• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
IloveGod12

Unfair advantage

44 posts in this topic

yes , when flying , the Vets will destroy you constantly and you will think they are all cheating .. they aren't , they just know how to use the equipment .

Main reason you don't see me in the air and I have been flying in gaqme for over 15 years.

I just suck  ;-) 

2 hours ago, tr6al said:

yes , when flying , the Vets will destroy you constantly and you will think they are all cheating .. they aren't , they just know how to use the equipment .

Main reason you don't see me in the air and I have been flying in gaqme for over 15 years.

I just suck  ;-) 

That's where intermission and area 51 is great , all 3 branches have  air fields on that island , finding action is instant and even a novice can score a kill .

I tend to fly Jabos or the Stuka, I bomb way better then dog fight . Even when I dive on the enemy it always seems I get to them and at that time they turn . Or if I do get on their 6 my pilot tends to black out. 

It's rewarding when u land and score a kill but very frustrating when you shoot up a plane and go home and all u see is dmg or u get plinged once and you read killed by , but nothing is smoking or leaking and pilot is also save and sound. 

FYI get good with a rifle because when supply is shot and your town is down to rifles, you need to still be effective. There are a lot of players in this game that can only reliably hit things with an smg, so when their town is down to rifle-type weapons, they either lose their effectiveness or don't even show up to defend.

I still like to play rifleman sometimes even when we have smgs because it leaves more smgs for the players who struggle with a rifle and also is good practice since you are pretty much dead if you don't hit your first shot when you find yourself in a close range engagement with an enemy smg (unless you can quickly take cover, which isn't always possible). Finally, if you get killed with a rifle it's not a big deal since there are so many of them in supply compared to smgs.

If you get good with a bolt-action rifle, you will be good with any infantry weapon (in my opinion).

Edited by dfire
4 people like this

17 minutes ago, dfire said:

FYI get good with a rifle because when supply is shot and your town is down to rifles, you need to still be effective. There are a lot of players in this game that can only reliably hit things with an smg, so when their town is down to rifle-type weapons, they either lose their effectiveness or don't even show up to defend.

I still like to play rifleman sometimes even when we have smgs because it leaves more smgs for the players who struggle with a rifle and also is good practice since you are pretty much dead if you don't hit your first shot when you find yourself in a close range engagement with an enemy smg (unless you can quickly take cover, which isn't always possible). Finally, if you get killed with a rifle it's not a big deal since there are so many of them in supply compared to smgs.

If you get good with a bolt-action rifle, you will be good with any infantry weapon (in my opinion).

I almost always play rifleman.  It has a lot of flexibility with long range fights, resupply pack, nice selection of grenades and that HE charge that can do part of AI/FMS/building takedowns.  As Dfire noted a lot of players just cannot hang in the fight without MGs, playing rifle saves a few that can go to people that need them or can do awesome damage.

Of course, if people actually spawned and played a rifle squad/SMG-MG team and supported the heavy hitters with scouting and line fire/resupply, everyone's firepower success would go up.

20 hours ago, dfire said:

Play axis a campaign and youll see it's not all sunshine and rainbows. I thought allied was sunshine and rainbows since I never played that side, but I changed my mind not long after. Both sides have things that suck and things that are good

it was only sunshine and rainbows because i was on ur side :P

On 2/10/2020 at 5:45 PM, matamor said:

First, no need to yell at me and at anyone here. Your little 372 kills in career doesn't give you 1/100 of these rights.

Both sides with numbers and both sides have their challenges. Allied won last 2 including the epic 169 win which I actively taken and proudly of. 

wow powerful sentence

On 2/10/2020 at 9:12 PM, kazee said:

welcome to game ilovegod

please note, we all went through the same learning experience, and even the most experienced vets die everyday many times to different equipment, it's just part of the game

My only advice would be... have the mindset that every piece of equipment in game will die to another. Its really not about the equipment but how you play with what you spawned in. Just try to realize that everything is a threat, eliminate the biggest threat first and move on. Even a rifleman is a threat the the best tanks because he will alert everyone of your presence

If you last more than 15 mins on one mission you are doing pretty good :) 

Thanks for the advice :)

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, dfire said:

Dont listen to dfire this is how he plays ww2ol

FlippantAdeptHatchetfish-size_restricted

1 person likes this

I want to thank everyone for the advice and I will do my best to improve off of it. See you all on the Battlefield.

