Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Saitek X56 programming woes

rmack1

It's been a few years, but I thought I remembered how to program Saitek joysticks (and throttles) in this game.

Long story short; everything programs but the pinky switch.  I used that as my secondary weapon in wwiionline planes back in the day.  bombs when in bombers, and cannons when in fighters that had them.  It won't register like the other stick buttons when I go through the exact procedures.

• Registered Users

The pinky switch needs be assigned as a key in the Saitek software best as I recall....at least that's what I recall on the x52

On 1/15/2020 at 8:12 PM, OLDZEKE said:

The pinky switch needs be assigned as a key in the Saitek software best as I recall....at least that's what I recall on the x52

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Now if I could only spawn vehicles in the training server to test out my programming.  I submitted a ticket about it yesterday. 

• Registered Users
1 hour ago, rmack1 said:

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Now if I could only spawn vehicles in the training server to test out my programming.  I submitted a ticket about it yesterday. 

You can spawn everything offline

• 2 months later...

QIzFaJl.png

Are you talking about button 3 on this image?  What they call Nose Wheel Steering?   I just clicked where the original "Use Secondary Weapon                           Joystick 1 Button 2" was and when it turned Black with a White Background pressed the button on my joystick and that mapped it to Joystick 2 Button 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Odd My Pinkie switch looks different. On my X56 the pinkie switch is on the top of a stake.. and it ..the hat switch programs just fine. I'm on my ground floor or I would give you the button number... I THINK it is button 7 . (?).

What I wanted to do with it was have it be Key "N" for the free look and use the hat as a mouse. So far have not attempted it.

I have reversed the throttle so that it is pulled TOWARD me as it increases. That allows easier access to the buttons. The other adjustment is that I have put a booster on the stick so that my hand it higher riding up the stick.

I have large hands, but this stick was built for SHAQ!

Hope that helps....

• 1 month later...
  • Registered Users

Hello rmack1 how are you?

On 1/16/2020 at 0:17 PM, rmack1 said:

It's been a few years, but I thought I remembered how to program Saitek joysticks (and throttles) in this game.

Long story short; everything programs but the pinky switch.  I used that as my secondary weapon in wwiionline planes back in the day.  bombs when in bombers, and cannons when in fighters that had them.  It won't register like the other stick buttons when I go through the exact procedures.

I have a Saitek X52 Pro and use it with WWII Online. I'm not sure what the differences are between the X52 and the X52 pro version.

Looking at my setup, hardware under testing from the Devices and printers page, the Pinkiy button maps to Button 6. However, it appears if you have the Saitek programing software installed the software traps the pinky button for internal use. For my setup the pinky button selects an alternate control setup, programmed from within the software.

Hope this clarifies things.

Cheers.