Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

OHM

Supply changes coming for 173

OHM

During the last campaign some players were concerned with SMG supply and balance between sides.  Tonight i went threw  Tier0 and Tier1 SMG  numbers and made some adjustments to bring them more balanced. 

The numbers for 1 AB were not that far off from each other. 2AB's was a little off and 3 and 4 AB's became more dramatically off.  

What i did was add all the SMG's up in each persona (including DLC supply) to be very close to the same for all personas.  

Thats what was done tonight ....   I will look at other stuff tomorrow night.

Flame away 

• Like 4

Jsilec

tumblr_llfs8mxSlz1qhspilo1_500.gif

Kilemall

Don't think I'm going to comment.  Almost no point.

• Like 1

category4

When will you add a beginner's option for the airforce? Everything is locked!

TEX64

@category4

Can you use the off-line mode to fly the various planes on a FREE PLAY ACCOUNT?  I honestly don't know the answer and the question just popped into my mind.

flong139
Posted (edited)

Should be able to offline and i think on training server may have to check that.

Also if you just do the min acct get access to some.

S!

Edited by flong139

OLDZEKE
10 hours ago, tex64 said:

@category4

Can you use the off-line mode to fly the various planes on a FREE PLAY ACCOUNT?  I honestly don't know the answer and the question just popped into my mind.

Offline is just the client on your machine. Rank, subscription... All that is server side. You can spawn every unit offline. You can spawn at any town with any unit offline.    

• Like 1

mcafeed
Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2020 at 9:13 PM, OHM said:

During the last campaign some players were concerned with SMG supply and balance between sides.  Tonight i went threw  Tier0 and Tier1 SMG  numbers and made some adjustments to bring them more balanced. 

The numbers for 1 AB were not that far off from each other. 2AB's was a little off and 3 and 4 AB's became more dramatically off.  

What i did was add all the SMG's up in each persona (including DLC supply) to be very close to the same for all personas.  

Thats what was done tonight ....   I will look at other stuff tomorrow night.

Flame away 

Hoorah!

Hopefully when the FG42 comes in to play the Allies get bumped SMG units to account for the lopsided Kill Advantage of the FG42!!

Edited by mcafeed

moetow

@OHM I thought the Germans got the stuka G2 tankbuster in tier2? 

saffroli

the jug is 1943 i believe

stankyus
6 hours ago, moetow said:

@OHM I thought the Germans got the stuka G2 tankbuster in tier2? 

The Stuka G2 was and has been in T2 last map and the one before...

TBH I am completely confused how and what goes where in what tier these days. 

The G2 was put into service mid 1943.  It has been in T2 for a long time. 

This always confused me because the M10 which is NOT in T2 but not sure because I have seen one or two in the past in T2  However the M10 was in service BEFORE the G2... while we have to speculate what the French would get if they where around and for balance sakes I ZERO idea why its not in the French Kit in T2 in numbers... and to my recollection I believe the BEF had received the M10 with the 3" by 43 also.

Maybe it was taken out of T2?

Dont know but tbh.. I rather T2 be 42-43 so we can get the M10 to combat the Tiger and StugG entrance for balance and MARKETING .  Not sure how much marketing capital the M10 brings but for the current allied gamer its more about player retention. 

• Like 1

Jsilec

I remember the stuka tankbuster being ingame during the dreaded tiger tier....why still no m10s or are we supposed to have some sort of formal presentation to the rats or maybe hire delems to “advocate” for it?

• Like 1

saffroli
2 hours ago, stankyus said:

Dont know but tbh.. I rather T2 be 42-43 so we can get the M10 to combat the Tiger and StugG entrance for balance and MARKETING .  Not sure how much marketing capital the M10 brings but for the current allied gamer its more about player retention. 

Seems like the logical approach IMO 

godart32

The allied not even getting the M10 when the tiger and stug G enter the fray is pretty lame. No wonder i'm never seeing them around, why spawn it when you got access to the S76.

stankyus
6 hours ago, saffroli said:

Seems like the logical approach IMO 

I'm just thumping thoughts. Not thought out it's logical end or overall effects. I'm confused about date entrances or choices. Even the current 190a3 jabo is incorrect. It's the fighter version of the 190a4 with a bomb on it. It is also in the game a tier earlier than it should be if it was actually the a3. Current configuration puts it in the game two tiers earlier but still would be incorrect due to it having 4 cannons. I would not care at all if (it was the correct version) and there was a marketing balance issue at play but there is not one. 

