Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

XOOM

Contribute to code! PLAYER TIPS!

XOOM

When you spawn in we have "Did you know" tips... I'd like to get some new ones, from players to players.

Keep it to one or two sentences, what do you think would be the most helpful information to share with users spawning in that the tutorial doesn't teach?

GO!

kazee

game info and rules of the game for green tags and noobs:

my guess is most green tags dont know what 'ei or et' is over mission chat, do they know what building the enemy can spawn from in your town if they cap it?  do they know the enemy must own the fb to spawn from the capped cp ? 

vets dont read the "did you know" tips and they wont read the game rules tips either, but you should use the tips to at least benefit someone and that is the green tags imho

edit: actually the more i think about it, they should have the ability to "pause spawn in' to read the game info and rules...maybe even provide some images of the map with spawn buildings and fb ownership to explain 

Edited by kazee

texasjay

I know most of new player skipping training  .. The idea  before enter the game send them to boot camp till they pass the test and teach them everything as possible without ask question.

ZEBBEEE
12 hours ago, texasjay said:

I know most of new player skipping training  .. The idea  before enter the game send them to boot camp till they pass the test and teach them everything as possible without ask question.

We did this at Steam release. Most negative reviews on Steam were written because of this.

That being said, learning how to go prone or throw a grenade is probably not what should have been mandatory.

going through the UI and learning gameplay facts could (and will) need to be often updated as the game improves. Therefore it would require good tracking.

Anyway, new tips could find their inspiration from the new game manual (WIP):

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/251950/manuals/WWII_Online_manual.pdf?t=1573299910

B2K
14 hours ago, kazee said:

vets dont read the "did you know" tips and they wont read the game rules tips either, but you should use the tips to at least benefit someone and that is the green tags imho

that's the purpose of this thread.... literally.   What bit of knowledge do players think would be beneficial to new players who have never played before.

15 hours ago, XOOM said:

When you spawn in we have "Did you know" tips... I'd like to get some new ones, from players to players.

Keep it to one or two sentences, what do you think would be the most helpful information to share with users spawning in that the tutorial doesn't teach?

GO!

example:

did you know: You can edit the key settings for all equipment either as an individual unit or an entire class by clicking on the preferences tab located at the top right of the unit selection screen (also on the map screen), then selecting keymapper.

• Like 1

sorella
1 hour ago, B2K said:

example:

did you know: You can edit the key settings for all equipment either as an individual unit or an entire class by clicking on the preferences tab located at the top right of the unit selection screen (also on the map screen), then selecting keymapper.

this might need to be more specific or divided into 2 different DYKs, to wit:

DID YOU KNOW: 

• There is an in-game KEYMAPPER page that shows every default KEYBIND for EVERY ACTION & FUNCTION in game for EVERY UNIT.  You can also EDIT & CUSTOMIZE any and all settings for any class or specific unit at the KEYMAPPER. 

• Get to the KEYMAPPER?  (i) From Persona or Mission Selection screens click PREFERENCES then KEYMAPPER (ii) in-game press (p) to bring up KEYMAPPER or from the MAP (m) screen select KEYMAPPER tab upper right. 

BTW: the new game manual is pretty good - thanks to all who worked on that. S! 

• Like 3