Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

yankee00

Returning after many years

yankee00

I have decided to try this game again now that my daughter is 11.  It has been about 10 years since I last played.  Unfortunately, my old Sidewinder2 joystick has bitten the dust and am looking for suggestions on a replacement.  I typically fight Army, and do not want to spend a buttload of money.  Any thoughts?

blipoop

I've been using a logitech extreme 3D Pro for about 10 years I'd say. It has served me very well but I had to take it apart for a little cleaning as the tracking was gone AWOL - it's working perfectly again now though. I'm looking at the Thrustmaster T.16000M i think it's called, just a change really.

• Like 1

B2K

Welcome back -  if you' re not flying you could always setup your key bindings for mouse/keyboard turret.  Takes a bit to get used to, but i've grown to like it...

yankee00

I thought I remembered being able to move my infantry and sappers via keyboard, but the keymapper has definitely changed since I last played.

sorella
1 hour ago, yankee00 said:

I thought I remembered being able to move my infantry and sappers via keyboard, but the keymapper has definitely changed since I last played.

welcome back. try the keymapper (hotkey p when spawned in) and rebind however you want including (I think) mouse clicks and joysticks. S! 

Kilemall

I'd say it depends on how serious you are about the joystick or no.

I'm casual flight- more serious gunner/tanker, so I use the Thrustmaster cheaper HOTAS.  My version is old, looks like they have one now for Windows/PS4 and another for Windows/Xbox-

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-4-playstation/dp/B07DLKVKD5/ref=sr_1_23?dchild=1&keywords=thrustmaster+hotas&qid=1590516244&s=electronics&sr=1-23

It's a little squirrely now after some abuse in the rudder twist but I'm keymapping to compensate.  I'd hit the hangar for higher end gear advice.