Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

krazydog

We need more control over these new HUD waypoints

krazydog
Posted (edited)

Sometimes I do not want to share my waypoints with all the other missions on the same target.

For example, when I create new missions the first thing I always do is mark all the capturable points in a town on the map as R1, R2 etc... so I can locate them quickly.  In large towns this can be around 20 waypoints.

I don’t think everyone else on the same target wants to see all those waypoints on their  HUDs  too!

I meed a way to make marks on the map that do not share with other missions.  Or to toggle off the waypoint sharing as an option.

Can CRS please do something about this please?  

Suggestion for a solution:

Maybe a mouse RIGHT-CLICK on the map to have a mark shared with everybody across all missions like it is now.  

And a SHIFT-RIGHT-CLICK on the map to make marks the old way :  to only be seen on the map and by people who are only on your mission.

Edited by krazydog

delems

Another issue possibly, after axis took Dunk, I went back there a bit later, was still way points all over the map?

Also, when an MS goes down, the MSPAWN way point doesn't seem to be removed.

zaltor

It's not fun from the air was just 100 floating Icons of [censored] everywhere blocking out ground target hidden under them cant see inf or guns rolling because everyone and there brother marked the ab from the air is a bowl of [censored] soup

ZEBBEEE

There are some good things coming in to help reduce clutter and improve transparency, this should help

zippy33
46 minutes ago, zaltor said:

It's not fun from the air was just 100 floating Icons of [censored] everywhere blocking out ground target hidden under them cant see inf or guns rolling because everyone and there brother marked the ab from the air is a bowl of [censored] soup

Did you see the smiley face I made using the new waypoints? It was for you cutie ;) 

zaltor
12 minutes ago, zippy33 said:

Did you see the smiley face I made using the new waypoints? It was for you cutie ;) 

there was so many way points even if you did wouldn't see it from the air it was just a blob that went from air to ground as you got closer,  it completely wiped out CAS on that town i mean the markers even hid and EDD sitting near docks. 20 ground mission every leader marks dock and ab all air sees is a huge blob of blue and red these thing should be very transparent. 

krazydog

I realized today that there are more reasons why we need to keep the old waypoint system still functioning alongside the new system:

I make all kinds of private waypoint marks on the map when I am driving a vehicle.

As a mission leader,  before i setup my MS,  I often use private waypoint marks on the map to judge max ews range from towns, hill location etc...  while i drive around towns.  These are temporary marks for me.  I also use them to mark driving paths in large town while I am tanking.  

I don’t want to be sharing these private marks with everyone else on the target.  And I dont think other people want all that marking clutter either

We need a way to have an option to set PRIVATE mission marks  on the map and not share them on the HUD or the maps of people on other missions who are on the same target.

It would be very inconvenient if we are forced to constantly keep toggling the HUD options in the preferences screen in order to achieve this.   A better way to program a solution is with different mouse clicks on the map In game - like I mentioned above in the first post of this thread with ‘right-click’ or ‘shift+right-click” marking option - or something similar to that.

Cheers!

derfflingr

Personally, I had no problem with the old waypoint system. Current system with every one of them showing in headsup is annoying at best and could be a real pain in the butt, especially if it starts to get me killed if they hide something or someone that I otherwise would have seen in time enough to avoid that ET or EI, or maybe kill them first. I agree with Krazydog, needs to be a way to turn them on & off when spawned into the game, if they are to stay.

• Like 1

removed1

The new wave point sucks for it is staying up long after.

I dont like to share my way around and some get me killed for make some f**k**g fail 

I am trilled about development  in progress but lets not kill the fun factor PLZ

• Like 1

texasjay

Yea it is really annoying , all that Christmas lite lid up that blocking my view ,, I try turn it off but every time I die and go back in battle , wtf it back on .. I had save and still poping up... I am think it would be better off to kill that color and leave the letter , not sure will work but it better then color blind you

• Like 1

SNIPER62

As stated in another thread, we already have fixes in place and are planning to get them to QA in the next few days. Also, as a reminder, you have the ability to disable HUD Waypoints at any time by going to Preferences -> HUD.

1 hour ago, texasjay said:

Yea it is really annoying , all that Christmas lite lid up that blocking my view ,, I try turn it off but every time I die and go back in battle , wtf it back on .. I had save and still poping up... I am think it would be better off to kill that color and leave the letter , not sure will work but it better then color blind you

I just tested this in game, again, and it seems to work just fine and doesn't re-enable them on respawn. Are you sure you're hitting the "Save" button?

actonman
Posted (edited)

Ban all HUD waypoints and go back to how it was, we don`t need all this map clutter and nonsense stuff. If it wasn`t broke why try to break it.

Players are getting put off and frustrated with all this rubbish on the screen that serves no purpose but to confuse and obscure.

Edited by actonman
  • Like 2