• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
delems

Amiens british?

35 posts in this topic

OK I have to chime in.

1st off which Airplane goes on a intercept course vs the 111 in the south part?  

If you say Spitfire there lies the problem.

2nd Axis have a bit more of an Issue with killing Matildas especially if it's a [censored]load of them attacking one town ( makes the fun part of the game rather one sided in tier 0.)

So you ask yourself why is the Spitfire a problem . Well I'll tell you why cause the Allies cry about the FG42 in regular Army group when it should be in FJ brigades/garrison only.  Cause it's not Historic to have them in regular Army group.

But on the other side, Allied have no issues to have Brit planes down south and Brit Brigades south and all over the Map when Historical their operations sector was north .

See the double standard ? I do .

Ok, I see why now Amiens is brit.....  100 fighters, vrs 30 for french.

Including 18 fantasy Spit IXs.

Yes, it does seem when we talk about Axis Equipment, Allied players want to talk about realism, but when we talk about Allied equipment, they want to talk about balance.

1 hour ago, redoak84 said:

Yes, it does seem when we talk about Axis Equipment, Allied players want to talk about realism, but when we talk about Allied equipment, they want to talk about balance.

Some supporters of how the game (maybe) could grow beyond its present market position talk about greater focus on realism. CRS's focus on realism was a key differentiator from the competition when WWIIOL was introduced.

Those who are concerned with CRS staying in business right now focus on balance. No balance --> not enough players on the losing side --> no more game.

Then there are those who think that both "realism" and "balance" are bad if they mean more effectiveness for the other side, or good if they mean more effectiveness for their side.

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Those who are concerned with CRS staying in business right now focus on balance. No balance --> not enough players on the losing side --> no more game.

In one. It doesn’t matter which side, what matters is whether the majority of the player base are enjoying logging in. The 5 AO’s during EU prime would suggest that they are.

It’s tiresome reading “Axis have this” and “Allies have that”. 

Why not all take a step back and think bigger picture for a moment. You never know, you might even realise that we’re fortunate to belong to a community such as this, and perhaps you’d maybe decide to stop giving it a kick when your own bias begins to shroud pragmatism. 

6 hours ago, delems said:

Catastrophizing look it up...

HQ only I bet, and whats worst is our HC have no idea then can move it around, they think the map will explode if they move it.

maybe rebel has a clue, even then :)

As jwilly says above balance is what you should care about, balance keeps people logging back in, historical accuracy is nice but must always bend to the will of balance. no one wants to play a game where it's guaranteed win or lose

On 3/22/2020 at 10:54 PM, delems said:

I was on when the change occurred- the reason given was to provide more variety in air rides for air defense.

I protested anyway.  I don't think this was why Allied city changing was granted.  That's what air brigades are for, and there are still plenty to move around to provide that differentiation for Allies.

If there IS a difference in overall power between countries' air garrison/brigades, well that's on CRS.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:01 PM, kazee said:

Well i wont speak for Delems, will let him reply but the benefits are pretty obvious. If there weren't an advantage/benefits, why would those towns be changed in the first place ?

HC knows it and most players do too. Personally I don't have an issue with Amiens, but the 8 towns west of Montfaucon and Chville being flipped is quite gamey and a pretty lame move at this stage of tiers and a campaign

When I pushed for the city flip feature set as part of the garrison patch, it was to avoid situations we had come up again and again, where we wanted to capture towns next to each other with one nationality and there was always some mystery goober that would show up at AB capping time and cap it opposite country to what every HC and player was clearly expressing needed.  Said mystery goober would vanish, never to be seen again.

It was meant for that, not mass changes to favor better spawnlists during X tier.

Now we did that sort of thing back in the day, pre-para so no plane ride strictly infantry driven dozens of kms to say start a French salient in the north for better tanks and more Framerican players willing to shift there, or in the early days Brits in the south, which would yield fast A13s in what was otherwise a slow inf paced tank park.  And with the return of town supply via garrisons, it could be done again.

The brigades-only system allowed us to spread the equipment around so we could get a mix of players that could get a taste of what they wanted to play anywhere on the map during a typical 2-4 hour session.

So this is a long-standing issue with similar actions taken back then, and now today with city flips and the old school fly in whoever to cap could still be done.

I don't think you want to monkey with this too much in terms of player happiness, but it does present balance issues if any given country set on the Allied side is stronger or weaker during a particular tier.  Spawnlists on the whole need to be equal in combat power potential and matchups, then it matters less which country has what swath of cities.

Yea i have no problem with a newly capped town being able to select ownership, however as I stated twice in here...town ownership that are set at map rest should remain under that country flag...thats why i mentioned Chville and the 8 towns west of Montfaucon. That stuff should not happen