Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Noob question on CPs

avastyee

Hey team i asked in game the other night but my kid woke up and don't know if i got a reply.

anyway, folks often say to cap the spawnable CP or defend it, my question is how do i know which CP is or will be a spawnable if it hasnt been marked on the map by the mission leader?

i've been assuming its the depot closest to our FB as that would open a direct line for supplyline?  

Cheers

11 minutes ago, avastyee said:

i've been assuming its the depot closest to our FB as that would open a direct line for supplyline?  

Yup. If you're attacking you want to be capturing the depot that is linked to your origin.

In circumstances where there isn't an FB between towns, supply flows directly through the depot, so important (at all times) to keep this originating flag the same side (if the opponents are attacking the origin).

You can also "warp", which is where your FMS is close enough to a non-spawnable depot that you've captured - but best bet is to ensure you're either attacking the spawn or defending it.

Edited by Poker
  • Like 1

Awesome cheers, i had seen people mention Wrap and wasn't sure on that either so that's really helpful thanks.

Yeah, Poker said that the stuff I was going to say. Lmao.
If the enemy owns the link between the attacking/defending town, you can't run an FMS out to the attacking town, since the enemy owns the FB.
You can still cap the town, but just not set an FMS, cap the spawnable CP, and your friendlies can spawn out of it.
"Warp", can help as well to the non-linking CP that is the closest to the FMS you're spawned in as.

S!