I think not giving the French the m10 in t2 is an arbitrary decision. There is no way to really know. We give the French license to have them by t3 and sherman75s in t2. The reasonable hypothetical that allows the French Sherman should apply to the m10. They were in service in 42. Plus there is a balance issue in which the m10 could bring closer together. 

4 hours ago, godart32 said:

The allied not even getting the M10 when the tiger and stug G enter the fray is pretty lame. No wonder i'm never seeing them around, why spawn it when you got access to the S76.

I'm almost exclusively a m10 / Achilles player.  I love the m10 and in a good hull down, it will take a hit where the s76 won't. Bigger, thicker mantle can save your butt. Plus I get to kill ea from time to time. After years of fighting less tigers with the m10, to get the s76 was a reliever. The tiger vrs the m10 was a massive mistake which caused a major exodus of allied tankers. It was so bad they limited the tiger numbers to 2 max. The same reason why the matty was limited. Now we took a good step forward with the tanking game for the BEF, though restricted from its historical correct load-out which is perplexing. We also took a huge step backwards to a situation that is worse than we we just had the m10 as our MBT. It's seems messy.

• Like 1

stankyus
14 minutes ago, choad said:

I can't stand the M10. It's terribly slow turret traverse speed, no forward facing MG, and the open turret effectively neuter it so far as I am concerned. Yes I realize, all historically accurate. For the way that I enjoy playing armor, the larger gun and thicker armor just don't overcome those factors.

You are not alone, it's a niche weapon. I don't get too pissed if I lose one, outside the the mantle, I don't expect to take a hit. ATM the thing that is most aggravating is losing my Stu to an 109f2. I have seen a few Stus being straffed and destroyed let alone the cru2 and a13. Watched a 110 straff 2 a13s right next to each other exploding one and smoking the engine on the second one which despawned. Try and kill a 232 with any HMG on a plane ATM and it's been a long time since I have killed a 2c with the 20mm Hispano. Seems lopsided. Mb the f2 and 110 should have that ability taken away? We have been talking historical dates, ammo and weapons. We allow for tigers, stugGs, and pak40 vrs 57mm and s75s and scream HISTORICAL... but we have to deviate from allowing AP ammo for the fiddies. We had to have the pzgr39 ammo for the 88 in t0 because it's historical ammo was less effective in later tiers but have been stuck with the rarest, worst performing 17pdr ATG ammo. Which I was told would not change. The Achilles and Firefly are missing its historical APCBC ammo, which would neuter the tigers advantage. I guess it's ok for the Axis to only have that capability? I don't get it.

• Like 1

dropbear

...all very valid points but will be dutifully ignored. 

The worst thing is all this could be fixed in a few days IF CRS was willing. All the rest of the game idiosyncrasies can be forgotten if both sides had an even playing field.

The numbers in game have plainly told CRS that the customers are not happy - it's up to them now.

jwilly
5 minutes ago, dropbear said:

The numbers in game have plainly told CRS that the customers are not happy

The only thing that's ever "plainly" clear from customer numbers is that changes to the game to favor Side X, and disfavor Side Y, likely would result in more Side X players and fewer Side Y ones.

But, no one ever requests a change to the game that would favor the side they play less. Everyone with a strong opinion is of the opinion that what needs fixing is their preferred side needs to be buffed, and...usually...the other side needs to be nerfed.

That's just basic fairness, right?

• Like 1

stankyus
9 hours ago, jwilly said:

The only thing that's ever "plainly" clear from customer numbers is that changes to the game to favor Side X, and disfavor Side Y, likely would result in more Side X players and fewer Side Y ones.

But, no one ever requests a change to the game that would favor the side they play less. Everyone with a strong opinion is of the opinion that what needs fixing is their preferred side needs to be buffed, and...usually...the other side needs to be nerfed.

That's just basic fairness, right?

Flagrantly false

• Like 1

saffroli
20 hours ago, choad said:

I can't stand the M10. It's terribly slow turret traverse speed, no forward facing MG, and the open turret effectively neuter it so far as I am concerned. Yes I realize, all historically accurate. For the way that I enjoy playing armor, the larger gun and thicker armor just don't overcome those factors.

You'd [censored] hate the stug3 up until this next patch then. It has no mg at all! lol

19 hours ago, stankyus said:

Try and kill a 232 with any HMG on a plane ATM and it's been a long time since I have killed a 2c with the 20mm Hispano. Seems lopsided. 

