Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Jsilec

Is it boring?

jwilly

I still think the solution is to evaluate pop very locally and quickly, and provide additional lethality...lots more, in the form of FF=on artillery missions...for the locally-right-now underpop side.

• Like 1

goreblimey
32 minutes ago, delems said:

*** Are you ready to have a 1.3:1 spawn queue?  Don't think so. 

Basically yes.  First map go 2 to 1; next map go 3 to 2.

You are talking 3 hours of 2 to 1 and 5 hours of 3 to 2 population based on campaign charts.

The idea is to stem the losses for those 3-5 hours, so the other 19 hours (and 5x population base) can actually have fun and take towns.

Regardless, hope you are right, as for me; I find the game less fun now.  I'm tired of 7 min capture timers, SD and Enter World bug.

Lets face it at 3:1 plus . There is for all intents no side delay , because you don’t get killed, cap timers are not 7(actually 6 ) minutes because you have multiple bodies capping. 

That being said massive over pop for a few hours is again killing this game, or at least the grand campaign aspect of it.

As to it being boring...absolutely. And potty be nice to cut back on the number of accounts , I wouldn’t have to waste 5 clips trying to kill them.

• Like 3

sorella
36 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

Lets face it at 3:1 plus . There is for all intents no side delay , because you don’t get killed, cap timers are not 7(actually 6 ) minutes because you have multiple bodies capping. 

That being said massive over pop for a few hours is again killing this game, or at least the grand campaign aspect of it.

As to it being boring...absolutely. 

3:1 plus yes - SD is there and boring but Gore is right - even at 2:1 lowpop if one side does not show up (morale, boredom, disgust) for alamo/slow down defense (as per parasit and pott for example) its a roll for as long as it, the underpop,  lasts usually. 

on the crs side; until/unless some of the suggestions here are tried or tested  and/or until/unless an underpop algorithm simply limits the number of towns cappable in a row during underpop or a specific tz or there is some sort of town cap SD (like 1 town an hour during 3-1+ overpop) instead of player/side SD - what is a single player or small squad to do? to wit:

• not log in during tz3 or a presumed 'regular' overpop time?
  • adjust one's playing time to consider the other side and for the good of the game?
  • switch sides mid campaign when rolls become obvious? 
  • not log in (either side) as campaigns grind usually obviously to an end?
  • only, scout's honour, log in if the log in screen says 'balanced'?
  • log in whenever you log in and play to do the best you can for the side you're on for the campaign and make stuff up to have fun

dunno. last option is simplest, most natural and seems to make sense until the higher-ups see fit to figure out or test workarounds. once every 3-4 map wins in a row rolls some players and squads, including mine, switch sides for 1 or more maps - not sure if this is better or worse than all the crs mechanics and player attempts to micro-balance tzs. 

I do like the massive artillery availability to the underpop side as suggested by Jwilly. 

raptor34

Man this debate just goes around and around over the years. When I played, I just fought as well as I could and didn’t worry about the rest. Numbers can win campaigns, always will. That’s the wargame part. More people playing, more players to help out with the problem. Otherwise this community spends hours and hours discussing how to make things population balanced when that just doesn’t happen. IMO, capture should be area based, straight forward, and rewarding of teamwork. Let the players figure out the rest. 

Hell, I’d argue that the only timer should be one that is based on the mission result. RTB, no or min timer - MIA, longer timer - KIA, the longest timer. If you take losses on the attack, it’s going to be harder to take the position, even with overpop. If you are under pop and defending but don’t set up well, you will also lose quickly. 

And if numbers are so vital, then lock capture unless a certain number are on. I still love this project, but this debate is the same as it has been for years.

sorella
1 hour ago, raptor34 said:

Man this debate just goes around and around over the years. When I played, I just fought as well as I could and didn’t worry about the rest. Numbers can win campaigns, always will. That’s the wargame part. More people playing, more players to help out with the problem. Otherwise this community spends hours and hours discussing how to make things population balanced when that just doesn’t happen. IMO, capture should be area based, straight forward, and rewarding of teamwork. Let the players figure out the rest. 

Hell, I’d argue that the only timer should be one that is based on the mission result. RTB, no or min timer - MIA, longer timer - KIA, the longest timer. If you take losses on the attack, it’s going to be harder to take the position, even with overpop. If you are under pop and defending but don’t set up well, you will also lose quickly. 

And if numbers are so vital, then lock capture unless a certain number are on. I still love this project, but this debate is the same as it has been for years.

+10/ nutshell.

• Like 1

dre21

Just taking a shot in the dark but how about in TZ3 whenever that is the underpop side has no spawn restrictions.  Maybe that gives the players especially the new players a reason to stay in game. 

I think it's no fun as a new player choosing the underpop side in TZ3 and getting rolled by everything while you can only spawn in a few Rifles and SMG and a few tanks.  At least it gives the underpop side another player with teeth.

• Like 2

potthead
16 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Great attitude and you more then anyone are getting the TZ3 Axis to success, I'm sure.

