Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
c47

open beta

38 posts in this topic

Someone owns the rights to manipulating perspectives in a 3D environment. They're suing everyone, and I understand they won a lawsuit. It's much like Hasbro claiming to own the rights to manipulating blocks in any game since they own Tetris.

They don't want to put these companies out of business...they just want money to license their copyrighted concept.

I just tried the 1.19.25-1.19.26 patch and it tried to launch classic during the update!

If I let classic launch then I get our old favourite error 'File not found no err'

If I don't let classic launch then I get a message saying the patch was successful, but nothing actually gets changed. Launching 1.19.26 offline reports the version as 1.19.26, but as far as I can tell the version is exactly the same as 1.19.25. None of the fixes outlined in the readme have been implemented.

Also the 1.19.26 readme mentions nothing about any of the mac specific problems we are having - such as the sound bug(can anyone actually remember when the sound worked properly) and the grainy texture problems we are having.

ibad

I think that is the problem. I have 10.3.9 and my installation worked fine.

Very weird - what on earth could be trying to launch classic?

This 10.4 was performed as a clean install on a newly formatted drive.

Everything works up to the point that I get the 'Now Patching WWIIOL Game Data' dialog box. Clicking OK then tries to run 'betapatcharc' which launches classic.

ibad

I have no clue what so ever. But as far as I know has everyone that have experienced this issue so far only been on 10.4.

So am I not the only one?

I got around the problem by applying the update manually using the xdelta terminal command. It seams to work - dunno if doing it this way leaves some things out though

(don't ask me how to do it because its probable going to be quicker and less problematic if we let our very own mac Rats solve the problem)

Sooo I've got 1.19.26

textures still grainy.

can't test sound problems offline

ibad

You can also save yourself about 5-10 FPS by toggling the HUD only when you need it. Puts my framerate much higher than the regular 1.18

And yeah I posted a thread W pics documenting the error and Fwded it to Gophur.

Updated to 1.19.26 and still have the same black screen forever. I used quartz debug and saw that only the menu bar is shown as having been created - should there be a separate window for WWII Online or does full screen not make a window? I also ran shark for the initial loading and re-ran it for awhile after I could cmd-tab to the finder. I saw that once it ran for awhile, the most time was spent in OPENGL and phui/draw/draw children. I also saw a lot of speedtree/wind velocity. Any help would be appreciated and I will help with anything I can do with figuring this out.

I hope someone can figure out what is happening with these low end video cards so I can keep playing.

17" G4/800 MHz, 512 MB RAM, geforce 4mx, OS X 10.3.9

old installer on Tiger is wonky, I think b27 has a fix (but its not posted yet). Forget b26 for now, see if b27 is better.

Thats a might low end box....

Shawn did the full screen/window stuff according to Apple's guidelines. However there could still be stuff that doesn't work on some combos of hardware/video.

Downloaded .28 and still no joy :( Screen goes black and cursor centers itself but then nothing else happens. It still shows a lot of phui:draw and phui:draw_children when I look at threadviewer. I can obviously cmd-tab out of .28 but it never draws to the screen.

It looks like I'm going to have to unsubscribe when .19 goes live since a new computer is not going to happen anytime soon. Hopefully this can be fixed before then. I don't want to lose the friends I've made playing this game.

Sam,

Just remember that if you don't clear out cookies in your browser, you'll still be able to talk with your friends, even well after un-subscribing...

I know how you feel about "soon" I'm in a similar boat, but I do get along with the 1.25 Dual G4's. Someday the needs of a game will plateau, and one'll be able to get more than a few years of reasonable experience without having to invest thousands more for the "next best thing."

Then again, I'm thinking that if the Rats wanted to get rid of the Mac playerbase, and need no excuse for not maintaining their client, they are doing pretty darn well. Call it "perfect strategy..."

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0