• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
delems

Amiens british?

35 posts in this topic

What is with a French factory town being British?

That makes no sense at all.

1 person likes this

because?

Factories Still count as french, at the end of the day that's all that truly matters. 

yea looks like a lot of towns west of Montfaucon were flipped too

The rules should be only towns that are capped should have the ability to flip ownership, towns owned at map reset should not be able to flip like that, just newly capped towns

Amiens is not a British factory now.  It is a French factory that has an RAF garrison there defending it.  RAF garrison was added to French Factory area (and FAF garrison added in England) to give choice to the playerbase.  Now they can choose which plane to fly in those sectors.  Same reason we used to mix RAF and FAF flags at factories in the past:  player choice.

Same situation with Berry/Reims and Lille/Seclin.  Two close airfields now with RAF/FAF garrisons for players to choose from.  The 'town' is still the same country (Belgium/France/England).  The garrison force defending it just changed.

Hope this helps.  S!

Edited by forrest

4 hours ago, kazee said:

yea looks like a lot of towns west of Montfaucon were flipped too

The rules should be only towns that are capped should have the ability to flip new ownership, towns owned at map reset should not be able to flip like that, just newly capped towns

'Flipped' garrisons have a resupply timer penalty if not changed within 10 minutes of new ownership.  Switching back and forth quickly on a whim is not a feasible option.  Currently, If a town garrison is replaced with a new country's troops after 10 minutes of new ownership, it takes extra time for the supply to build up (simulating a garrison leaving and a new garrison coming in).

Hope this helps.  S! 

Edited by forrest

25 minutes ago, forrest said:

Currently, If a town garrison is replaced with a new country's troops after 10 minutes of new ownership, it takes extra time for the supply to build

yea i know that, that's why the towns being flipped are not frontline towns. The extra time doesnt matter if they are 2 towns behind the front

I just think it should only occur on towns that are newly capped, not towns set a certain way at map reset

1 minute ago, kazee said:

yea i know that, that's why the towns being flipped are not frontline towns. The extra time doesnt matter if they are 2 towns behind the front

I just think it should only occur on towns that are newly capped, not towns set a certain way at map reset

Understood. S!

*** Curious why this is an issue?

You can't see the complete ridiculousness here?

One more time, a FRENCH factory town.... that is now a BRITISH garrison and owned by British?

1 person likes this

No what is ridiculous is the fact we have to make a choice. All Allied Equipment available at all towns regardless of Ownership thanks.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, delems said:

One more time, a FRENCH factory town.... that is now a BRITISH garrison and owned by British?

Kinda like Brussels having those 'foreign' French forces.  Or UK.  Or USA.  Don't they know Brussels is the capital of Belgium?!? :)

Or maybe...they are all 'allied'.  *rubschin*

I love ya, Delems.  I really do.  Your forums posts are a legend in themselves.  I think yer just having some harmless fun trolling us all a bit.  And thats cool. S!

Edited by forrest

50 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

No what is ridiculous is the fact we have to make a choice. All Allied Equipment available at all towns regardless of Ownership thanks.

So like a 'half-squadron' of RAF/FAF sharing every airfield on the map?  Interesting.  

If you all can't see what is wrong with British owning, controlling and garrisoning a French factory town.... I don't know what to say.

1 person likes this

Allied forces are occupying an allied-owned town. F’sure would have raised eyebrows when we had diehard BEF or ArFr squads (yeah, that was a “thing” once!)

It’s perfectly ok Delems, it has no impact on RDP (unless a frontline town and ownership has been changed).

Edited by Poker

2 hours ago, delems said:

If you all can't see what is wrong with British owning, controlling and garrisoning a French factory town.... I don't know what to say.

Makes perfect sense. you can't trust french forces to guard french facilities , the workers might go on strike and the bloody troops would go out in sympathy.

Bit like French Royals having a Swiss guard.

Byzantines had Varangians (vikings) as Guards. Cant trust the locals :)

2 people like this

3 hours ago, forrest said:

I think yer just having some harmless fun trolling us all a bit.  And thats cool. S!

You give him more credit than I do...

3 hours ago, forrest said:

Kinda like Brussels having those 'foreign' French forces.  Or UK.  Or USA.  Don't they know Brussels is the capital of Belgium?!? :)

Because I live here I did do a little research... have fun trying to fight 109's with this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Air_Component#World_War_II

5 hours ago, delems said:

I've told you this before, you can have a Brit flag showing but you get French equipment, did you ask someone too check before you decided to blow your bubble.

11 hours ago, delems said:

Take 10 slow deep breaths then realize this is most certainly NOT a big issue.....allies are not exclusionary we are a DIVERSE bunch yo

*** if it can be exploited, it WILL be exploited

This, it is complete hogwash a factory town can be changed in ownership.

And you all know it.

4 hours ago, delems said:

And you all know it.

Outline the benefits to the Allied side Delems. I’m super interested in how and why you’re thinking this way as clearly most of us don’t “get it”. 

58 minutes ago, Poker said:

Outline the benefits to the Allied side Delems. I’m super interested in how and why you’re thinking this way as clearly most of us don’t “get it”. 

Well i wont speak for Delems, will let him reply but the benefits are pretty obvious. If there weren't an advantage/benefits, why would those towns be changed in the first place ?

HC knows it and most players do too. Personally I don't have an issue with Amiens, but the 8 towns west of Montfaucon and Chville being flipped is quite gamey and a pretty lame move at this stage of tiers and a campaign

He doesn't feel that the British should be able to defend French production I guess.. 

wow those french factory workers at Amiens are really good at building brit armor, they have produced over 160 tanks in less than 48 hours...and who ever said the french were lazy ?!?!

and lets not forget that brit logistics moving team is top notch too... getting 70 tanks into Chville and 8 towns west of Montfaucon for a total of 560 tanks in less than 48 hours...wtg guys

On 3/20/2020 at 6:44 PM, Jsilec said:

Curious why this is an issue?

9 hours ago, Poker said:

Outline the benefits to the Allied side Delems

Aha, I see where you’re going now, thanks for clarifying.

Would you concede it’s horses for courses? An allied tanker cannot drop an S35 into a BEF garrison to resupply like a German would be able to do. 

I would ask whether you’re enjoying the recent battles? Judging by feedback both in game and on this very forum, the general consensus is a resounding “yes” from both ‘sides’ (note that I’d rather use the term player base because we’re one of the same, however I get this thread is all rather territorial).

Isn’t having more players online in bigger and better battles of greater importance?