Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

zippy33

Stg44

DOC
Posted (edited)

I think what some posters are missing is conceptual or perceptual in nature. The StG44 is clearly being approached (in modelling) through a new process that has produced a more desirable model than the previous weapons modeled in earlier iterations of small arms in WWIIOL were.

So you either understand that it will behave in a better manner than the others, which when remodeled using the new process will also improve in their behavior ... or you model the StG44 the old way so that it matches the older models better. Which is clearly not a good choice, although it might make a happier balance until you can model them all the same way. You could of course just hold it back from release until they are all done, but that is probably conductive to creating other pressures for CRS.

So while transition periods like this are difficult for many, if not all concerned ... it's clear to me that when all the small arms are modeled through the same process you will arrive at that better place where you seek to be; it just hurts while you are getting there.

Edited by DOC
  • Like 5

HATCH
26 minutes ago, DOC said:

The StG44 is clearly being approached (in modelling) through a new process that has produced a more desirable model than the previous weapons modeled in earlier iterations of small arms in WWIIOL were.

<snip!>

So while transition periods like this are difficult for many, if not all concerned ... it's clear to me that when all the small arms are modeled through the same process you will arrive at that better place where you seek to be; it just hurts while you are getting there.

Hey Doc! Long time no see!

Hence only three of them at rank 7 being available in the last tier, and the requested "small arms poll" by @ZEBBEEE to let them tell us the worst offenders, so they can be prioritized by player request, so that I can run the most prioritized through the new standard and keep as many "campers" as happy as possible...

DOC
Posted (edited)

Been keeping a low profile as a result of several things mate. The current cirbodilyfluidstances we are all in (well most of us) and then there's the post cancer financial wipeout but that's another story. In the meantime I'm adding an oldschool M-14 style Ruger in 7.62 x 39 (was a gift) to the oldschool 30-30 lever action I already had. After restoration (it was in poor shape cosmetically) it should be nice. I'll bring it over when it's done, you might like it. They shoot pretty similar other than the whole semi-auto feed of course. It'll have a nice WWII vibe to it.

Edited by DOC
  • Like 1

stankyus

Hatch you did a great job. Like I said the the ballistics seem dead on. It’s what I expected. The full auto AK I don’t think is a good reference to compare. The Ak is about 3 pounds lighter, higher ROF, and more powerful round. The one I fired had a recoil reducer however when compared to my AK it still recoiled a bit more. That I think is simply that my AK is a match grade bull barrel which is about 6 inches longer than the standard AK. Much more weight forward the gas piston and bolt carrier. I would expect the standard AK to be less accurate on full auto than the StG 44. Semi auto I think would be fine to compare accuracy but not really recoil. I can say in that regard it is probably the most realistic part of its modeling as in function. It’s very good looking.

That being said, it is the reason why I did not use my full auto standard AK experience and find that my AKS is a much better comparison to handling. I understand we will be stuck for a bit until we get another animator and mb that translates into a proper full auto dispersion. ATM it’s most definitely very generous in being effected by recoil on full auto.

kazee
4 hours ago, stankyus said:

Never called for a nerf.

yea i know and i wasnt directing my comments at you

just found it funny on day one, thats why i added the wink icon 

blggles

Sturmgewehr tearin it up, just checked the stats, impressive. 

Could balance it by giving Americans five o'clock shadow, cigs, and a face with attitude. Would go great with the BAR.

krazydog
Posted (edited)

Come on guys... lets not start another one of these  “please nerf another weapon threads.”    We just finished one of these threads last month.  

The Stg44 is a new toy.  Let people play with it a little bit.   Yes its a nice weapon, but if I remember correctly there are only about four Stg44 in garrison supply.  They get used up really fast.   

The Stg44 is not a game changer with such a limited supply available.  

Cheers!

Edited by krazydog

XOOM
1 hour ago, krazydog said:

Come on guys... lets not start another one of these  “please nerf another weapon threads.”    We just finished one of these threads last month.  

The Stg44 is a new toy.  Let people play with it a little bit.   Yes its a nice weapon, but if I remember correctly there are only about four Stg44 in garrison supply.  They get used up really fast.   

Cheers!

FG42 needs audited - weeks of back and fourth, closed.

Same day: STG44 needs audited :D 

Welcome to CRS land Krazydog! hehehe

jwilly
Posted (edited)

How about after the StG 44 is squared away, and then the M1A2 carbine and the M1919A6 LMG are finished and introduced, the next infantry weapons are the introduction of the French Brandt 50mm HEAT, HE and smoke RGs, and removal of the game-obsolete VB RGs; the re-introduction of the British #68 HEAT RG; and the modeling and introduction of the German HHL-1 (T0 through T2) and HHL-3 (T3 onward) HEAT "sapper charges", so that the game's HEAT devices actually correspond to real weapons...?

