Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

downtown

Zee's Resupply Question?

downtown

If I take a TT and load it with armor and unload the Armor at an town with an AB on the Zee's why does the Armor not go into the spawn list?

OLDZEKE

Because the island ABs are coded to not spawn armor. There is not a armor list for them to go into.

dre21
2 hours ago, OLDZEKE said:

Because the island ABs are coded to not spawn armor. There is not a armor list for them to go into.

Maybe that should be changed , would be an incentive to do that work .

Maybe a small number that can be shipped there , nothing crazy but an amount where it maybe makes it worth it . Once that amount is reached then that's it .  All others brought in are not being counted , so one would need a command to see if or any are already supplied and how many more the que could take .

tex64

Hmmm . . . kinda like it, need to listen / think more on this.  If someone has dedicated the time and their mates are willing to stare at the ocean blue while the TT chugs along that could be a thing.  I like it but we're human so things could get out of hand quickly, lol.

Nice idea though,

tex

stankyus

I think that would be a very nice addition.

saffroli

I dont mind it either. There's a big risk involved for a decent reward, so I don't see it as being abused.

A tt is very obvious target when flying and very vulnerable to both EA and EDD's. 

Could be worth it for those 4 matties or Tigers :D

jwrona

When @Timbo69 was setting up the zees for us... we'd do the long way to Gravenpolder, stopping by Breskins to pick up 2 tanks. Just enough to cause a mess.

If you want armor, bring it there and park it. But pulling it out of the AB is a little gamey. 

delems

I asked about this a long time ago.  Some sort of 'storage' for vehicles.

Sure, no vehicles on the islands, but if you bring a 232 in via AK (cargo ship), right now you can't RTB it to the island AB, it is gone when you despawn.

Maybe make the island ABs have a capacity of 2 armored cars and 2 light tanks, but always start them with 0 in the spawn list.

Then, if someone takes the time to bring one over, it can RTB into the AB for later use.

n8r

i'd rather have FBs in the zees then having tanks in the zees

Kilemall

Heh, the ironic thing is, in the real war a French armored division, 1eDLM, drove to Belgium and fought in the Breda area AND there were major French units in the Zees- 7th Army, the one part of the French army that rolled fast and hard as part of the Dyle-Breda Plan.  Don't think they landed Somuas on the Zees but not for lack of wanting to.

http://gabriel.bougrain.free.fr/Cavalry_Corps_1940.htm

chry
On 5/12/2020 at 7:17 AM, delems said:

I asked about this a long time ago.  Some sort of 'storage' for vehicles.

Sure, no vehicles on the islands, but if you bring a 232 in via AK (cargo ship), right now you can't RTB it to the island AB, it is gone when you despawn.

Maybe make the island ABs have a capacity of 2 armored cars and 2 light tanks, but always start them with 0 in the spawn list.

Then, if someone takes the time to bring one over, it can RTB into the AB for later use.

This ^      Isn't this the essence of moving the line forward.... if you bring gear and all it needs is fuel, why can't it be respawned?  If the vehicle RTB in good condition, it makes sense that it could sortie again, no?