Seems so, but it isn't. 

https://stats.wwiionline.com/playersortie.php?username=spke&sortieidin=415645

https://stats.wwiionline.com/playersortie.php?username=rebel357&sortieidin=192854

I could strafe all day with a 109G or 190 but only a few will actually die to it, even if you shoot the same spots. It's just pure RNG

stankyus
19 minutes ago, saffroli said:

You'd [censored] hate the stug3 up until this next patch then. It has no mg at all! lol

Seems so, but it isn't. 

https://stats.wwiionline.com/playersortie.php?username=spke&sortieidin=415645

https://stats.wwiionline.com/playersortie.php?username=rebel357&sortieidin=192854

I could strafe all day with a 109G or 190 but only a few will actually die to it, even if you shoot the same spots. It's just pure RNG

The 20mm will kill the 232. It should kill the 2c, it just won't. I personally have taken time attacking 2cs with 20mm armed planes just to see if it's possible. 5 maps without a single straffing kill on one. A few maps ago I lost a s75 to a e4. Legit kill, I had my commander up and it killed my commander and turret crew. I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about penetrating hits. Like the f2 is currently able to do against the a13, a15 and stu. The 110 exploding and a13 and leaving the other smoking in a single pass. Rebel357 already demonstrated that the very incorrect 100% ball ammo in the fifties will not penetrate the 232. That is a big deal as it also will not penetrate the pilot armor in the air war either. It also reduces the penetration to deliver critical components from the 6. I am willing to have a mixed ball AP loadout to reduce armor kills...  that being said.. either we allow it or don't. That should include the TDs too like the m10. 

moetow

The "historical tiers" are killing the game, not all at once, but slowly...

madrebel
5 hours ago, stankyus said:

That is a big deal as it also will not penetrate the pilot armor in the air war either.

mmm ... its the wrong belting for sure but you're going to have a hard time penetrating through the fuel tank and then the pilot armor of a 109. headrest is a 'maybe' at 10mm. the 190 has similar, 8mm seat back, a 5mm side section on the seat back, 12mm head rest (at like at least a 20 degree angle), 5mm shoulders. maybe it gets through.

1 hour ago, moetow said:

The "historical tiers" are killing the game, not all at once, but slowly...

but ... marketing! there are like 10 die hard history buffs out that that might sign up!

stankyus
2 minutes ago, madrebel said:

mmm ... its the wrong belting for sure but you're going to have a hard time penetrating through the fuel tank and then the pilot armor of a 109. headrest is a 'maybe' at 10mm. the 190 has similar, 8mm seat back, a 5mm side section on the seat back, 12mm head rest (at like at least a 20 degree angle), 5mm shoulders. maybe it gets through.

but ... marketing! there are like 10 die hard history buffs out that that might sign up!

ATM, they don't penetrate even 8mm. Ball should do 12mm. AP IIRC sits in the 20mm+ range. Regardless we lose pk potential, and critical component damage by quite a bit with the ball ammo.

ZEBBEEE
On 27/05/2020 at 3:06 AM, stankyus said:

You are not alone, it's a niche weapon. I don't get too pissed if I lose one, outside the the mantle, I don't expect to take a hit. ATM the thing that is most aggravating is losing my Stu to an 109f2. I have seen a few Stus being straffed and destroyed let alone the cru2 and a13. Watched a 110 straff 2 a13s right next to each other exploding one and smoking the engine on the second one which despawned. Try and kill a 232 with any HMG on a plane ATM and it's been a long time since I have killed a 2c with the 20mm Hispano. Seems lopsided. Mb the f2 and 110 should have that ability taken away? We have been talking historical dates, ammo and weapons. We allow for tigers, stugGs, and pak40 vrs 57mm and s75s and scream HISTORICAL... but we have to deviate from allowing AP ammo for the fiddies. We had to have the pzgr39 ammo for the 88 in t0 because it's historical ammo was less effective in later tiers but have been stuck with the rarest, worst performing 17pdr ATG ammo. Which I was told would not change. The Achilles and Firefly are missing its historical APCBC ammo, which would neuter the tigers advantage. I guess it's ok for the Axis to only have that capability? I don't get it.

good feedback here. Load-out is being introduced in the next patch for bombers. It could be extended to tanks and guns as well. That would allow other munitions to be introduced. Not sure it is already capable to evolve with tiers but that's probably on the wishlist. Scotsman provided all the correct data, it is a matter of time and resources, not a matter of will.

prod is working on ball penetration audit. let's wait for the results.