• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
TMAN

Operation Iron Justice

57 posts in this topic

Shermans,  Even the Allied called them Ronson Lighters cause they lit on fire so quickly. If only this game was real life...

You want to be careful with historical "memes" like the ronson story. Sure, they were called ronsons and even zippos because they were known to burn easily and that was a horror no tank crew wanted to deal with, so they would be jocular about it. That's stoic determination. However, what you might be overlooking is that German tanks like the Pz.III and Pz.IV series were as likely to catch fire and burn as a Sherman was ... prior to the wet ammunition storage solution being employed in later marks of Sherman tank. Those Sherman's so equipped didn't burn anything like as easily. Americans just didn't routinely make jokes about the horror of that result (German tanks burning) like they did about their own tanks, because they would never be burned alive inside a German tank.

It's worth noting that Tigers and Panthers also brewed up rather well but were more difficult to penetrate first. The legend that American tanks  were "worse" when it came to burning is a false perspective, grown bigger in memory for the decades that have resold that myth over and over again. In fact ... no one will remember the "meme" associated with wet storage Shermans (because it never existed) but the truth is these Shermans were LESS likely to burn post penetration than German tanks were.

Edited by DOC
5 people like this

In factual history, the dry storage Shermans and the PzKpfW IVs were equally likely to burn after penetration.

As Doc notes above, the later wet storage Shermans were less likely to burn.

That was determined after the war by analysis of after action reports.

But, folk tales often are not based on fact.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Rws said:

If only this game was real life...

If this game was real life, everyone here would be dead in combat. You don't get to respawn in real life. Be glad it's just a game.

Note though that in many respects it's the most realistic game out there.  

Not implementing historically non-factual folk tales doesn't make the game less realistic.

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, jwilly said:

If this game was real life, everyone here would be dead in combat.

I respawn everytime I wake up. Especially after vivid dreams.

Image result for ww2 sherman burning tank

I would like to see a statistic of how many tanks participated and the deaths / kill on each side (axis / allied).

S!

1 hour ago, kareca said:

I would like to see a statistic of how many tanks participated and the deaths / kill on each side (axis / allied).

S!

Maybe that is why stats have been offline for almost 1 month now ... with no estimated time of return given .... CRS is trying to hide their Allied bias by covering up the glaring tank kit disparity.

2 hours ago, kareca said:

S!

The number of US tank crew killed in combat in the European theater will completely shock you...

It was less than 1000. That's including tank crew killed outside of their tanks as well. 

So, if you wanted to survive WW2 as a US soldier, you wanted to be in a tank. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, choad said:

Maybe that is why stats have been offline for almost 1 month now ... with no estimated time of return given .... CRS is trying to hide their Allied bias by covering up the glaring tank kit disparity.

He ment in real life not game . But  sure you knew that.

9 minutes ago, dre21 said:

He ment in real life not game . But  sure you knew that.

Nah ... i thought he was saying he would like to see post-game stats for the upcoming event ...

7 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

The number of US tank crew killed in combat in the European theater will completely shock you...

It was less than 1000. That's including tank crew killed outside of their tanks as well. 

So, if you wanted to survive WW2 as a US soldier, you wanted to be in a tank. 

Or anywhere but in a front line infantry unit in an active part of the front.

Being a quartermaster somewhere away from the front, or an AA gunner almost anywhere, or a clerk typing away in a commandeered hotel-used-as-an-office-building in Paris, was pretty safe too.

Fighting infantry, not so much. 

1 person likes this

I am not going to be there I am NOT drive pnz that is for girls real men fight on ground :) 

15 hours ago, choad said:

Dre21, I referred to the event that will happen.

As for the preference of CRS I have no doubts.

S!

Edited by kareca

26 minutes ago, kareca said:

Dre21, I referred to the event that will happen.

As for the preference of CRS I have no doubts.

S!

Ahhhh, OK , I thought u ment real life. 

Well I reckon it be going down like this the Airboys are gonna be overhead like a swarm of angry hornets and take a good part of the Armored forces out before they see another Tank. A few will fall to the ATG that has a tow account. 

The 2 that fall victim to the 2 descriped above will say F this I thought this is supposed to be a Armor battle , and either log or go back to regular programming. 

A few others will fall victim to the random Sapper/Zook/Shrek type. 

In the end there be a few that will clash with other Armor . 

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, MikeAZ said:

I wonder how many will multi crew.

I will take a guess , 0.

@kareca rerereading your post , now I see that you ment in game stats , at 1st it didn't read like that.

Next event should be armor vs squishies....all drivers make a pact not to engage other armor and just focus on the squishies.

Tigers and sherms side by side mowing them down ;) 

1 hour ago, matamor said:

did we win?

Look at map looks like [censored] :) 

Well, the Allied tank columns went to their AO, and the Axis tank columns went to their AO and they never really met LOL

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Well, the Allied tank columns went to their AO, and the Axis tank columns went to their AO and they never really met LOL

I was at walcourt ab waiting for zee panzers!

7 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

I wished someday HCs would sit together and organize a REAL event. 

1 person likes this

You want an event, I’d propose closing the server for the duration and move to the training server for the occasion

2 people like this

On 1/19/2020 at 8:05 AM, kazee said:

Next event should be armor vs squishies....all drivers make a pact not to engage other armor and just focus on the squishies.

Tigers and sherms side by side mowing them down ;) 

I still think shreks and zooks + sappers will beat the combined armour, especially if you let the tank busters play. Tank supported by an inf or two is still very vulnerable to our in game super freed from fear RPG ninjas.