• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
downtown

Who Has?

10 posts in this topic

Who has Norton Antivirus, do you have any problems with WWIIOL?

Do you have Windows 10?

Have you disabled Cortana, did it improve game performance?

Can you disable your Antivirus and Fire-Wall and Play WWIIOL safely?

I disabled every program before, Cortana would not stay shut off, it would turn itself back on, but I find it very difficult to believe that Cortana (which I've never used) would cause an issue, as well as Norton or my Fire-Wall.  I have looked and I can't find any port specific setting for WWIIOL in the forums for some passthrough.

I keep doing what they say, it doesn't change anything.

WStriker recommended AVG Tuneup which I purchased and ran (which shuts down background programs and cleans up your PC, tunes it up for better performance, etc..) still plagued by a nearly unplayable game.

I normally disable my anti virus programs,  but have Origin, Discord, Steam, and firefox open in the back ground when playing 

1 hour ago, tyrdaimp said:

I normally disable my anti virus programs,  but have Origin, Discord, Steam, and firefox open in the back ground when playing 

What is your antivirus program and how do you disable it?  There are usually ways in the Anti-Virus Programs to allow certain programs to port through unhindered, I looked for a thread to that affect yesterday and didn't see anything about enabling or disabling ports/IP address for anti-virus programs to allow WWIIOL unfettered access, I have concerns about running without my Anti-Virus Program Enabled.

With your antivirus program disabled, do you have any gameplay issues?  Do you notice improved performance?

The issues I experience are..

I frequently have characters render after they've killed me (or shot at me) render on Deathcam a few feet away right where I was looking.

Enemy characters lagging/warping.

Ignore being shot, watch my rounds pass through them or see evidence that I've hit but there is no apparent effect on my adversary, of they die while my death cam spirals.)  I've put two or three magazines of SMG or LMG ammo into an Adversary at close range 10m to 1m and had them turn and kill me.

See barrels of weapons protruding through building walls, the opposing player is not visible, no head, no hands, etc.  the weapon fires I am dead, I'm aiming where they are waiting for them to expose themselves so I can shoot them but they shoot me instead. (I have tried shooting the area where a head or hands may be this has no effect)

I will be completely behind a berm or shrub against the ground with my view 100% obstructed to an enemy who will fire and kill me (I.E. I'm 300m to the flank of a tank and I lie on the ground to mark the tank, it rotates it's turret and fires it's MG directly at the shrub or berm I am behind and kills me.  I know that on my end I can be inside a shrub believing I'm obscured but on another persons Front End I will be completely visible so I try to put the shrub between them and myself, view should be 100% obscured.)

The circles of enemy aircraft do not appear, I will be looking behind me for enemy aircraft, the tracers appear, the enemy aircraft renders, then the red circle, by then I'm dead.

Killed at spawn in.

Killed with no indication of how.

Usually I have one copy of WWIIOL running with TrackIR, sometimes without TrackIR, and sometimes two or three copies of WWIIOL running with Track IR.   I see no difference in performance regardless of the circumstance.  (I will spawn three engineers and try to build up defenses around a FB or town or try to set up an ambush along the most like path to a town)

Since the move my ping is usually between 74 and 80ms (sometimes as high as 88ms) framerate around 240fps, I have done numerous Route Traces, Etc and show no packet loss.

The only thing I've disabled on my rig is the xbox recorder. I did that long ago as it conflicted with nvidia shadowplay recorder.

I usually have browsers open in the background, Microsoft teams, Slack, Discord, and sometimes steam open and all receiving notifications.

I use Malwarebytes as AV along with windows defender and never disable either. 

I have win 10. Don't use Norton. Never enabled cortana best as I know.

8 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

I have win 10. Don't use Norton. Never enabled cortana best as I know.

I never enabled Cortana or used it, it's just there with windows 10, a while back in an effort to cure what seems to ail me with gameplay issues I turned off everything I could, I couldn't turn Cortana off, it kept turning itself back on.  Still with everything off, I experience the same issues, I see other people describe the same issues I have experienced, but I seem be absolutely plagued by them to the point where gameplay is nearly crippled.  I have been told repeatedly "It is a problem with my computer" and I have done everything I know of and can think of and has been suggested to diagnose the issue.  That being said, I currently usually run WWIIOL most often, My Main Account, and Track IR, frequently my Towning Account, with my Anti-virus and Firewall in the Background.

I am looking for some commonality, do other people running windows 10, norton 360 and TrackIR with WWIIOL experience any of the issues I listed above and to what severity?

52 minutes ago, downtown said:

I never enabled Cortana or used it, it's just there with windows 10, a while back in an effort to cure what seems to ail me with gameplay issues I turned off everything I could, I couldn't turn Cortana off, it kept turning itself back on.  Still with everything off, I experience the same issues, I see other people describe the same issues I have experienced, but I seem be absolutely plagued by them to the point where gameplay is nearly crippled.  I have been told repeatedly "It is a problem with my computer" and I have done everything I know of and can think of and has been suggested to diagnose the issue.  That being said, I currently usually run WWIIOL most often, My Main Account, and Track IR, frequently my Towning Account, with my Anti-virus and Firewall in the Background.

I am looking for some commonality, do other people running windows 10, norton 360 and TrackIR with WWIIOL experience any of the issues I listed above and to what severity?

what are your system specs?  I play on an Windows 10 machine   I5 processor with 16gb of ram.   Unfortunately Cortana can not be fully turned off because windows is annoying like that.  I used Norton until about a year ago, but didn't notice any significant change in game play when I switched to AVG.  

Do you notice any difference when only playing with 1 account vs the 2?  

Can you take a video of a few minutes of your game play, then post it/share it with us so we can see what you do?  What you describe is A-typical game behavior, allowing us to see what you do could go a long way in identifying whats wrong.

XpphW4E.png

BwNMKYs.png

Hard wired network connection, Cat 6, between 74ms to 90ms Ping, numerous Trace Routes/Route Traces No Packets Lost.