Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tr6al

What happens when you put in a .bug

12 posts in this topic

For those of you that put in .bugs while in game , the majority of you "thank you" We really do appreciate it .

There are a few of you on the other hand that don't seem to know what the .bug is used for , or are abusing it.

First off they are for game bugs , not "he killed me and its not fair" or " fix this xxxx issue or I'll quit" etc .

When you type .bug at the chat screen it gets sent through email to a couple of us "volunteers " that read them daily and then if it looks legit , we follow through by testing out the problem .

We are NOT the programmers! 

If it is terrain for example , we will go and look and verify  If it is a problem and is obvious, a ticket will get written up and go into the CRS ticket system , pointed to the person that at some point will look at it .

If it needs further investigation , members of QA will take the ticket and test it further trying to figure out a way to duplicate the issue so a programmer can fix something definative.

Something like " xxx is invisible and killed me " will not even get looked at as it is too vague. If something like (I got killed by ei hidden behind a berm in Wavre east side ) is a different matter.

 We at QA don't fix the problems , we put them into tickets . Others who see the ticket only see one ticket with that specific problem.

Repeating the same problem (in your eyes) over and over again day after day , will just get ignored , as they have been looked at already and we don't count up how many reports we get for each issue or mark down on the ticket how many times it has been reported.

I am writing this so you can have some knowledge in using .bug and can help us help you .

 Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this explanation. It is helpful. 
 

2 hours ago, tr6al said:

Repeating the same problem (in your eyes) over and over again day after day , will just get ignored , as they have been looked at already and we don't count up how many reports we get for each issue or mark down on the ticket how many times it has been reported.

That’s too bad. Not sure what else to do with a persistent problem that doesn’t seem to have a solution in progress. 

For months, maybe a year (first noticed it after the changes to the LMG, whenever that was) I have repeatedly had instances where my weapon won’t fire. Regardless of the (infantry) weapon - rifle, smg, pistol ... when it happens , the only solution I’ve found is to switch to a different weapon and then switch back. But I’m usually dead by then. 

I don’t know what else to do other than continue to report it when it happens in the hope that the scenario can be analyzed and a fix can be made. It’s come up in the forums, but no one seems to know what causes this and I believe the last I saw is that CRS can’t recreate the issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hillstorm , you don't repeat the same message on .bug daily  .. Lol

I too have had weapon misfire on occasion but not recently or even before that very often. Seems to be a network lag issue from what we can tell ,that is getting worked on, but other than that we can't see anything definite that could cause it . The move to Portland we hoped would help alleviate some issues.

 My connection is good and I am very close to Portland so I don't see some issues that others do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, tr6al said:

Hillstorm , you don't repeat the same message on .bug daily  .. Lol

Lol, okay that's true. I've only done it a handful of times, and each time only right after it's happened. Just want to make sure future reports won't be ignored, because it's still happening and it's terribly frustrating when it happens. 

37 minutes ago, tr6al said:

I too have had weapon misfire on occasion but not recently or even before that very often. Seems to be a network lag issue from what we can tell ,that is getting worked on, but other than that we can't see anything definite that could cause it . The move to Portland we hoped would help alleviate some issues.

 My connection is good and I am very close to Portland so I don't see some issues that others do.

Gotcha. Well this started for me long before the move to Portland, when I generally seemed to have a great connection (very good ping rates) .. I was geographically close (I'm in Texas). It's also weird to me that switching weapons back and forth "fixes" the issue when it happens. But I'm glad to hear it's under investigation and being worked on. Thx .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tr6al said:

For those of you that put in .bugs while in game , the majority of you "thank you" We really do appreciate it .

There are a few of you on the other hand that don't seem to know what the .bug is used for , or are abusing it.

First off they are for game bugs , not "he killed me and its not fair" or " fix this xxxx issue or I'll quit" etc .

When you type .bug at the chat screen it gets sent through email to a couple of us "volunteers " that read them daily and then if it looks legit , we follow through by testing out the problem .

We are NOT the programmers! 

If it is terrain for example , we will go and look and verify  If it is a problem and is obvious, a ticket will get written up and go into the CRS ticket system , pointed to the person that at some point will look at it .

If it needs further investigation , members of QA will take the ticket and test it further trying to figure out a way to duplicate the issue so a programmer can fix something definative.

Something like " xxx is invisible and killed me " will not even get looked at as it is too vague. If something like (I got killed by ei hidden behind a berm in Wavre east side ) is a different matter.

 We at QA don't fix the problems , we put them into tickets . Others who see the ticket only see one ticket with that specific problem.

Repeating the same problem (in your eyes) over and over again day after day , will just get ignored , as they have been looked at already and we don't count up how many reports we get for each issue or mark down on the ticket how many times it has been reported.

I am writing this so you can have some knowledge in using .bug and can help us help you .

 Thanks

Sgthenning must fill your box with his constant yelling that everyone is cheating/hacking lol....i can only imagine thr sheer amount of reports and content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giving the lat and longitude for like AI that and Engineer can't rebuild helps too. Just going AI in so and so town doesn't work is vague if one can give coordinates it help the team too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dot bug gives the lat/lon of the reporter so if you stand by or on the object it gives us exact position.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It also says what town and what side you are on .

Believe it or not Hillstrom , Sgthenning doesn't put .bugs in very often ..lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tr6al said:

Believe it or not Hillstrom , Sgthenning doesn't put .bugs in very often ..lol

 

Lol. Just to keep the record straight, that wasn’t my accusation. That came from aef ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tr6al said:

It also says what town and what side you are on .

Believe it or not Hillstrom , Sgthenning doesn't put .bugs in very often ..lol

 

That was me and it’s probably.reports is what i meant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OLDZEKE said:

Dot bug gives the lat/lon of the reporter so if you stand by or on the object it gives us exact position.

 

Well that is good to know , I can save myself time typing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.report goes directly to a person to deal with as soon as possible while .bugs get sent out via email once a day at midnight.

Sorry Aef  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.