Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

dre21

Is there a summary of the Rat chat?

dre21

Was busy with remodeling a bathroom the last 2 days , no time to play nor anything else .

gervleth

I 2nd this!!!!!!!!!!

CHIMM

The RAT Chat recording will be posted in the Community Report (by TMAN) later today.  S! 

kazee

Sounds like a great patch , GJ CRS and everyone involved !!

Edited by kazee
  • Like 1

blggles

Damn, all those little STO bomblets raining on the poor, poor inf from out of the clouds.

Jsilec

Its gonna be crazy at ao’s with bombs dropping from the moon...maybe a more explosive ragdoll effect added would be fun too...like rans drops on town and we see 3 ragdoll bodies go flying up in the air like trapeze artists lol

Edited by Jsilec
  • Like 2

XOOM
9 minutes ago, kareca said:

FF on?

Noooooooooooooooooooo

stankyus
On 4/22/2020 at 9:51 AM, Jsilec said:

Its gonna be crazy at ao’s with bombs dropping from the moon...maybe a more explosive ragdoll effect added would be fun too...like rans drops on town and we see 3 ragdoll bodies go flying up in the air like trapeze artists lol

We had that at one time. THE rag doll would fly up in the air. The most epic when they were first introduced, I was laying outside a murderhole of the AB and a db7 dropped bombs and an Axis infantry flopped on the AB wall above me and fell on my side in front of me. I wish that was back.

ZEBBEEE
7 hours ago, stankyus said:

We had that at one time. THE rag doll would fly up in the air. The most epic when they were first introduced, I was laying outside a murderhole of the AB and a db7 dropped bombs and an Axis infantry flopped on the AB wall above me and fell on my side in front of me. I wish that was back.

I remind that as well, grenades were doing nice effects as well. @OLDZEKEcould maybe know why their effect were removed

OLDZEKE
32 minutes ago, ZEBBEEE said:

I remind that as well, grenades were doing nice effects as well. @OLDZEKEcould maybe know why their effect were removed

Yea in beta we hit groups of inf with DD shells to see how high they would fly, best as I recall. And to my best recollection/guess rag doll was toned down to try and cure the sliding of corpus' across the terrain. I can't remember for sure though. I do remember lining up clones along the cliffline at piesport and then sniping them from the river to see how far they could fly out into the river after hitting the berm on the river bank.

tater

The A-20s should get parafrags (48x23lb parafrag in vertical groups of 12) and parademos.

tater
On 4/22/2020 at 0:11 PM, XOOM said:

Noooooooooooooooooooo

SOME form of FF would be desirable.

Possible ideas:

1. Ragdoll, but no damage? Ie: friendlies get thrown but take no damage (except fall damage if they fall off a building or something).

2. Stunning damage of some sort? (maybe they simply instantly lose sprint all the way to zero?)

3. Buildings have multiple destruction levels? Building gets destroyed, all inside die (as now). Destroyed building has no new visual states, but the same damage threshold applies so that further bombing on the ruin will kill all inside if another X damage occurs.

The goal is to make carpet bombing friends less than ideal, nothing more.

blggles
9 hours ago, stankyus said:

Wow, I was not aware, that would really be cool. Who cares if there's a little sliding? Gotta have that when arty is introduced, that and new more realistic explosion sprites.

• Like 1