• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
tyrdaimp

Remove Garrisons

79 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, XOOM said:

I'd like to add that not long ago we conducted an intermission where Garrisons had very little to any supply in it, and automatic weapons were removed and it was strictly Rifleman and some basic equipment to help conduct operations, like ATG's, AA's, Trucks etc. The total amount of supply was about 1/3 of the brigade supply. The result was a very frustrated community.

I can't talk for them but it was probably the best intermission I played in yearzz.

I love the garrison. Before the op side would make a hole and run through a whole bunch of empty towns while the underpopped side, often with no HC on would just logged out. Nothing really to fight for, could not attack, could not defend. 

Now i I can say, even though we have been underpop, there are times when we do stop or slow down momentum. Losing towns is no big deal, losing towns without the actual ability to put up some kind of defense really sucked the fun out. I see more allied players on in low pop. Instead of 2-3 we usually have 8 or so.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, stankyus said:

I love the garrison..

Yup, agreed 100%. A great move (back).

Just a thought on supply levels of Garrisons.

Town A is lost.  Town A is retaken. Supply level goes to whatever it was when it fell plus whatever the resup timer would have given it had it not fallen.

ie Supply levels are maintained for Allied and Axis for every town.