The messenger-bag-with-some-TNT-blocks-in-it "sapper charge" weapons would continue, for the HE devices used by everyone.

Wouldn't it be nice to have all of that partly done work actually completed?  

Edited by jwilly

stankyus

Cheers!

Doesn’t change the fact it needs an audit. 

The full auto, not single shots. Full auto is producing the same dispersion as the single shot with the exception of some climb.

the recoil animation is about half it should be. 

its missing the adjustable sites. Unless someone tells me differently I am almost positive it had them.

the sway starts too quickly and there is no noticeable difference of when it kicks in or severity regardless of position. 

I understand there is nobody around to audit them ATM.  Also, when I jumped onto the live server for about an hour and did not run into a single one so my critique is not based on being killed by them.  It’s about having spent two hours testing it and 28 years as an AK enthusiast and owner.  I have fired over 20 variants of AK47s from full auto to the cheap Mac90 POS, pistol, SKU, and to my very own AKS match. The StG 44 round is very similar and the ingame round behaves probably the best. It’s does as exactly as I would expect. This is not about a nerf, it’s about helping bring the weapon to behave as close to the real thing.

krazydog
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, stankyus said:

The full auto, not single shots. Full auto is producing the same dispersion as the single shot with the exception of some climb.

its missing the adjustable sites. Unless someone tells me differently I am almost positive it had them.

the sway starts too quickly and there is no noticeable difference of when it kicks in or severity regardless of position. 

I understand there is nobody around to audit them ATM.  Also, when I jumped onto the live server for about an hour and did not run into a single one so my critique is not based on being killed by them.  It’s about having spent two hours testing it and 28 years as an AK enthusiast and owner.  I have fired over 20 variants of AK47s from full auto to the cheap Mac90 POS, pistol, SKU, and to my very own AKS match. The StG 44 round is very similar and the ingame round behaves probably the best. It’s does as exactly as I would expect. This is not about a nerf, it’s about helping bring the weapon to behave as close to the real thing.

Well if we are just talking about making weapon systems’ behavior historical accurate,  then maybe we should audit the DB-7 first, and stop it from doing vertical loops with full bomb loads which is also not historically accurate?

The DB-7 has been in game for more than a decade (almost two decades) - much longer than the Stg44, and the DB-7 still has not been fixed.  The Axis have been complaining about its flight behavior for probably the same amount of time,.  

So maybe the DB7 should get some audit love before we audit a new toy that is in game less than one week ? :)

cheers!

Edited by krazydog

delems

Yes, next patch has to be bug fixes, maybe i'll make a list that I can think of.

I'm all for new gear, but really, still a french flag on german freighter?  And so many others.

And the FG42 complaints worked obviously, is now all but gone :(, I'm quite sure next map no british aircraft will be allowed on the mainland for tier 0?  Or, axis FJ flags will be allowed to move town to town and spawn at CPs.

XOOM
40 minutes ago, jwilly said:

How about after the StG 44 is squared away, and then the M1A2 carbine and the M1919A6 LMG are finished and introduced, the next infantry weapons are the introduction of the French Brandt 50mm HEAT, HE and smoke RGs, and removal of the game-obsolete VB RGs; the re-introduction of the British #68 HEAT RG; and the modeling and introduction of the German HHL-1 (T0 through T2) and HHL-3 (T3 onward) HEAT "sapper charges", so that the game's HEAT devices actually correspond to real weapons...?

The messenger-bag-with-some-TNT-blocks-in-it "sapper charge" weapons would continue, for the HE devices used by everyone.

Wouldn't it be nice to have all of that partly done work actually completed?  

I am actively looking for an animator, made mention of that before. Nothing has changed in that regard, as Hatch outlined, it was sitting on the shelf for well over a year and I decided to push it forward because the remaining fine-tuning was minor and no longer merited dust collection.

One step at a time :), doing our best here. S!

drkmouse

so next allies will  doa  "hit" on a dif  unit till they win all the maps easy mode.... sad but true ( yes  i see the partne of those  nont stop on thelmg  then the 42 before that etcetcetc ) ye s   axis  5  mps  allies 5 mpas las t 12 campains  so  we evfen atm.....

drkmouse
38 minutes ago, stankyus said:

NO not till a  few alied  units get ther audtis ( some form  mnany years ago.... )  lmg now nerfed, 42 all but gone etx.... yes  alies sitl win 50%  of  maps.....

