Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Kilemall

Highpop Advantage NOT Okay

Kilemall

Bumping up.  It's fine that you guys bring up your other issues, but I'm trying to get underpop competitive and part of how that happens is making underpop attack cap/defense recap move.

shi50

bring back the 5 min sd. thats the only fun of always playing underpop is sending them to sd hell

TheCat
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Bumping up.  It's fine that you guys bring up your other issues, but I'm trying to get underpop competitive and part of how that happens is making underpop attack cap/defense recap move.

one of the things they need to fix is how the the timers work in low pop...ill tell u in lot...can't be arsed dealing with over zealous doms 

Edited by TheCat

Jsilec
15 hours ago, shi50 said:

bring back the 5 min sd. thats the only fun of always playing underpop is sending them to sd hell

The higher the sd gets the worse euro tz gets...last time they raised the sd the axis “bench” took a break and the allies had sd all day and this was after we had lost a bunch of maps so that sucked...and that was a 55 sd max i think?

tater

It would be better to have solutions that minimize or eliminate SD, IMO. Everyone universally hates it. The time limit to even join a side during overpop? Yeah, I don't switch sides, it's just annoying.

The idea posted by @ZEBBEEEis a good one (having facilities reset to town owner after some time) as a start.

As I continuously state, I think that local imbalance is good, and OK under the right operational situation. generally real attacks would mass forces ("supply" in ww2ol) so that they have local superiority over the enemy. In ww2ol, this massing of forces is heavily weighted towards not supply, but number of players. The solution? Link attacks to supply. Have 2:1 players online? Be forced to attack at 2:1 supply odds.

I've also suggested tying spawning away from the AB/FB on attack to relative pop. Ie: shutting down spawnables and FMS spawning if the attackers outnumber the defenders by more than their relative supply justifies. So if attackers mass supply on 2 towns, and attack a Garrison, they might be at 4:1 supply odds. This allows 40 players to attack 10. If 10 more players show up in the AO, they are forced to spawn at the FB and commute to the battlefield.

delems

The worst part of SD is the EnterWorld bug, SD needs to be removed until that bug is fixed, as the bug isn't here when SD is off.

Kilemall
19 hours ago, TheCat said:

one of the things they need to fix is how the the timers work in low pop...ill tell u in lot...can't be arsed dealing with over zealous doms 

You know, I was going to have fun with this line, but.... I can't because it likely leads to not having this general conversation.

Message received in the Other Place.  And I agree with you, there continues to be something weird about how that timer calc works.  It's better then it was IMO, but not quite there.

Hopefully what I'm proposing gets laid onto a stable accurate regimen.