Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

bus0

Balance or Illusion

bus0

Is it me or have the sides been pretty much even these days cause we've been having some awesome fights...

Lost some, won some, looked stupid, genius on others etc.

Gonna be a long one.

bloodybill

hey bus think were pretty well balanced this map but at the end there will be side switchers to the win side. sigh

dre21

It be an easy fix but as long as CRS is not going to act on it , nothing will change.

I even go as to say let the players that are new to game or are below a certain rank be able to side switch , but most of us are Vets and we can honor a system that would promote *Pick a Side at the beginning of the campaign * and be dedicated to it. 

And for the players that do play Underpop only have that option too. Only that once that side that is underpop goes OP the player gets a message to feel free to switch without penalty * also has an Icon on his player tag indicating so* so others don't get pissed when they all of a sudden die by his hand when he was a few minutes earlier on their side.

But it be up to that player,  he can also stick with the side that just went OP till he logs.  

hillstorm

I agree with you guys generally, but as I've noticed, there are some side-switchers who go over to the losing side. Whether to help, or just have more targets to shoot at ;)

I'm usually against anything that takes more choice away from the paid subscriber. With that said, balance is critical to the game so I know there needs to be some system in place to keep the sides as close to even (in terms of pop) as possible.

Edited by hillstorm

Jsilec

Excellent fights pretty dam tough defense by axis we been fighting some good players....with extra ao’s it helps but hard to find a weak spot in the lines...also SUPPLY has been limited at most frontline towns and thats with us having a huge rdp advantage this early in the map...i assume with everyone at home this past week that our game pop has spiked and thats what has affected supply?

Edited by Jsilec

bus0

funky numbers go up and down...

got beat up in the morning, did the beating later.

interesting so far

RDP already would ya.

Edited by bus0

bus0

influx of Allied numbers, must be WBS...

Jsilec
4 hours ago, bus0 said:

influx of Allied numbers, must be WBS...

Yep after the 24th it will go back to before which was pretty dam close to even

bus0

4 AO's

3 red squares

big battles

Axis trying to be sneaky but got repelled by many blunt instruments.

Catfive is BACK! alive and well.

• Like 2

jwrona
On 3/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, bus0 said:

looked stupid

Hey, that's me!! S! 

• Like 1

bus0
22 hours ago, jwrona said:

Hey, that's me!! S! 

The man who dreams the Axis playbook...

• Like 1

bus0

5 AO's (bit much)

Axis wanted some payback, success limited, Xoom tried but Canukistan put em in his place, smack that *****

Then AEF and some noobs(Dubane) started working together and some success ensued.

another day of good fights.

bus0

win some, lose some.

Punched in the face in Paal and Nandrin.

vengeance was sweet.

bus0

we're getting the extreme's this camp...

either its an all out defend the town at all cost or crickets dominate.

LW seems to have numbers up but FAF/RAF numbers look down, even with a close AF.

Last day of WBS, subscribe please, we need these big battles.

• Like 1

Poker
28 minutes ago, bus0 said:

Last day of WBS, subscribe please, we need these big battles.

S!

bus0

hiccup in the battles due to 64bit install and training a brother in the fine delicacies of taking off for the 1st time, good job by our fellow volunteers on the roll out, quick and painless S!

bus0

Tiger is in, 2D also.

So now we go baby sherm/CH3 vs. Tiger/Stug

going to be a tough road ahead

blakeh

With more numbers in game defeating  the Tiger is much easier.   When you only have 5 or 6 defenders in a town it is hard to dedicate someone to go hunt a Tiger.   When you have 15-20 then 3 or 4 can become Tiger hunters.   The number of available Tigers never changes.   

mcafeed

Tier 2 is a joke.  Axis get Tiger, 3G and 4G and the Allies get the Sherman.  Axis get the Pak40 and Allies don't get the 17 lber or M5.  CRS has screwed the pooch on all Tiers.  

3H and Pak38 dont belong on Tier 0 yet they are there. BS.  The victory tax on the Allied winning streak is ridiculous at this point.  Let's see if CRS modifies things based on Axis winning a few maps in a row.  

Personally I think the Victory Tax approach is BS.  Find the equal balance and let numbers dictate the results of the map.  Quit screwing with the equipment by Tiers.

jwilly

Go back to half year tiers, half as long, and introduce weapons per historical ready-to-be-manufactured-and-fielded availability.

Not when they historically were first used, because that locks the game to how the historical war happened. Not necessarily when they were historically first manufactured and fielded, though no later than that date. But sometimes earlier than that, when history is clear that they were ready to be manufactured and fielded if historical war events hadn't caused a delay. 

That's the only way that doesn't leave room for arguments simultaneously from both sides that CRS's "balance" favors the other side.

jwilly
1 hour ago, mcafeed said:

Tier 2 is a joke.  Axis get Tiger, 3G and 4G and the Allies get the Sherman.  Axis get the Pak40 and Allies don't get the 17 lber or M5.  CRS has screwed the pooch on all Tiers.  

3H and Pak38 dont belong on Tier 0 yet they are there. BS.  The victory tax on the Allied winning streak is ridiculous at this point.  Let's see if CRS modifies things based on Axis winning a few maps in a row.  

Personally I think the Victory Tax approach is BS.  Find the equal balance and let numbers dictate the results of the map.  Quit screwing with the equipment by Tiers.

The Tiger correctly belongs in T2. In a half year system, they'd be introduced in small numbers in the second half.

The Sherman correctly belongs in T2. In a half year system, they'd be introduced in the second half. 

The PaK 40 correctly belongs in T2. In a half year system, they'd be introduced in small numbers in the first half.

The M5 correctly belongs in T3. In a half year system, they'd be introduced in the first half.

The 17 pounder correctly belongs in T3. In a half year system, they'd be introduced in the first half.

The PzKpfW IIIH correctly belongs in T0. In a half year system, they'd be introduced in small numbers in the second half.

The PaK  38 correctly belongs in T0. In a half year system, they'd be introduced in small numbers in the second half.

That's when each of those weapons was first manufactured and fielded...and is the earliest that that could have occurred, i.e. none were delayed by historical events beyond the earliest date they were ready to be built.

The six pounder correctly belongs in T0. In a half year system, they'd be introduced in small numbers in the second half.

Six pounder armed cruiser tanks belong in T1. In a half year system, they'd be introduced in small numbers in the first half. 

Six pounder armed infantry tanks belong in T1. In a half year system, they'd be introduced in the second half.

Those three weapon types were delayed by the cascaded effects of the Dunkirk events, which don't occur in WWIIOL.

• Like 1

bus0

No hijacking folks, numbers in game not equipment, right now its the Tiger effect in all its glory and boy! do the Axis have numbers now, we getting our collective A**es handed to us, maps moving west...

Cocktail of server burps and a little breakfast club mixed in there and voila, maps reversed.

• Like 1

redoak84

The battle for Verdun was a hell of a lot of fun last night though.

• Like 1

Jsilec

Wbs ended + tiger camo tier = defense non stop....this was a fast flip though i wasn’t expecting that much of a change that quickly i guess we will see if the “firefly bounce” will happen because it didn’t happen last map after all the nonstop firefly/achilles whine threads .....so the beginning was an illusion unless this is the illusion and only time will tell 

n8r

Hiya Bus !

Have had some really good fights with you the past couple days/weeks.  Been really fun fighting you !
You're an awesome player ! Keep up the gr8 work ! :)

S! 

n8