blakeh

cut off towns

16 posts in this topic

A question about cut off towns.

When a town is cut off, is there any value to loading up a truck with say 10 SMGs and driving them to a non cut off town to add to their supply?  Would it add to supply for a short time or have no effect?

Currently we just write towns off that are cutoff but if there was a way to transfer supply to another town it would be helpful.

1 person likes this

I like that idea , instead of loosing, one can do like a breakout and drive Troops and Equipment  back to friendly towns.

It would give a meaning to the cut off towns that the one side has to attack and destroy the Units completely. 

I have heard of people saying we can oversupply a town, so would that apply here?   

you can over-supply a town, but only towns that are linked. 

Might be a good idea for cuts with 2 or more towns (consolidate key supply) to the town you want to use to break the cut.  Just my thoughts

I have seen cutoff towns with multiple divisions worth of supply not get used because usually the underlying cause is bad moral and players didnt want to push out proper from the cut...instances were players must move supply up to then use i dont think it would work unless game mechanics change that keep cutoff towns on map longer and maybe give slight advantages to cutoff towns in regrads to cap timers or higher thresholds on fb damages?

*** When a town is cut off, is there any value to loading up a truck with say 10 SMGs and driving them to a non cut off town to add to their supply?

Yes there is value, you would either overstock the town you drove to, or if it was low, would resupply it.

The disadvantage would be the 11 people out of commission for 10 to 20 minutes driving between towns.

6 hours ago, aef said:

I have seen cutoff towns with multiple divisions worth of supply not get used because usually the underlying cause is bad moral and players didnt want to push out proper from the cut...instances were players must move supply up to then use i dont think it would work unless game mechanics change that keep cutoff towns on map longer and maybe give slight advantages to cutoff towns in regrads to cap timers or higher thresholds on fb damages?

We could just get rid of the surrender all together. That way it doesn't seem hopeless if a few units get cut off.

6 hours ago, aef said:

Edited by dre21

*** We could just get rid of the surrender all together.

eh no, best change ever introduced to game imo, pocket surrender.

Could possibly delay the time a bit.

3 people like this

Well, you could get rid of the surrender, but there'd be no resup. Then, after a good while, the numbers would start to decline little by little, some trying to make it back to friendly territory, some losing it, stamina decreasing all the while, some eventually starving. Less there's sheep around of course.

We'd pay to look at the reality of how these events pan out before introducing any theoretical change. The pragmatic mindset trumps the idealogically-driven one.

What actually happens when a town is cut off, how do the players respond, what would be the unintended consequences of making the cut off town a more viable fighting force? Would any changes be utilised by the playerbase?

Make the outflow of supply automatic from the cut towns into adjacent towns via a trickle, but allow this to be shut down by also capturing the FB to the cut town. 

I think the definition of a cut off town is it does not have a link to any other town, so could not have an FB to capture.

From what i am understanding, you cannot currently oversupply a town from a cutoff town because there is no direct link.  So at this point we cannot oversupply (evacuate) from a cut-off town.   As to whether it is worthwhile to build this into the game at a later date, that is certainly debatable.  Likely no one would run supply out anyway due to lack of players available to do so.  But in a large player base situation I think it would be a good addition, so up to 50% could be moved.

*** because there is no direct link

Links have no bearing on garrison or TOE flag manual supply efforts.

Edited by delems

2 hours ago, delems said:

*** because there is no direct link

Links have no bearing on garrison or TOE flag supply efforts.

For TO&E Flags the Div HQ->Child brigade link is the only way resupply works.  That has never changed.

Nope, links have nothing to do with it.

Put the HQ in Oostende and the daughter flag in Tern; drive from HQ to Tern - resupplies just fine.

Spawn a rifle in whitstable (garrison), and sail or fly him to Antwerp and he will resupply the garrison (presuming both brit).

And I know cause I resupply units now and then.  So first hand experience.

Manual resupply has nothing to do with links.

Edited by delems

Resupply is totally different to link supply . Manual resupply has no bearing on links. If you drive onto a town that is cutoff , you are resupplying and that is acceptable. There is no supply coming from cp's though from other towns as there is no link and when supply dies out , there is no timer for supply coming back in .Same with Brigades that are not linked  .