BUT.

What about your opponents on TZ3, who don't have a Potthead?  Or other TZs where you wouldn't have the time to organize and push like you do cause they are under stress the whole time?

I would like underpop Axis to be able to push as much as underpop Allies on TZ3, but the game inherently does tilt towards numbers winning, and it takes heroic leadership to turn it around.

When you run out of heroic leadership, then what?

I don't know what to say ,...  i suppose u lose until enough losing make u stand up and be a hero? ... like Augetout did a few maps ago for Allies... and many many many have done on both sides over the years! You have probably been one of those many times, i know for various reasons you wont do it again, but that doesnt mean others wont apear...Toro15 years ago in Axis....  Fiambre .... Tman ... Westy .. Martigan..Karelean and the least goes on and on 

Nothing bring out the what you are made of more than when u are cornered with all odds against you. What is it.. something in Art of War says dont corner your enemy to absolute desperation .. give them a way to run away ...  point is when people get mad enough from losing.. they STEP UP .. hc and players alike... that along with a little bit of victory tax (Which i think should be an OPEN/ official thing) which leads to no side loosing for more than a few months in a row...  

in WWIIONLINE Heroes rise from the ASHES And RUINS of defeat .... on both sides of the isle! I am only a cheer leader and engage few players to make it fun for all of us ...  I would never disrepect my foe by taking it easy on them as I never want to be disrepcted in such a way myself.. if I have less number, [censored] me hard, but be prepared to face my wrath as I will spend day, weeks, months if it takes to engage others little by little, make relationships by picking ways to provide FUN And success in a small scale.. i.e. do only defense and  guerrilla warfare FB busts (even if it is with gliders to make it FUN) attacks small towns that may have no strategic value but can be won.... do little by little damage and [censored]-block and take even holiday days to make weekends longer to have MORE FUN and participate in my hobbie which is being  Cabeza de Perro of wwiionline to my Spanish friends or be the Valhalla warrior or Khaleesee Dragon rider or whatever entertains the crew online and gives us a giggle even if we are losing the war!! 

We will damage until we have enough force gathered to find the weak moment when enemy is confident and complacent and engage hit them where it hurts and hopefully turn the tide to bring in more TIME ON MISSION from EACH PLAYER and infest them with positive attitude to FIGHT -- those are times where you will never find me complaining about anything on the forum.. those are times of desperation and WAR where pottheads must unite even if they are last soldiers online.. and die enough to inspire others to join and stand up.. whatever it takes, NEVER surrender, NEVER bow your foe WAR ... NEVER ask for HELP ... :) this is a WAR GAME After all .. do that all intermission :)

I hope i dont sound negative or imply by any chance allies are giving up becuase they ABSOLULTY have not... that guy Jworna has not ... that guy SW1 has not... they are just to busy doing above and rebuilding the side for when bongohed rises to join them and ejoy fruits of their labour for months and have fun along side them ...

ROLEPLAY is absolute CORE of this game... stop trying to be a FPS / World of Tanks / World of ships or Thunderplane ace or whatever else... this is WWIIONLINE ... a Multiplayer-online - role playing game (which aspires to be massive and has been massive at points.... we can make it massive again .. just have to "rub the right places" ;) it is only in this game where u CAN FEEL DEFEATED enough to do crazy things and feel SO THRILLED from victory to endure defeat and come back to get the TASTE of sweet victory which comes at the end from breaking your enemy down as they try to do same to you to submission .. emotionally at-least, like boxing, MMA .. OR .. coincidentally WAR which we are trying to simulate and role play to the BEST OF our ABILITY the FEEL ... the ROLE PLAY of WAR - hence some feel of realism along with balanced game- play ( i hate changes in supply that are due to history mainly for example and disregard what it does to game play .. like no m10 and then Tigers? WTF... like semi autos vs normal rifles? wtf.... . and I can go on and on for both sides.. they used to be quite fair and fun reasonable a couple of years back and then i dont know what happens..  i guess enough forum complains from the loosing side instead of doing what is needed to get more TIME ON MISSION from their existing population which is ALWAYS the same in the LONG term on both sides.  Grease gun got audited lets say probably single handedly thanks to Delems.... LMGs changed how they fought (which this one sort of makes sense and has put LMG in better use in hand of PROS and enthusiat) but nevertheless was a forum reaction (from my opinion anways) ... Pak38 and 3H sort of showed up ... why? Matilda whines? :) .... 

my 2 million cents on the subject .. 

S! - good night. 

I only wrote this for u @kilemall don't think anyone else will read it from either side as the same what it takes to come back from ashes.. for many it is Too long to invest time on  - there are equal amount of both on Axis and Allies side (thank goodness .ignore if i may ask kindly for it to be limitless please as it is hard to decide who is less of a wanker sometimes)  for others read it I didnt mean YOU :) 

• Like 4

zippy33

Despite all the ideas being thrown around, everyone knows what the real solution is. 