• Like 1

krazydog
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, drkmouse said:

NO not till a  few alied  units get ther audtis ( some form  mnany years ago.... )  lmg now nerfed, 42 all but gone etx.... yes  alies sitl win 50%  of  maps.....

This!

Axis side is getting a little tired of every nice piece of equipment we have getting nerfed lately.

The allies have plenty of nice stuff too which also need audits.

Edited by krazydog

jwilly
11 minutes ago, XOOM said:

One step at a time :), doing our best here. S!

And it's very good indeed.  S!

jwilly
6 minutes ago, krazydog said:

The allies have plenty of nice stuff too!

The what-to-audit-and-why poll that Hatch asked Zebbee to do should be available soon, which will be a perfect opportunity to bring to CRS's attention any infantry weapons...even Allied ones...that need audit-review.

krazydog
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, jwilly said:

The what-to-audit-and-why poll that Hatch asked Zebbee to do should be available soon, which will be a perfect opportunity to bring to CRS's attention any infantry weapons...even Allied ones...that need audit-review.

Just one thing about these Zebbee polls:

The polls should be on the login screen in game, and not on these forums.

The vocal allied players outnumber the vocal axis players in these forums by about 3-1. 

Believe me I know - I have been an Axis voice on these forums  since about 2007 lol!

So I consider poll results more credible, and more representative of the actual player base, if the polls are done in-game on the log-in screen, and not on these forums. :)

Cheers!

Edited by krazydog

XOOM

Zebbeee's polls are in-game, on the forums, on social media and deployed via e-mail.

tater
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stankyus said:

It did.

Sturmgewehr44_noBG.jpg

The adjustment buttons are clearly visible.

BTW, while clamping that in a bench gives inherent accuracy data, the ability to point that weapon is a function of the parallax between the front post and rear sight—which is bizarrely far forward in the StG44. That has to negatively impact the ability for an actual person to point it (AK does that as well, which is... weird).

Edited by tater

krazydog
16 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Zebbeee's polls are in-game, on the forums, on social media and deployed via e-mail.

This is good Xoom.   But I hope you guys are able to avoid double counting in game and on social media.

Also please make sure that Zebbee does not do another one of those too-narrowly worded question surveys which lead to biased results.

For example a survey question like:  “what infantry weapon would you like to see audited first?” would lead to inaccurate results.

I personally think its long been time to have an audit of the DB-7 for historical accuracy.  How would I answer a survey question like that?  

And if there is only just an “Other” option to fill in a DB-7 then the results wont reflect the true  thinking of players,  because many people will not think outside the A - B - C questions box.

Cheers!

tater
Posted (edited)

Do whatever to the DB-7, just give the US the most produced A-20, the A-20G (2850 built). 6 0.50s in the nose, 2 in a dorsal turret, one flex .50 ventral, 1800kg bombs.

(and with real ammo)

Edited by tater

stankyus

Well if we are just talking about making weapon systems’ behavior historical accurate,  then maybe we should audit the DB-7 first, and stop it from doing vertical loops with full bomb loads which is also not historically accurate?

The DB-7 has been in game for more than a decade (almost two decades) - much longer than the Stg44, and the DB-7 still has not been fixed.  The Axis have been complaining about its flight behavior for probably the same amount of time,.  

So maybe the DB7 should get some audit love before we audit a new toy that is in game less than one week ? :)

cheers!

I think what you are asking for has been discussion for a long time about adding stress to the ACs. The good news is that this team is working to get that done. Not sure how one thing means “well the db7” when we are talking about audits. You know it was not just the mg34 that got changed. It was all the lmgs. I hate to say it but the stress audit is going to effect all the planes too. 

stankyus
10 minutes ago, krazydog said:

This is good Xoom.   But I hope you guys are able to avoid double counting in game and on social media.

Also please make sure that Zebbee does not do another one of those too-narrowly worded question surveys which lead to biased results.

For example a survey question like:  “what infantry weapon would you like to see audited first?” would lead to inaccurate results.

I personally think its long been time to have an audit of the DB-7 for historical accuracy.  How would I answer a survey question like that?  

And if there is only just an “Other” option to fill in a DB-7 then the results wont reflect the true  thinking of players,  because many people will not think outside the A - B - C questions box.

Cheers!

You know, when they have a guy that can audit the small arms. They will have a guy who can finish the m1 carbine and m1919.

im ten times more concerned about getting those into the game than I am about the issues with the stg44. However enjoy it while you can.