• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
gters

Tactical objectives and spawn...

4 posts in this topic

I suggest adding tactical objectives such as conquering a hill, an intersection, a road, etc. and from there, having the spawn similar to the FMS. This is to encourage battles outside the cities and make them more tactical ... What do you think?

We can do that right now.

Not every single type of gameplay gets "coded", this isn't that type of game, we have far more freedom of movement and gameplay variety here - this is what THE TROOPS are for!

That's what WE the players do!

WE, the people, the community - are the gameplay variety.

Personally, when I play, I search out that hill, that intersection, that road to trap, harass, stop and kill the enemy. I have also been killed, trapped and harassed on my way to battle by others doing this.

I put all the info in my mission orders, set out the waypoints, and get an fms set up to cover the targeted zone.

I would encourage you, and anyone else who wants to get out of the cities to do this - good times:cool:

S!

Yes that stuff is already done by players.  I think when they add mission waypoint overlays it will go a long way towards making it feel more like what gters is wanting. 

How bout persistent, automatic defensive missions, so it'd be easier for the people to pre-set defenses that the attacker has to get through? Problem in game, especially with hi-pop, is its often tough to get out and set up defenses. Could make great use of those trenches with such missions.