• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
downtown

Pirates!

10 posts in this topic

We get two equal number teams, each team loads up a freighter with infantry, the two freighters meet somewhere on the open ocean, "BOARDERS!" cross over to the other freighter, Knives only?"

Team with the last survivor(s) wins?

1 person likes this

Wonder what would happen if you loaded a lifeboat with inf and tried to put it onto an enemy freighter

I believe I can get the freighters right up next to each other and they'll be able to run across.

I'm thinking we'll need a moderator.

No guns, no grenades.

Smoke Grenades allowed.

Teams must be of equal strength.

you could load up trucks with inf  and swing them over  to the other ship to simulate boarding 

BUT

iirc....you die,  as the ship is moving  (it's moves even when the engine is off  to simulate tide)  its like touching a Enemy tank while its moving ....i remember trying to  do paratroop drops a few years back and as soon as you landed you died.  

it was a few years ago .so,  you need  test before arranging anything

Edited by themouse

CRS would have to block everything but knives, you know one player would smuggle himself on the boat with an SMG or worse an LMG and ruin it for the rest .

While we are by knives,  let's make the shovel a melee weapon . I would rather use that then the knife, I usually end up with the short end even when I sneak up to one and want to use the knife and stab him 1st .

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

CRS would have to block everything but knives, you know one player would smuggle himself on the boat with an SMG or worse an LMG and ruin it for the rest .

While we are by knives,  let's make the shovel a melee weapon . I would rather use that then the knife, I usually end up with the short end even when I sneak up to one and want to use the knife and stab him 1st .

The obvious solution is to create a pirate spawn, with just melee weapons and eyepatches.

Historically speaking the Zeelands had pirates, the ship type yacht was originally meant to be a pirate hunter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yacht

1 person likes this

If we had a moderator, if someone on one team used a grenade or firearm, the moderator would simply despawn as many from the team that used the forbidden weapon = to the casualties they caused +1 thereby penalizing the team that used the forbidden type.   I'm guessing each team would have a leader, make sure everyone spawns a similar type and uses all the forbidden ammo before the two freighters meet.  If everyone is using a sapper or mortarman they don't have much ammo and can use it all up quite quickly.  The Freighters are SLOW you'll have time to use it up before they get close.

You could designate some Marines (who had rifles, like Revolutionary War) and the rest of the rifles have to empty their weapons and frags by firing away prior to boarding the freighter.  Each side declares their marines to the other side so if someone gets shots by SneakyDood1 and he's NOT on the Marine list -- he's a cheater.

In regard to being completely stopped prior to boarding - no need.  Your freighter can maintain connection with a winched object while the freighter is moving at a MAX speed of 9kts.  As soon as you hit 10kts, the connection is broken.

Strange idea but it could be fun but I suck at close-quarters combat so I'm a definite KIA if I attend. :)