Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Jsilec

Is it boring?

saffroli
8 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

I think your arguing something that in some way makes you content that your beating up the same 4 guys every night?....you keep it up and when the map starts going the other way i will keep looking for you so dont go mia 

Look, I've said it before it don't feel good when it happens but I ain't on TZ3 every time either.
Some days there's enough allies on to make a difference, other times there isn't. It's not like literally every TZ3 is an instant roll fest, because it's not, though, most are even so there's an immediate resistance and then it just starts to fall apart after the first 1 or 2 towns get taken.

We don't have to mis-characterize each other to win arguments.
Yet it keeps coming back to you saying that I somehow enjoy whaling on the same small number of people? Cos I really don't.
What else can an individual do? Let them run off and be killed by someone else instantly anyway? What's the point, the result is the same only difference is, I was there first, so the kill is owed to me rather than someone else who didn't have immediate tactical or reactional advantage.

Sure if I'm camping a spawn point and people keep spawning during prime time, then that's on them. However, when helping a team during TZ3 you might get 10 kills per that timezone and it just so happens to be the same few guys, only difference is you killed them all over town, not just at spawn and that's why it feels bad.

Bet you assume that I think its funny and laugh my [censored] off about sockin 3 guys repeatidly, its the absolute opposite. I reached out to a few of those people that I felt bad for, one of whom is your squadmates to which I didn't get a response. Don't try to gloss over the fact that I've made efforts to let it be known that it ain't all rosey in the garden during PZ3.

I respect the hell out of TZ3 allies for logging in with a good idea they are going to get hammered and I've said it here on forum before, and in discord and to individual people too. What do I have to gain by saying this stuff if I didn't mean it? I'd just be wasting my time then.

Nothing personal here bud

Back on topic : I strongly believe that comms or not, the allies have a MORALE issue during TZ3. Like when Liverpool are multiple goals down in European football. The opposition, advantage or not, KNOWS the history of the comebacks and just slowly by slowly capitulate regardless of how good they are on the night, or what the score was. It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more people say axis roll TZ3, the more it will happen. Obviously its not going to magically disappear if everyone just pretends it never happened/happens but I'm sure you can see my point. 

If you log in knowing you're going to lose, then... you're going to lose.

saffroli
23 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

What you guys NEVER get is that it's the wearing play of horrid pop imbalances that BREAKS the vet officers and players, one by one, and most of them don't come back.

Nor apparently ever give a crap about.

Neither is true.

Axis players understand completely.

But when it happens on axis side I don't tell the allies to log out to balance it out off their own backs. You just can't expect people to behave that way.

Dre21
2 hours ago, zippy33 said:

think the question you need to ask yourself is why did a player you recruited want to leave to play on the other side as you. We should discuss this from this point onwards

i explained  it already he wanted to play both sides and not be tied down to an axis only squad .   Now he is back as axis only is that enough of a clear explanation ? No more player that wanted to play both sides,  Now he is axis only  and not a green tag either but a returning player that could have helped.   I'm wondering if some of you guys don't really care but only come in here to to poke people and make fun of them .

Kilemall
2 hours ago, saffroli said:

Neither is true.

Axis players understand completely.

But when it happens on axis side I don't tell the allies to log out to balance it out off their own backs. You just can't expect people to behave that way.

Oh sure, or Delems' Spawn Gate solution.  That just makes sure we have total less people in general.

I'm looking for ways to make underpop/lowpop guys do more, without the driving people away part.

Thing is, this situation spills over into the other TZs so it ends up driving off other people who fight well and take towns and it doesn't matter and a sense of the whole side didn't have a chance.

That's why I want to get to Pop Neutrality, and more importantly avoid the Cycle of Suck, which happens because of this and also because of spawnlist/equipment issues.

It's a neverending thing inherent to the nature of the game.

• Like 1

zippy33
4 hours ago, dre21 said:

i explained  it already he wanted to play both sides and not be tied down to an axis only squad .   Now he is back as axis only is that enough of a clear explanation ? No more player that wanted to play both sides,  Now he is axis only  and not a green tag either but a returning player that could have helped.   I'm wondering if some of you guys don't really care but only come in here to to poke people and make fun of them .

