Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

downtown

How do you think the game will play on this?

downtown

KZjM1nR.png

dfiire

Get a 144hz and 1ms response

Kilemall

Big question, the monitor is only as good as the video card driving it, so what's the card?

B2K

I'd be curious to know how the game looks on that - I'd think the horizontal stretching would make it look odd. 

downtown

Current Video Card, I may get a new video card also.

gMDIKL5.png

texasjay

like dfire said , get 144fp ,1440  monitor and  rtx 2080 super for price under  $1200

Kilemall

First off, the thing that monitor is selling is the combo of curved screen which I assume you want for piloting, and AMD's VRR (variable rate refresh) version of Freesync, which works with HDMI but I'm reading Nvidia requires Displayport.

Problem is, you got an Nvidia GTX1060, I think too old to really be a VRR card AND the wrong type for that monitor.  You'd want G-sync in the monitor and a newer card if you are sticking with Nvidia.

So it's not a good buy just for the fact you'd be paying money for features you can't use.

This is like all the issues with motherboards video cards CPUs and memory, it's all gotta link up. 

That's a Samsung monitor, looks to me like they are heavy in bed with AMD, so AMD card and then maybe that monitor.

xspiers

I'm running an MSI G27C4 on free sync. Works really well for this game and others.. 144hz refresh with displayport. Like @killemall said, you gotta weigh it up and only go ahead if your PC is compatible. Also, if you're only planning on playing this game.. maybe it's a bit overkill? Go for something 1440p. As a rule of thumb keep everything the same brand in your build/ set up. You've got less chance of things going wrong, or not being compatible. I'm not familiar with G-Sync but have read good things and will most likely go that route on my next build (current is AMD-based).

Let us know what you go for.. always looking out for what works and what doesn't.

S!

Edited by xspiers

downtown

4H9ja1N.png 

I'm essentially looking that these two cards, I've never really been a fan of AMD and they both have DVI/HDMI, the Nvidia is PCI3.0 which is on my Computer, and I have an NVIDIA in my computer already.  I've looked and I don't see anything about AMD coming out with a newer card in the near future, the RX5700 is almost a year old now.

Kilemall
9 hours ago, downtown said:

4H9ja1N.png 

I'm essentially looking that these two cards, I've never really been a fan of AMD and they both have DVI/HDMI, the Nvidia is PCI3.0 which is on my Computer, and I have an NVIDIA in my computer already.  I've looked and I don't see anything about AMD coming out with a newer card in the near future, the RX5700 is almost a year old now.

Hmm, looks to me like the RX5000s are 2019-2020 cards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units#Radeon_RX_5000_series

The Nvidia cards for comparison-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units#GeForce_16_series

downtown

I have been reading several sites and the benchmarking ones say the NVIDA is better, until you overclock the AMD.

timeless

Esp when you have all 16 cores of a threadripper at a 8-10% overclock. :)  

timeless

and if you want o invest in a video card. Make one good investment. Any TI or RTX card is the way to go. will last for a long time (esp under water). 

XOOM
On 5/9/2020 at 5:07 PM, B2K said:

I'd be curious to know how the game looks on that - I'd think the horizontal stretching would make it look odd. 

I play on an LG Ultrawide (34"), it's not quite 49" which is massive difference but a lot of my screen shots I post show the wide-angle. It actually increases your peripheral quite a bit without removing the sense of immersion (not horribly stretched, just more camera room).

ghost43
On 10/05/2020 at 5:10 PM, downtown said:

4H9ja1N.png 

RX5700 Series are very good for the price point and the amount you get for that price compared to the Nvidia counterpart the RTX 2060 super & RTX 2070 are good. while the RTXs perform just a little better ( we are talking about 2% to 15% more performance "depends on the game" ) RX5700 XT is the best you could get for the price point. a lot of people have difficulty with the card drivers, they experience some crashes but AMD is working on it and is not a big problem at the moment and the biggest problem that gamers face is that the card overheat like crazy so try to look at what other brand offer but MSI RX5700 XT seems it does the job right.

Here is link to a Youtube Video RX5700 XT vs RTX 2070 Super: 

I hope this helps to expand  your options :) 

texasjay

I was thinking getting that cards  rtx 2080 ti over rtx 2080 super ...the radeon  is ok  but it take a lot juice of watt ... but heard another new card coming out so i am going hold till the ampere come out .. or  i could sell my gtx 1080 ti n get a rtx 2080 ti :D

downtown

Zoom in on Alt View Zoom 11. EVGA - SUPER XC ULTRA GAMING NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black/Transparent.

Ended up pulling the trigger on this, I had to remove the cover to make it fit, but it's in an running.