Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

blggles

Universal Carrier = Big Ticket Item?

blggles

I'm having intuitions about this thing. An army marches on its stomach, and the closest thing to marching troops in game is setting an FMS, and this thing sets, and all though its probably very vulnerable, it ain't no beddy - it s got armor, a vickers with 250 round belts, and a bren. I foresee significantly more allies setting, towing, and supporting. The carrier is, for armor, quick, and just looks fun. Great support vehicle addition for allies, could have a real impact.

How is it in testing?

XOOM

Newsflash: The German 251 HT can already deploy these. It's an equivalent to that. The UC variant which deploys the mobile spawn will not included the Vickers MG on it, just the front facing bren gun.

blggles

Gotcha, stills sounds more fun than the beddy. 

blggles

Ok, went and reread the old update about the carrier. Saw it specifically mentions two variants. Probably hadn't read it through. Sorry, my bad. Still a good deal. Carry on.

blggles

Saw them using the 2" mortar in the carrier training film as a cannon - at low angle, and firing via some sort of trigger - didn't realize they could be fired that way. Would be fun to throw rounds through the windows. 

If there's any unit that screams for the ability of crew to dismount this is it. Ought to be a great unit for inf squads.

Jsilec

Smoke mortar rounds? And if so how many?

blggles

They were firing HE & smoke, the wind really helped make a good wide screen. Could carry 350+ rounds!

Seriously . . .

Actually I forget.

dropbear
On 17/05/2020 at 4:44 AM, blggles said:

Saw them using the 2" mortar in the carrier training film as a cannon - at low angle, and firing via some sort of trigger - didn't realize they could be fired that way. Would be fun to throw rounds through the windows. 

If there's any unit that screams for the ability of crew to dismount this is it. Ought to be a great unit for inf squads.

My great uncle claimed this was SOP in North Africa when they were raiding supply depots and airfields.  The Brits used gunned up jeeps and the Aussies had the side firing mortar/cannons, lmgs, and a boyes up front.

Back when men had a set!!

Edited by dropbear
Autocorrect is the devils work!

blggles

Interesting.

Edited by blggles