• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
dfire

FB's for Zeelands

18 posts in this topic

One way to revive navy a bit and create more action up north would be to make FB's between towns.

One of the biggest reason there is no action up north is because of how time consuming and tedious it is to get trucks places via super slow freighter. Paras aren't much better because of the amount of time it takes to get back to the fight after you die. When axis had veere this map, it was constantly ao'd because it wasn't a huge PITA to get to for the other team. Make the low traffic areas of the map come to life and add some more dynamic to the game.

I feel bad for towns like stellendam and ouddorp that next to never get any action! I don't even remember what the layout of those towns is like because its been so long. Before the realism junkies step in, how is it any different when, for example, you spawn at givet fb to attack flavion when givet ab is on the other side of the river and the bridge is down? Add fbs to north! 

Edited by dfire

I was thinking about this just the other night.

Really need to have some action up north.

One way or another.

2 people like this

I totally agree with this.

FBs needed to get added to the Zeelands, it is very boring, without FBs, like you said Paras, and Slow Freighters.

Just my thought:
If CRS ever added FBs to the Zeelands, then there should limited supply of armour, just for armour fun in the Zees.
Just my thought.

But I agree with you also on Stellendam and Ouddorp, on having no action, because it is a constant/slow fight to actually get up to more of the Zees, talking near Stellen, Helle, Rotterdam, etc.

S! 

2 people like this

Zeelands are a sideshow. Pure infantry is nice , that’s the attraction. Fbs would open them up tho. Maybe all coastal towns should be open for attack, no link needed. Scary thought.

Given Th German start position in the zees , fbs from every town would be a disaster methinks, the Axis would be in behind Antwerp all the time.

3 people like this

The Zealand Islands are a sacred place for predominately Naval Players. Non-Naval Players have literally the entire game world at their disposal... I am not convinced this is a good idea. I'd like to hear from @delems, @eyeshank, @OHM and other die-hard naval guys. 

1 person likes this

Teleporting armies aren't enough, people want FBs, too?

Yeah, no.

Better invasion mechanics would be superior. Like AKs as MSPs (very limited armor). No spawnables, either, frankly (without shipping around, that's nothing short of teleporters).

Yeah, an invasion across the channel to Britain would be very, very hard. It should be nearly impossible (and even that is EZ mode compared to RL).

51 minutes ago, XOOM said:

The Zealand Islands are a sacred place for predominately Naval Players. Non-Naval Players have literally the entire game world at their disposal... I am not convinced this is a good idea. I'd like to hear from @delems, @eyeshank, @OHM and other die-hard naval guys. 

Then why reduce navy to only rifles?

1 person likes this

might as well get rid of troop transports.....heck the whole navy  because.....what will there be left  for them to do  apart from ..silly stuff shelling boz  or knock....or Brit a  factory until somebody notices  ews.

Navy is 95% dead anyways

And none of the new towns added to the north have even seen action during a campaign

Edited by dfiire

40 minutes ago, tater said:

Yeah, an invasion across the channel to Britain would be very, very hard. It should be nearly impossible (and even that is EZ mode compared to RL).

Zeelands only I meant, not fbs across the English channel.

Move the campaign start lines further north west of Antwerp. Might get some fighting into Rotterdam then. Otherwise never going to happen.

2 people like this

And we told the Rats that there is no reason to go that far north but they expanded it anyway..

Make the freighters a spawn place , with Trucks to spawn from so one can set FMS ,

Let's say each Freighter carries 500 troops can be more or less , divide that into fractions of each unit .

Give each Navy town only light Armor Vickers , 232 and r35s and light ATG and AAA.

Also only light Armor can spawn from freighters. 

That way we will enjoy INF fights with only light Armor around and it be an all out INF battle with only light Armor support.

Freighter as a FMS is in my eyes a better option then loading up a freighter and trying to unload ( as nostalgic as it is ,it's no fun spending an hour at a port and Bomber shows up and ruins it.)

For the Zees the Idea of a limited Para FMS would come in handy too . By limited I mean the ML can set a FMS and only the ones that did the initial jump get 1 maybe 2 if we want to push it respawns at that FMS . After all the respawns are exhausted the FMS dissappears and a new ML has to set one via a fresh drop. Para ML gets killed no FMS and only what you have on the initial jump get to fight with no respawn.

The respawn is more or less a simulation of more men jumped of the plane without having to gather all at the AF again and burn another 10 to 20 min of game time of assemble and flight.

In my eyes these ideas would spurn on more fights in the north and around the islands.

Edited by dre21
1 person likes this

4 hours ago, dre21 said:

Make the freighters a spawn place , with Trucks to spawn from so one can set FMS ,

Let's say each Freighter carries 500 troops can be more or less , divide that into fractions of each unit .

Give each Navy town only light Armor Vickers , 232 and r35s and light ATG and AAA.

Also only light Armor can spawn from freighters. 

That way we will enjoy INF fights with only light Armor around and it be an all out INF battle with only light Armor support.

Freighter as a FMS is in my eyes a better option then loading up a freighter and trying to unload ( as nostalgic as it is ,it's no fun spending an hour at a port and Bomber shows up and ruins it.)

For the Zees the Idea of a limited Para FMS would come in handy too . By limited I mean the ML can set a FMS and only the ones that did the initial jump get 1 maybe 2 if we want to push it respawns at that FMS . After all the respawns are exhausted the FMS dissappears and a new ML has to set one via a fresh drop. Para ML gets killed no FMS and only what you have on the initial jump get to fight with no respawn.

The respawn is more or less a simulation of more men jumped of the plane without having to gather all at the AF again and burn another 10 to 20 min of game time of assemble and flight.

In my eyes these ideas would spurn on more fights in the north and around the islands.

Decent idea

Transport MSP cool. What I'd do is give HC 20 missions apiece, and make HC missions persistent, and leadership on those missions always reverts to HC. Which means any FMS on those missions becomes persistent until deleted or until the HC pulls the mission. Then I'd make PPOs in the area of said FMS' persistent, until deleted or mission is pulled. Then I'd dev lots more PPOs like the trenches and other stuff Scotsman is working on. Then I'd expand the types of FMS', like atg FMS and allow more than one per mission. Then HC and players could go to town setting defensive positions on their islands and everywhere else on the map, and invading the islands, taking and holding chunks of territory, and moving on the towns.

Then I'd do a lot more, one step at a time, like secondary road network, then detach flags from towns and have them be a FB like FMS that is anchored at HQ, and then they could thrust into nme territory along the secondary roads and encircle the towns while setting FMS' along the way. But who knows what defenses they'll find in their path!

Anyways, I think a measure of persistence would make things like island invasions more worth while. Would be nice to be able to establish a beach head from which you could move on the towns, and hunker for a while in between attacks and resup. Would also be great to face well crafted positions already in the field as you go. And if they are player placed then they'd always vary, and variety is the spice of life.

Make a max range on all MSPs of some short number of km from the spawn point of the unit placing the MSP (under 10km, might have to be ~5km, ideally this would sort of make on-sides MSPs a thing). MSPs across water cease to be a thing, except:

Make the AKs a spawn point with a very small spawn list (regular army), and a regular MSP list for "naval infantry."

Naval infantry includes a new unit, the engineer. The naval infantry variant has a beachhead PPO, which is basically an FMS. This FMS doesn't use the range limit.

Was thinking you could leverage the waypoint tech for placement, rather than target town. Naval FMS placed within certain distance of waypoint1, 2, or 3, Juno, Omaha, and Sword.