Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Jsilec

Is it boring?

saffroli
12 hours ago, ZEBBEEE said:

I am actively looking for gameplay adjustment ideas. One idea is an auto-uncontest feature for flags. A very simple mechanics which could contribute to solve some core issues:

"Unguarded contested flags could slowly uncontest itself."

Expected consequences:

It provides a bonus for defenders as it forces attackers to keep their captured flags under control and avoid solo caps on the other side of the attack ZOC that hurts the overall game experience. Mole attacks becomes therefore harder, especially in large towns.

The lower the online population, the harder for attackers. Frontline become more static as a result, except with a good coordination.

Extra option 1The more flags still owned by defenders (bunker, depots, city, Docks etc), the faster the auto-uncontest speed in that town (e.g. -5% per minute per defensive flag still up), and which will add up to physical re-cappers, when any.

Expected consequences: If a town has 5 flags still up, it would mean 4 minutes to loose unguarded flag(s). If there is only a bunker left, timer would be 20min.

It would make tactical planning for attackers even more important, and make large towns become elligible targets only when larger numbers are online. It also better rewards attackers with their territory control.

Extra Option 2: population balance gives a bonus or penalty to the auto-uncontest timer, similarly to the current capture timers: max -50%, +50%. The help would therefore be stronger for lowpop (e.g. 2.5% - 7.5% per minute per defender flag).

If a town has 5 flags still up, it would mean 8 minutes to loose an unguarded flag for extreme underpop attackers, and only 2 minutes for extreme overpop attackers. Values can be adjusted.

Extra Option 3: a flag being automatically uncontested could show its current % status on map to both sides. As soon as a flag has someone inside, the status is no longer visible.

Expected consequences: attackers and defenders get a situational awareness for contested and unguarded flags only. It also indirectly reveals if anyone is guarding or capping that contested flag, allowing to set priorities accordingly. Fog of war remains for new cappings.

thoughts?

This nullifies a low pop attack though.

If it needs to have someone in a contested CP then it should reduce the reset speed the more cps you have in a contested town, rather than the other way around.

How are 10 guys going to cap a 4 cp town when if they amass to the bunker for the final cap the CP's are reset without any defenders actually doing the work?

2 defenders could dismantle that whole attack which is fine if the defenders are low pop, but not if the attackers are.

tater

The auto-reset could be a function of AO vs DO?

Underpop has the facilities reset faster on defense, and slower on attack?

delems

Or maybe stop trying to find band aides that will never work, and just fix the problem?

ZEBBEEE
29 minutes ago, saffroli said:

If it needs to have someone in a contested CP then it should reduce the reset speed the more cps you have in a contested town, rather than the other way around.

that is exactly what option 1 is about.

21 minutes ago, tater said:

The auto-reset could be a function of AO vs DO?

Underpop has the facilities reset faster on defense, and slower on attack

that is exactly what option 2 is about. 

tater
37 minutes ago, ZEBBEEE said:

that is exactly what option 2 is about. 

That's what I thought, but it wasn't entirely clear to me.

• Like 1

Jsilec

Same guys spouting comms and organization are all sitting defense while overpop on a funday Sunday afternoon while aoing val and brussels....haha

sorella
34 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

Same guys spouting comms and organization are all sitting defense while overpop on a funday Sunday afternoon while aoing val and brussels....haha

yeah. unfair this thread got so off-topic to side/comms stuff etc when what's required is a mechanic to better balance tz3 pop/rolls. 

Dre21
1 hour ago, Jsilec said:

You guys had AO on Brakel and Halle , and kept attacking Bohain FBs, 

I kept taking down Bohain Allied FMS on FBs then defended Bohain LeCat CP while you guys had that one FB we Aoed Val and Brussels , captured CPS in Val and Brussels took The Brussels Halle FB and Brakel FB while you guys had to make a choice of Brussels, Val and there were 2 other towns we had AO on .

You guys broke off all attack AOs and were in defend mode in Val and Brussels guess how that came to be ? 

Comms, guess who got it organized  , myself so there you be . And if you need more proof about comms, a player that left our squad just rejoined ,he left cause he wanted to play both sides . Did 4 days as Allied and had enough . I took screen shots to proof my point. You want to see the conversation ? In other words you guys lost another player cause of no comms , but what do I know.

When I logged in Allies were OP and Axis in defend mode , now Axis are in Attack mode Allies defending . 

So let's get the story strait please. 

zippy33
7 minutes ago, dre21 said:

You guys had AO on Brakel and Halle , and kept attacking Bohain FBs, 

I kept taking down Bohain Allied FMS on FBs then defended Bohain LeCat CP while you guys had that one FB we Aoed Val and Brussels , captured CPS in Val and Brussels took The Brussels Halle FB and Brakel FB while you guys had to make a choice of Brussels, Val and there were 2 other towns we had AO on .

You guys broke off all attack AOs and were in defend mode in Val and Brussels guess how that came to be ? 

Comms, guess who got it organized  , myself so there you be . And if you need more proof about comms, a player that left our squad just rejoined ,he left cause he wanted to play both sides . Did 4 days as Allied and had enough . I took screen shots to proof my point. You want to see the conversation ? In other words you guys lost another player cause of no comms , but what do I know.

When I logged in Allies were OP and Axis in defend mode , now Axis are in Attack mode Allies defending . 

So let's get the story strait please. 

Dear diary...

Jsilec
1 hour ago, sorella said:

yeah. unfair this thread got so off-topic to side/comms stuff etc when what's required is a mechanic to better balance tz3 pop/rolls. 

