of just a small space for one spawn left (plus EFMS that had already arrived of course).   Even the HC on, a very experienced name, didn't seem to be grasping we just had one spawn to contend with.

I submit that the game ALWAYS had a lack of conceptual art with not deciding on player experience or creating player organization organically, which got smoothed over when you have a high enough player count  so those tactical AND organizational leaders, HC or otherwise, were in sufficient numbers to keep it up and you had an audience who had the patience to drive 20m to instadeath.  I further submit that proximity AOs won't get you player leaders that start AOs, just the few ones driving out FMS.

More players, more action, more voice comms so we retain more people, more org tools, top to bottom redo of player experience so they never get the Home Alone feeling of no action and abandonment.

Zeb's steam doc?  Should have been done and kept up from the first year to now, and accessible from the game the whole time.  You do that because it's a damn business and not some psych experiment in self-organizing groups.

Now just on Mos's suggestion, I don't see why this is a problem to do, should have been some of the FIRST things done rather then 1.36.  You already have an AO selector that has been in play for at least a decade, this is the part that should have been there all along to complement it.  I don't think you destroy the HC just for adding in what should have been there all along for a no one home babysitting AO.  And if you do decide to go Proximity AO, well at least 1/3 of it is done.

• Like 5

flong139

cn always take the fb back to the ao

but yes makes it more aggravating when you see hc on  yet no reply

if your an hac officer and your on you can make a call regardless of branch

S!

Kilemall
4 minutes ago, flong139 said:

cn always take the fb back to the ao

but yes makes it more aggravating when you see hc on  yet no reply

if your an hac officer and your on you can make a call regardless of branch

S!

My experience is many HC air guys don't want to touch the ground game at all.

Some of the best CinCs I ever served under were air guys so I'm not denigrating the breed, just that a lot of them are not savvy about the ground game, know they aren't, and often have a 'I'll be HC if I just have to deal with air issues' attitude.

Edited by Kilemall

aef

Been alot of action this map but a dropoff in numbers since holidays ended for sure.....tbh i just think peeps need to stop sitting in empty cps at dead aos or clicking fbs all over the map looking for damage.....attacking is needed or we all just wasting our time

• Like 2

Mosizlak
15 minutes ago, aef said:

Been alot of action this map but a dropoff in numbers since holidays ended for sure.....tbh i just think peeps need to stop sitting in empty cps at dead aos or clicking fbs all over the map looking for damage.....attacking is needed or we all just wasting our time

Yeah, and when you cant get a 4 hour AO changed that doesnt have any FBs, what now? 

• Like 1

axeinc

Problem is some HC officers do NOT belong in HC for there dont do cooms, AOs and ect ect.

I agree if NO HC online then the system shall take down death AOs and place them but like Pitt say get rid of AOs for cap in 8 min easy and more fun to and then HC is on the side and equal to the game and not dependt on HC need to be online. I see on every time I log on HC online but no comms and even answer to calls and I dont put up names that is not my still.

I hope CRS will take action to this matter for it is hurting the game

And after all I know the game since 2002 and HC for many years and either step up OR step out so you dont kill the game

• Like 1

Silky
7 hours ago, XOOM said:

Make command roles valuable and full of utility and players will join. Command-Control tools and genuine leadership tools. Build it and they will...

FieldofDreams.jpg

Edited by Silky
  • Like 1

gavalink
8 hours ago, PITTPETE said:

IMO get rid of AO's

I've been anti-AO since day 1.

• Like 1

dre21

Send Brutus my info for HC on the 31st or 30th , see forum . I'm still waiting for any response .

So how is one to join when one does not get feed back or info.

I have said it countless time implement a system where one of us High Ranking Vets can make AO decisions. 

Pull

Set new

Get rid of having to AO bridges all together that would go a long way too one task that is gone then.

So all a high ranking player then needs to do is decide to pull an AO and re-issue a new AO on a Town

• Like 2

ZEBBEEE

Reserve HCs can remove/place AOs by just right-clicking towns. So, volunteering as reserve HC can help. 

There is currently an ingame poll regarding the audit of AOs which might help better understand what is actually expected.

It is acknowledged that the impact of AO mechanics might have been underestimated and that the changes from 1.36 have not yet been balanced with enough counterparts to please all players’ segments.
That being said, ANY change would have to come with new counterparts, and thus so much new discussions, corrections and compromises.

aef
10 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Yeah, and when you cant get a 4 hour AO changed that doesnt have any FBs, what now? 

We been attacking and camping the axis p1 fbs when thats happened...the other day u lit up my firefly with tb stuka at an fb in the south doing just that lol

Mosizlak
5 hours ago, aef said:

We been attacking and camping the axis p1 fbs when thats happened...the other day u lit up my firefly with tb stuka at an fb in the south doing just that lol

Glad to see it happens to you guys as well...lol

• Like 1

blggles

.makeHC gumbat

.takeHC

Then you always have HC. Like hiring a temp when in need.

Edited by blggles
  • Like 1

ian77

Make the OIC function persistent, HC log and appoint a non HC as OIC. Make it so he can change unit without losing his temporary HC status?

• Like 2