Potthead and potthead2 play Axis, while potthead3 and potthead4 play Allied. There! All TZ3 problems fixed! 

drkmouse
47 minutes ago, zippy33 said:

Despite all the ideas being thrown around, everyone knows what the real solution is. 

Potthead and potthead2 play Axis, while potthead3 and potthead4 play Allied. There! All TZ3 problems fixed! 

waht about  5 and   6 ?

zippy33
1 hour ago, drkmouse said:

waht about  5 and   6 ?

Wait till CRS finally puts in North Africa. Then plonk em in there :D 

One can go there on his motorcycle, while the other one chutes in with their parachuting dog

Edited by zippy33

B2K
5 hours ago, zippy33 said:

Wait till CRS finally puts in North Africa. Then plonk em in there :D 

One can go there on his motorcycle, while the other one chutes in with their parachuting dog

nah, they can be the gm's

that way when 4 reports 3 for being a spy for 2, 5 can observe and take action against 0.

One side had their spy, the other found it, and the GM's got to ban someone - everyone wins. 

• Like 2

nc0gnet0
13 hours ago, dre21 said:

Just taking a shot in the dark but how about in TZ3 whenever that is the underpop side has no spawn restrictions.  Maybe that gives the players especially the new players a reason to stay in game. 

I think it's no fun as a new player choosing the underpop side in TZ3 and getting rolled by everything while you can only spawn in a few Rifles and SMG and a few tanks.  At least it gives the underpop side another player with teeth.

To add to this why not up-tier a severely underpopped side? 

moetow

Gonna log in later and roll 30 towns because of this thread. 

Poker

2 squaddies confirmed to me last night that they’ve subbed up to premium (one new, one WBS). This is because we are working very hard when online to ensure those carrying our tag are enjoying the game first and foremost.

Of course, much harder when in low pop however emphasis on squad play has always been the winner. I’m confident in saying that we have contributed strongly to the monthly revenue of CRS over the last ten plus years (as have others) as it’s squads, team play and “the craic” that keeps players logging in and subscribed.

Lots of lone wolves and low-number squads (so effectively lone wolves) running around in game, definitely on the Allied side. Be interesting to debate a smart strategy in consolidating.

Edited by Poker

dropbear

I concur..but considering the allies discord channel is empty in tz3 and we don't have hc online for hours at a time, what effect would this have? It always comes down to the very few to even bother making a mission in a spawnable before it gets capped. There is just no fight in the vast majority of tz3 allies. The majority won't mark, won't reply, some don't even move during an entire defence - almost as if they are second accounts.

I challenge any impartial judge of the game to watch via the CRS spy in the sky and still expect players to pay for this gameplay.

Jsilec

At least you guys could finish this map off soon since the rest of the tzs have pretty much thrown in the towel on organizing much activity outside of fb busts and defense....BORING thanks again lowpop

zippy33
1 hour ago, Jsilec said:

At least you guys could finish this map off soon since the rest of the tzs have pretty much thrown in the towel on organizing much activity outside of fb busts and defense....BORING thanks again lowpop

Time for you to take up flying...

Here, I'll make you an offer. If you can get 50 a2a kills in a fighter this map, I'll resub and contribute to Allied TZ3 defence everyday...

Edited by zippy33

Jsilec
45 minutes ago, zippy33 said:

Time for you to take up flying...

Here, I'll make you an offer. If you can get 50 a2a kills in a fighter this map, I'll resub and contribute to Allied TZ3 defence everyday...

Neva!!

undercova

Rolling allies in TZ3 is fun ... period :)

Rest of the day becomes more and more a pain in the a$$ because of the bug and lag issues in this game. and with 64 bit client plus server move it has risen to an extreme annoying level !!

only TZ3 fun keeps me ingame/subbed ... for now ... 

dropbear

If this post is serious then Houston..err Portland - we have a problem!

Jsilec
56 minutes ago, undercova said:

Rolling allies in TZ3 is fun ... period :)

Rest of the day becomes more and more a pain in the a$$ because of the bug and lag issues in this game. and with 64 bit client plus server move it has risen to an extreme annoying level !!

only TZ3 fun keeps me ingame/subbed ... for now ... 

Such a predictable comment from you

• Like 1

Kilemall
On 5/29/2020 at 4:08 PM, Jsilec said:

Such a predictable comment from you

Good thing he's not that Bronco guy, Bronco got the Iron Croissant award for demoralizing his side.  Completely different approach here.

moetow

"is it boring?"

Yes, it's why I switched. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

odolf
On 5/15/2020 at 9:55 AM, Jsilec said:

Cap almost empty towns overnight every night for weeks at a time?...cant u guys fight each other to at least pretend lowpop is a competition?

Even weeks later same thing, I’v had to take more chances just to get more action, but for the most part it’s been real slow.

That and since the new version my latency went from 50m to like 80ms and got lag for the first time in forever. 

Thinking about giving “Hell Let Loose” a shot, it’s becoming less fun to play this lately.

mariposa

Bump.