Nice fb bust

Dre21
9 minutes ago, zippy33 said:

Dear diary...

You can take it as you see fit . Tired of the head in the sand attitude. Either one wants solutions or one wants to keep coming into forum and rehash the same thing over again.

Jsilec

So that player that swapped is your PROOF of what exactly?...i love these i know a guy posts i would imagine its someone who instead of actually doing something to help is just gonna to hop on with the overpop pile on side and thats the guys who you take as proof....is this the slickie1 guy again or some other who gives zero comms but runs to the other side and says “they” dont give comms?...bout time u guys attacked after allies  took ninove and hit halle i thought u guys fell asleep in your turtleshell again

zippy33
13 minutes ago, dre21 said:

You can take it as you see fit . Tired of the head in the sand attitude. Either one wants solutions or one wants to keep coming into forum and rehash the same thing over again.

You forgot the 3rd option... Stuka suicide

Glorious!

Dre21
5 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

So that player that swapped is your PROOF of what exactly?...i love these i know a guy posts i would imagine its someone who instead of actually doing something to help is just gonna to hop on with the overpop pile on side and thats the guys who you take as proof....is this the slickie1 guy again or some other who gives zero comms but runs to the other side and says “they” dont give comms?...bout time u guys attacked after allies  took ninove and hit halle i thought u guys fell asleep in your turtleshell again

You know what I tried to help but you just don't want to hear it . No a player that came back to the game , a player I recruited to the squad then told me he is leaving cause he wants to play both sides , which is fine by me . Just to come back . I asked why he came back Axis . Just asked, didn't go OMG yes these guys suck nothing ,just wanted his honest opinion. 

He is back in the fold now with the Squad , asked if he wants to rejoin cause we are an Axis only Squad and one needs to leave Squad if one want to play Allied in Campaign . 

His response was he is done with that train wreck and joined up again..

So take it as you wish and make up your own excuse . 

And GM gave you guys Ninove cause of a spawn issue so I was told . I just logged in when the town was rewarded via a GM.

All I saw was the chat bar and the GM switching town to Allied.

zippy33
12 minutes ago, dre21 said:

You know what I tried to help but you just don't want to hear it . No a player that came back to the game , a player I recruited to the squad then told me he is leaving cause he wants to play both sides , which is fine by me . Just to come back . I asked why he came back Axis . Just asked, didn't go OMG yes these guys suck nothing ,just wanted his honest opinion. 

He is back in the fold now with the Squad , asked if he wants to rejoin cause we are an Axis only Squad and one needs to leave Squad if one want to play Allied in Campaign . 

And GM gave you guys Ninove cause of a spawn issue so I was told . I just logged in when the town was rewarded via a GM.

think the question you need to ask yourself is why did a player you recruited want to leave to play on the other side as you. We should discuss this from this point onwards

Jsilec
8 minutes ago, dre21 said:

This train wreck took a few towns yesterday so i can see why your side might get scurred when we go bat shat crazy and take towns without talking or communicating...we use grunts and sign language so not to interrupt the awesome axis comms and organization we witness

• Like 2

saffroli
3 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

This train wreck took a few towns yesterday so i can see why your side might get scurred when we go bat shat crazy and take towns without talking or communicating...we use grunts and sign language so not to interrupt the awesome axis comms and organization we witness

It's what happens when your guys actually spawn in... guess what? You can compete! It's a revelation!

Kilemall
11 minutes ago, saffroli said:

It's what happens when your guys actually spawn in... guess what? You can compete! It's a revelation!

Ya neat- too bad Allies sleep when the Axis vampires strike.

Jsilec
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, saffroli said:

So its not awesome axis comms and organization anymore?...ffs i trying to take notes here and this guy keeps making me backtrack

Edited by Jsilec

zippy33
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Ya neat- too bad Allies sleep when the Axis vampires strike.

You might have indirectly solved this whole issue... Guess all that is required is to replace Allied infantry spawn lists with silver knives, stakes and garlic. As for the armour, well, replace the tank guns with flamethrowers and holy water canons. That should fix everything should it not? Look at you Kile, being useful for once

Edited by zippy33

saffroli
21 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

So its not awesome axis comms and organization anymore?...ffs i trying to take notes here and this guy keeps making me backtrack

You still don't get it? 

Why is allied side de-populated during TZ3. The answer in many eyes is poor comms. Has nothing to do with allied squad ops during prime time does it?

Jsilec
20 minutes ago, saffroli said:

You still don't get it? 

Why is allied side de-populated during TZ3. The answer in many eyes is poor comms. Has nothing to do with allied squad ops during prime time does it?

I think your arguing something that in some way makes you content that your beating up the same 4 guys every night?....you keep it up and when the map starts going the other way i will keep looking for you so dont go mia 

B2K

This will be the only warning to keep it civil.... Y'all frequently complain that we close posts 'to early' - the direction this is going is why.  

Kilemall
24 minutes ago, saffroli said:

You still don't get it? 

I agree absolutely that it's comms HC and team play issues.

What you guys NEVER get is that it's the wearing play of horrid pop imbalances that BREAKS the vet officers and players, one by one, and most of them don't come back.

Nor apparently ever give a crap about.

• Like 5

Kilemall
59 minutes ago, zippy33 said:

You might have indirectly solved this whole issue... Guess all that is required is to replace Allied infantry spawn lists with silver knives, stakes and garlic. As for the armour, well, replace the tank guns with flamethrowers and holy water canons. That should fix everything should it not? Look at you Kile, being useful for once

Abe Lincoln would know what to do.