Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

crashing to desktop

jclarkson

stability will come with time especially with something that was a complete conversion like 32->64bit was.. Every part of the code was touched and not every scenario could have been tested with a small team. With crashes, a little bug report or post to here would be appreciated with what you were doing at the time. Even trying to go and see if it does it again would even be more helpful. Trigger points will guide the devs on where to look in the code to hopefully find a fix and know how to test that the fix has indeed worked.

13 minutes ago, SCKING said:

stability will come with time especially with something that was a complete conversion like 32->64bit was.. Every part of the code was touched and not every scenario could have been tested with a small team. With crashes, a little bug report or post to here would be appreciated with what you were doing at the time. Even trying to go and see if it does it again would even be more helpful. Trigger points will guide the devs on where to look in the code to hopefully find a fix and know how to test that the fix has indeed worked.

doing different things...driving walking pushing an atg....heard others on discord crashing to desktop too... tbh i just thought id tell you  its happening...not going to diagnose it myself  havent got the inclination to do it, I'm just here to have fun  if it continues to crash and becomes to annoying Ill just go do somthing else instead...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thedog said:

doing different things...driving walking pushing an atg....heard others on discord crashing to desktop too... tbh i just thought id tell you  its happening...not going to diagnose it myself  havent got the inclination to do it, I'm just here to have fun  if it continues to crash and becomes to annoying Ill just go do somthing else instead...

understood, just wanted to explain that "64bit is constantly crashing to desktop" doesn't help the devs find the cause. Some detail like "Every time I do this or that I crash to desktop". 

• Like 1

mine crashes when i open map up not always , but most times when i start to scroll across it when i open it, also noticed that frame rate drops to 5 - 10 when map open, never did this before, i have framerate locked at 60fps normally in game

Edited by chzacc

2 hours ago, SCKING said:

understood, just wanted to explain that "64bit is constantly crashing to desktop" doesn't help the devs find the cause. Some detail like "Every time I do this or that I crash to desktop". 

well, if it was obvious i would have mentioned it..but it's been pretty random. 

Edited by thedog
  • Like 2

Sometimes its not specific to inside the game. Maybe how long you been playing overall? How long a sortie happens? a certain weapon? near a certain building? But if we talk about it, maybe we can narrow down a common issue, or maybe its multiple issues. Im not doubting anyone is CTDing (and I hope I am not coming off that way), I am just trying to get some direction to look in our testing to try and replicate the issue for our devs is all. 

5 hours ago, SCKING said:

Sometimes its not specific to inside the game. Maybe how long you been playing overall? How long a sortie happens? a certain weapon? near a certain building? But if we talk about it, maybe we can narrow down a common issue, or maybe its multiple issues. Im not doubting anyone is CTDing (and I hope I am not coming off that way), I am just trying to get some direction to look in our testing to try and replicate the issue for our devs is all. 

actually for me that varies too..from just spawned in....to been there a while.  happens at an fb...  outside town..... by the ab...interestingly  though  unlike chzacc not while i been looking at the map "yet" 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mat31 said:

Hello.

I experienced 4 CTDs since 64 bit update. Every time it was few seconds after spawning.

Mat

Same i spawned an ms and within a few seconds was ctd....not alot just 3 times in total so far

Keep the info coming.. I am paying attention to this thread trying to find patterns. Don't hesitate to post here especially if you see a pattern yourself.

Is this an issue on all platforms? I've had the problem since I got my latest iMac. It happens 95% in-game (where I spend most of my time). The other 5% just randomly sometimes with no software running (for me it's screen freeze rather than ctd in all instances), so I've tended to think its a mac issue which Apple wasn't able to solve.

When reporting on this thread, can you please identify which client you are using (Mac or PC 32bit or 64bit?) and what OS you are using (Win7, Win10, Mac 10.15, Mac 10.14, etc)?

Me as gunner multicrewing with a driver. Selected a  Sherman tank Orval to Montemede FB and as soon as I joined as multi-crew we both completely crashed to desktop at the exact same time (the driver saw the loading however I did not). Hope you can track this down. Thanks. 

Both using 64 bit version and using Windows 10 on both machines 

Edited by reisman

• Registered Users
5 minutes ago, reisman said:

Me as gunner multicrewing with a driver. Selected a  Sherman tank Orval to Montemede FB and as soon as I joined as multi-crew we both completely crashed to desktop at the exact same time (the driver saw the loading however I did not). Hope you can track this down. Thanks. 

Reisman, could you tell us what operating system you're using. Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the game?

Just happened again trying to multi-crew spawn a Panhard in Monymede and we both crashed to desktop again. 

same here 3 time today but one was connection error then ctd  and the other two  the screen frozen for 15 sec and sound still going on in background then ctd, win 10 64

mine is any big battle over 20 players and on 3 respawn I ctd after hearing a few beeps though sound