When did you start developing these feelings? 

zippy33
5 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Abe Lincoln would know what to do.

No wonder the dude always tops the polls being the best American president...

bus0

131 000 more TOM enhanced by tz3, and no Tiger effect yet, this keeps getting better.

N8

i haven't been in game for a bit, what i miss?

zippy33
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, n8 said:

i haven't been in game for a bit, what i miss?

Well you've missed quite a lot with this new patch. Here, I'll make a list to be helpful because that is just who I am. Stuck on that 2 foot high protrusion jutting out of the ground? Now, you can simply jump over.

1) Jumping was added in-game (default spacebar). Now instead of being stuck on a riverbank, one can jump up onto land.

2) STG44 and M1 Carbine is in closed-beta test. All trusted members of the community were given closed beta access a week ago.

3) Axis will be getting the Ar 234 shortly along with JU-88. That should help the Allies gain ground for a bit as all the Axis take to the air in their new planes.

A few other little things too, but not important enough to mention.

Edited by zippy33

sorella
6 hours ago, zippy33 said:

When did you start developing these feelings? 

thank you for this. 

The Best of Matrix Memes (19 photos) (With images) | Keanu reeves ...  

N8
14 minutes ago, zippy33 said:

Well you've missed quite a lot with this new patch. Here, I'll make a list to be helpful because that is just who I am. Stuck on that 2 foot high protrusion jutting out of the ground? Now, you can simply jump over.

1) Jumping was added in-game (default spacebar). Now instead of being stuck on a riverbank, one can jump up onto land.

2) STG44 and M1 Carbine is in closed-beta test. All trusted members of the community were given closed beta access a week ago.

3) Axis will be getting the Ar 234 shortly along with JU-88. That should help the Allies gain ground for a bit as all the Axis take to the air in their new planes.

.?!?!?!?!

8 minutes ago, sorella said:

thank you for this. 

o_o

zippy33
1 hour ago, sorella said:

thank you for this. 

and you, for this...

Tom Holland Did Rihanna's "Umbrella" Choreography And People Can't ...

coastal

CRS, 

BEFORE any future subscription changes, put a plan together to phase in subscription options where players pay an INCREASED subscription amount for the privilege of picking the side they want to play on EVERYTIME they log in.

Give New Squaddies one initial 1-6 month trial without the increased subscription fee for the FIRST squad they join.

Everyone else gets to join the underpop side when they login.

Think about it!!  I am sure that a core of players would object to this but the phase-in plan gives them their decision point just like any subscription change does.

This argument has been going on since the first few years of this game.  I would love to see their argument nullified by a balanced server pop.

zippy33
2 hours ago, choad said:

Zippy accidentally killed kgarner (a freak ball gag accident .... let's just leave it at that) and is now operating under a new assumed name zippy33.

kgarner.jpg

(last known photo of the real zippy and kgarner ... may he rest in peace)

Dunno who this plain Zippy guy is, but he looks strong. Or looked I should say. Seems like he carried a lot of people.

bogol
9 hours ago, zippy33 said:

Good to know I am not trusted. Oh wait :P 

zippy33
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, bogol said:

Good to know I am not trusted. Oh wait :P 

Who needs their trust when you have my love, wingman <3

Titanic GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by zippy33

kilswitch
Posted (edited)

From a new players perspective who "attempts" to play in TZ3 (being Australian), I can say the Allied comms is minimal if not zero, in game or in discord. One night recently I spent 6 hours in discord sitting in the "New Player General" voice channel. I didn't have anyone else join. In fact at one stage there was one of those mythical "Trainer" guys (I won't name who it was) who joined voice comms in a seperate channel, alone; and didn't think (or look) to reach out to the new player willing to learn the game.