3 minutes ago, aef said:

Dont listen to dfire this is how he plays ww2ol

FlippantAdeptHatchetfish-size_restricted

That's funny!!!!!

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, ilovegod12 said:

I want to thank everyone for the advice 

Ryman has some advice at 10 minutes lol

I wish more people would play the opposite side every once in a while.  What looks like an uber ride from one side often has its own struggles from the other side.  Now, I'm not saying that there's not issues. I have my pet issues that I [censored] and moan about(lack of .50cal API for air). Playing the other side will really help you gain perspective and learn strengths and weaknesses of the different equipment sets.

2 people like this

Welcome to the game, your passion is obvious.

Ive played since 2001. Im not unique.

Many Vets have been patrolling the forums here for info, tips and knowledge for a long time, reading the same issues that have been cropping up since day 1.

Fact- the number of rounds that hit a target is irrelevant. "i hit him 100 times" is a common topic. However round are not cumulative. The first round does not "weaken" the armor for the 2nd round;  there is no armor fatigue modeled.

Fact- Every piece of equipment in game axis or allies is ONE shot away from catastrophic oblivion. Fuel and Ammo is modeled in every tank. These forums have "sapper" spot references that key the weak spots on each tank.  You MUST hit these spots. Position yourself so that these spots are available to aim at.

FACT- a WTF?! moment happens many more times in game than historically because of the thousands of different engagements that happen daily.

Good luck soldier!

<S>

kidd27

2 people like this

On 2/10/2020 at 4:52 PM, Kilemall said:

The spawnlist issues are another matter, but I think you have some serious misonceptions about tanks in general, and other issues with 'it's a game'.

Generally speaking you're not going to get breakdown rates like all heavy tanks 'should'.  Chars and Churchills broke down like Tigers did, because all three were pushing the limits of their chassis and reliability.  Players hate 'it just broke' outside of their control, so it's not ever going to be coded.

As to Churchill vs. Tiger, the one Churchill that is going to stand up to Tiger is the Churchill VII.  The Churchill III should be seen as sort of an 'assault TD' but it's front is not going to be proof against 88s.  Churchill VII likely won't at 300m either, but it's got the best chance of anything at range to frontally take a Tiger hit.  Churchill III will die to the Tiger so I wouldn't expect much survival advantage there.  Sherman 76 could survive at distance and at higher altitude then a firing Tiger, but the real solution to the Tiger is 17lbers on Fireflys, Achilles or ATG.

Can't compare Churchill to the earlier Char and Matty situation.  Those were heavy tanks paired up against too weak Axis guns that did not allow penetration very well.  Also, they tended to do a more overall armor scheme, most tanks since oriented their heavy armor to the front and mantlet and lighten up overall to allow faster movement.   And of course Chars and Matties die to 88 ATGs, so they were not invulnerable either.

Axis guys complain that their tanks die first shot I shot the other guy blah blah blah about 2-3x as much as Allied guys.  Part of this is modeling elements the Rats haven't fully implemented, part of it is being in a panzer doesn't make you a tank god, part of it is game that doesn't have RL infantry density so tank killing implements get unnaturally close and effective then the real world was.  That reality impinges on Churchills too.

Here is a pen calc calculator you can play with.  The Tiger gun is the kwk36 l/56 88mm, you'll eventually see that the best thing to do is angle your Churchill relative to the Tiger and either engage other targets or hope to get a lucky shot on the treads and spin it around, or that it gets stupid and gets too close while you are at an advantaged angle.

http://www.wwiiequipment.com/pencalc/

"Generally speaking you're not going to get breakdown rates like all heavy tanks 'should'.  Chars and Churchills broke down like Tigers did, because all three were pushing the limits of their chassis and reliability.  Players hate 'it just broke' outside of their control, so it's not ever going to be coded."

