• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
c47

open beta

38 posts in this topic

I think this might kill some mac players just like speed tree did 1 year ago. Hope this new water doesn't kill my navy game :( That is all I can play now...

speed tree?

hmm..

imac g5 here (w/crappy 64meg card)

My only FPS problem is the new buildings loading onto the video card (it can't!)...

I'm optimistic =)

BTW, it doesn't matter if I have graphics turned ALL THE WAY up, that includes trees, shadows, high detail levels all, anyways...none of this stuff affects my FPS.

Turn the graphics all the way up or down and the FPS is still crappy when looking at a new town.

Just wen't into the open beta never once wen't over 10 fps...

Messed with every possible setting...

Looks like my future of playin is dim.

I just went into Open Beta. Never once got below 30fps

Interface is much quicker.

I don't think the new config app got included though as there are no extra options in there (as the readme says there should be) and the date hasn't changed.

ibad

Just wen't into the open beta never once wen't over 10 fps...

Messed with every possible setting...

Looks like my future of playin is dim.

What Mac/video do you have, also which OS 10.3 or 10.4.

It should be faster, but then I haven't seen source since early, so I have no idea whats in there :-(

I haven't tried the latest b25.

The worst FPS hog has *always* been buildings.

Go to main WWIIOL page and click on the link. It's only open ATM for a couple hours of the day.

Hey macusers - Piattoni here (forgot to log in)

I d/l the beta and played off line for a bit last night. Any ideas why the textures for buildings/ground/trees are so grainy. Its grainy and the textures look like they are moving. The new sounds are good and water looks great but that grainy texture look pretty bad.

2.5 G5

1.5 gigs RAM

Radeon x800

I d/l the thing also, but when I click on the thing it starts, centers the mouse, stays at a black screen for forever. I even left it for almost an hour and a half last night, and it didnt change. I posted this in the beta thread as well.

17 in. g4 iMac, 10.3.9, 512 mb ram, built in gforce 4 mx video card

S!

I didn't have the new water effects showing up. I also have the grainy landscape. This is something to do with multitextures.

Anyone got the new config utility which has the water and 3D sound settings?

ibad

Yes i get very grainy textures and and the water doesn't look as it does in the 1.19 screen shots. Whats up with that?

Yes i get very grainy textures and and the water doesn't look as it does in the 1.19 screen shots. Whats up with that?

There is supposed to be an option in the settings app in the playnet folder. There isn't...

Gophur knows about this. He have the same experience on his mac.

I d/l the thing also, but when I click on the thing it starts, centers the mouse, stays at a black screen for forever. I even left it for almost an hour and a half last night, and it didnt change. I posted this in the beta thread as well.

S!

I have the same problem on my Cube (w/832 MB) which has a GF2 32MB graphic card (similar as the GF4 card). I assume it is the low end cards that is the problem here. The game is obviously loaded "properly" into the system since I can change to other programs and back again to WWIIOL by pressing "Command-tab".

S!

I have the same problem on my Cube (w/832 MB) which has a GF2 32MB graphic card (similar as the GF4 card). I assume it is the low end cards that is the problem here. The game is obviously loaded "properly" into the system since I can change to other programs and back again to WWIIOL by pressing "Command-tab".

I really hope that they continue supporting my crappy card, I love this game, but I just cant get a new computer for several years.

PLEASE RATS, KEEP SUPPORTING THE CRAPPY CARDS!!!!!! I DONT CARE IF IM CTD ALL THE TIME, JUST GETTING TO PLAY IS ENOUGH!!!

Oops, strange FPS boost.

I gave the mac version a try and i did the Opel-Test. There, my FPS are up from 19 FPS to 29 FPS that is about 50% more ... same settings as 1.18. Don't know why ... thought i should post this.

Dual MDD G4 1250 Mhz

ATI 9000 PRO @ 1680x1050 on 20 INCH

1250 MB of RAM

OSX 10.3.9

Graineyness is a known bug and was reported. It seems to be happening to lots of Mac users. The water not showing up is probably a bug. Oddly enough the ground clutter now works. I have a 9600 so its not really low end cards with the problem ( of course these days its pretty low). I still expect that *many* of you should see FPS increases of 30%-100% in towns (not necssarily offline or in the boonies) on Tiger, and 10%-30% on Panther. Of course my testing was only on my G5/9600 so I can't say for sure what you will see on other combos.

Graineyness is a known bug and was reported. It seems to be happening to lots of Mac users. The water not showing up is probably a bug. Oddly enough the ground clutter now works. I have a 9600 so its not really low end cards with the problem ( of course these days its pretty low). I still expect that *many* of you should see FPS increases of 30%-100% in towns (not necssarily offline or in the boonies) on Tiger' date=' and 10%-30% on Panther. Of course my testing was only on my G5/9600 so I can't say for sure what you will see on other combos.[/quote']

I've gotten an fps in heavy battles...

Find if I change the res to 800x600 the fps is MUCH better. Averages around 8-12 instead of the 1-3 I was getting with 1024x768...

Hope you get the settings thing fixd awhulf.

I have a brand new dual 2.7 Ghz with Radeon 9600 w/256MB, and 2 gig RAM. In beta today, was still very grainy and fps between 10-15. In game, my fps is now around 50 and drops to 36 in battle. Beta definately slower.

I just got source again so I can do some better testing. The grainyness might be a symptom or cause of performance hit. Unfortunately I have to work at my real job during the open beta periods :-(

Grainy look goes away in beta when I use the ATI utility program that shipped with the x800 card. I used the utility to turn up the Quality level on the beta to Max Quality - the graphics were still very good and the grainy look appeared to have gone away - not as pronounced.

Anyway - just thought I would add that bit of info.

im also gettin horrible fps...normally about 5, never more than 11.

1.25 G4 Pbook

mobility 9600 (64MB)

1 gig RAM

1280 x 854

I've been doing some testing of the beta version offline. This is what I have found:

-Using the openal shipped with Tiger (by removing the openal framework from the WWIIOL package) causes sound anonomolies. Such as:

- Ticks while flying

- High pitch engine sounds in DB7

- High pitch sounds in other planes (not engine)

- No engine sounds in other planes (only hear wind)

* I suggest sticking with the openal framework that is in the WWIIOL package

-Cannot change camera view in external view in offline (control-v) using the Home, End, PgUp, PgDn keys

- I didn't notice a change in framerate much, but I also wasn't really looking at it.

- AA over AA Island wasn't firing at me. I tried in French and German.

- I get the grainy look that has been mentioned. I tried changing the settings in the ATI Utility to Best Quality as suggested. I think it may have improved it some, but it is still dizzying (if thats a word).

- The two information bars (~ and NumLock) are too big!

- To see changes in gears, etc that is seen in the Chatbox you have to activate the chatbox (Enter) or else you can't see them...I think they should be in a seperate box.

I know this should go in the Beta Forum, but since we had this thread i thought I would throw them here real quick.

Later

-Cannot change camera view in external view in offline (control-v) using the Home, End, PgUp, PgDn keys

This feature has been removed (temporarily at least) due to legal reasons. It was removed from the Windows client since 1.84. I think they forgot to remove it from the Mac client at the same time.

This feature has been removed (temporarily at least) due to legal reasons. It was removed from the Windows client since 1.84. I think they forgot to remove it from the Mac client at the same time.

Leagal reasons? Please elaborate... this sounds interesting.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0