I also spent a couple of weeks looking for a Squad to join. The squad sub-forum section is being decommissioned which will help, because some of those Squads haven't had an active player in them since 2011. I posted a "looking for Squad" message and generally just kept an eye on discord in my TZ looking to choose a Squad from that. Most of the responses I got were from US timezone squads who said they had players in TZ3.... well they certainly aren't on discord in that TZ.

I happened to speak to one other Australian guy (whilst I was working) and later his Squad was broadcasted in game looking for recruits, so I jumped even knowing that most aren't playing in TZ3. But who is? They seem helpful and organised, I think it'll work out.

So my point is, regardless of any mechanics in the game, there is a massive hole in the recruitment and effort toward retaining new players in TZ3. Even running around in game as a Squadless recruit, no one reached out and asked if I needed some help. I was even criticised about my game play once in Allied chat, only to respond with "I have no [censored] idea what I am doing!!" and still didn't receive any help. /shrug

Luckily I'm just persistant (or am I?? We'll see). Most people aren't and would either just quit the game or have a look at the AXIS side.  I have no experience as to what the AXIS are doing to counter the same issue, if at all. 

My 2cents.

Kil.

Edited by kilswitch

Jsilec

I cant imagine it being easy to supply comms and train new players when your so outnumbered that the basics aren’t even being addressed or covered...keep plugging away this game has a steep learning curve no matter what tz you play

• Like 1

bogol
3 hours ago, zippy33 said:

Who needs their trust when you have my love, wingman <3

Titanic GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Git ur [censored] in gear! Now. FW preferably! Meeeeeeeawwwww

sorella
19 minutes ago, kilswitch said:

Luckily I'm just persistant (or am I?? We'll see). Most people aren't and would either just quit the game or have a look at the AXIS side.  I have no experience as to what the AXIS are doing to counter the same issue, if at all. 

My 2cents.

Kil.

thx for your post Kilswitch. always eye-opening to hear from new players on either side. hope your experience improves. maybe 'switching' tzs a bit might help in the next while. 

goreblimey
26 minutes ago, sorella said:

thx for your post Kilswitch. always eye-opening to hear from new players on either side. hope your experience improves. maybe 'switching' tzs a bit might help in the next while. 

Hey Kil S!.

Sadly you are an exception to most green tags, you actually communicated with your team. I'll generalize but 90% of new players either cant or wont respond. The vets need to be pretty keen to keep cold calling when there up to their own necks in a scrap.

Just as an example in the last week weve turned on our recruit flags in the squad.... i think of those that have auto joined weve had maybe 1 guy return chat ....i dont know if their primary language isnt english or the chat bar is disabled .

1) id make the chat bar permanent ...

2) be nice to display a language tag against the players name 

• Like 1

saffroli
Just now, goreblimey said:

2) be nice to display a language tag against the players name 

Or maybe just when you .who them

• Like 2

TEX64

!S, KILSWITCH -

GREAT first post and you bring up some valid points.  The game is tough so don't be shy and keep grinding! 

Here is the Steam Manual for the game - https://store.steampowered.com/manual/251950

Basic Overview of the Game - https://store.steampowered.com/manual/251950

Basic Tactical / Strategic Guide - http://wwiionline.net/91st_Basic.pdf

There are other good tools out there, too.  Also, use your OFF-LINE mode of the game, too, so you can see how the gear works, work on marksmanship, etc . . .

Welcome to our community!

tex

• Like 1

kilswitch

Thanks for the kind replies. I will keep grinding and learning.

In regards to new players (green tags?), I understand that it would get disheartening for the vets to keep reaching out and getting no response, but I would consider it more disheartening if you weren't reaching out and losing people who could be valuable members of the community. People are often shy (unlike most American's /wink), so reach out and if you don't get a response, reach out tomorrow. Once they find their feet a little and realise they need some assistance they might then respond. If they don't its not personal.

Although I'm no vet, it would be hypocritical of me not to follow my own suggestions, so I will help out and play my part where I can also.

Kil

ZEBBEEE

@kilswitch I started to compile a game manual that will help any new player (and returning veteran) understand our current gameplay. Have a read, it is definitely worth a few hours of training discussions on discord: https://store.steampowered.com/manual/251950