Your opening statement makes everything that follows a bunch of horse manure. You know it, I know it. While I can see why players that don't want to spawn equipment that just "randomly" breaks down, not taking reliability, fuel consumption, etc into consideration is a huge disservice to any attempt at historical accuracy. It is a well known fact that most of the allied tanks were not only more reliable, they were also more easily serviced. If you want to remove that from the equation, concessions need to be made in other areas (ie tigers with less frontal armor, slower rate of fire, etc). Reliability, ease of service, speed of manufacture,  etc etc are the very reason allies choose to use the equipment they did. If they could simply make any tank they wanted, and it wouldn't break down, run out of gas, etc etc, I AM QUITE SURE they would have made tanks quite a bit differently. Axis already have the advantage of not having to face Russian tanks, nor have 2/3's of their armor tied up on the Russian front. 

On 2/12/2020 at 7:38 PM, rotsechs said:

Ryman has some advice at 10 minutes lol

Lmao. @ilovegod12, you need to watch the video. Skip head to 10:00 mark. 

lol. We’ve all been there. 

10 hours ago, nc0gnet0 said:

Your opening statement makes everything that follows a bunch of horse manure. You know it, I know it. While I can see why players that don't want to spawn equipment that just "randomly" breaks down, not taking reliability, fuel consumption, etc into consideration is a huge disservice to any attempt at historical accuracy. It is a well known fact that most of the allied tanks were not only more reliable, they were also more easily serviced. If you want to remove that from the equation, concessions need to be made in other areas (ie tigers with less frontal armor, slower rate of fire, etc). Reliability, ease of service, speed of manufacture,  etc etc are the very reason allies choose to use the equipment they did. If they could simply make any tank they wanted, and it wouldn't break down, run out of gas, etc etc, I AM QUITE SURE they would have made tanks quite a bit differently. Axis already have the advantage of not having to face Russian tanks, nor have 2/3's of their armor tied up on the Russian front. 

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.  If heavy tank breakdown was a thing, then it would affect the allied heavies as well as the Tigers.  Yes Shermans and Stuarts were easier to maintain, but Matties certainly weren't and I don't recall great turnaround rates with Crusaders or Churchills.  Still doesn't change the fact that players don't like randomized breakdowns and it just won't go in.

And no, concessions DON'T need to be made.  I'd say they already are in matters like ammo selection, allied green coloration for vegetation vs. Axis grey and desert color to help with Axis optical superiority, etc.

And you darn well should know that this is a GAME not a recreationist sim, and so no the French don't get autorolled or Allies have no Spits on the mainland and no French bofors first tier or something like 3:1 operational aircraft or Axis facing 10:1 Allied replacement rates after D-day.

NEVER HAPPENING EVER.  Argue the game, argue shooting for a feel while making it a game, but a real real sim would be the death of WWIIOL.  Cut it out.

NcO must have never ran into the engine bug ,  where the engine gets stuck in the start up loop but never cranks over. 

In a Tank with a turret less dramatic if in a favorable position cause one can still be somewhat effective,  besides that one attracts unwanted sapper attention. 

Now in a Stug it was a lost piece of equipment if one was to far out. 

Luckily I think CRS found the cause and Fixed it.

On 2/15/2020 at 4:14 PM, hillstorm said:

Lmao. @ilovegod12, you need to watch the video. Skip head to 10:00 mark. 

lol. We’ve all been there. 

I watched it, I admit probably not the smartest thing Ive done but I did get some good kills during the sortie and the one before.

Had 16 years of play before a 4 year break...back again come Saturday(stuff coming) Flew Warbirds from 95 to 2000. Beta WW2OL from 2000 to 6 6 2001...(the game is not ready mantra). Had a name change so beginning again, but whatever happens in this sim...it is the best out there. Longevity has its merits. Just enjoy killing your friends, and enjoy its flaws and all.

Hard

Edited by hrdcse