• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xMGDx

Can Supplies be resulted during battle?

9 posts in this topic

Is it possible for a player to bring more supplies  especially infantry things, from one town to another.  I’d make the 1hr drive if it helped my team.

I noticed people die, drop rifles (example...sniper rifles, Thompson’s, etc.).  I would happily bring a truck with supplies if it’s possiable from our captured supplied towns.  

is this possiable?

thanks

xMGDx 

You can ... but you have to actually truck infantry units. So you are not trucking abstract supplies. You are actually driving other logged in players and then they despawn and RTB to the new toqn.

That is when dealing with garrison's . Brigades are the same as they used to be and you can resupply them any way from other brigades . 

*** Brigades are the same as they used to be and you can resupply them any way from other brigades . 

For TOE flags, daughter flags can be supplied from HQ;  the HQ can't be resupplied.  Unless something changed with how TOE supply works.

Thanks for the explanations. I understand the inf going for a ride, but good luck finding 10 to 20 that just wanna go for a ride like me.  Lol. To bad I can’t bring crates of new supplies.  That would be neat.

but thank you

18 hours ago, xMGDx said:

Thanks for the explanations. I understand the inf going for a ride, but good luck finding 10 to 20 that just wanna go for a ride like me.  Lol. To bad I can’t bring crates of new supplies.  That would be neat.

but thank you

You can set a MS from a rear town to a town under attack that needs additional supply - guys spawn in and fight as per any normal MS. Helps when zooks/smgs are all used up in the garrison supply

21 hours ago, xMGDx said:

but thank you

You can deploy an ammo box from a truck. Then infantry and vehicles can reload from it. Is that what you mean? 

On 1/21/2020 at 9:41 PM, xMGDx said:

but thank you

There are critical infantry units that some people WILL resupply with.  Ahead of a battle, you can overstock, drive people forward and get MORE units in then the maximum normally is.

The other more typical option is to drive a truck from a side or backline town and set up an FMS.  Then people spawn from that town right into the battle.  If they despawn the supply eventually goes back to the town you 'borrowed' it from, it does not allow overstocking.  That's the more typical way to get critical inf forward.  It's often worth doing not only for 'rescue' purposes but also to outflank attacks and prevent/punish camping.

Have to be judicious about that, a savvy enemy will recognize what you are doing and effectively camp TWO town supplies at once.

Tanks and guns and planes and boats can be overstocked too, but they have to be driven forward one at a time.

Oh, one other thought.  I'm sure you see the animation where an infantry dies and drops the weapon.  That's more of an 'dying graphics effect' and not an individual weapon to be picked up, recovered and reused-if that is what you are talking about.

Think of everything players can spawn and move as vehicles, including people.  You don't 'jump into a truck/tank/plane' then exit it or loot weapons on the ground, you ARE the vehicle.  It's a different metaphor then most FPS, may be to your taste, may not, but that's the way this game is.

If you are asking about this, I'm sure you've grasped that attrition is a thing and matters very much in a battle and in larger consequences.  For instance, strategic bombing can delay when resupply occurs.

That's another important thing about resupply, there IS an automatic resupply representing replacement troops and equipment coming from that side's factories, but it's measured in many many hours, so there are opportunities to take advantage of an attrited town or brigade.  Manual resupply may make the difference in that situation, either attacking or defending.

Please ask any other questions, a lot of this is fairly deep and not intuitive to players brought up in speed death arena play.

Edited by Kilemall
1 person likes this

Thank you, I believe I have a good understanding of all resuply situations.

much appreciate it!

xMGDx

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0