Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.36.5 Bugs

tyrdaimp

8 minutes ago, saffroli said:

@mwhitman did you test with mortar smoke?

Yeah, I think my slowdowns were related to mortar fire.

Germans laid down an impressive barrage, my FR dropped.

(BTW, it was an open field between a pine forest and town edge, and it was a great little skirmish. They had FMS in woods, beyond a small rise, and were trying to advance vs a few of us in buildings, and a MG and my rifle in a small tree berm. Smoke to advance, MG trying to suppress us... nicely done.)

• Registered Users
8 minutes ago, saffroli said:

@mwhitman did you test with mortar smoke?

Last night, no. But we have tested lots with mortar & tank smoke rounds and not seen anything different. Smoke has never made much FPS difference on my PC, not matter how much of it there is.

• Registered Users

saffroli, you available to meet up somewhere on the live server now to go and test some of this?

1 minute ago, mwhitman said:

saffroli, you available to meet up somewhere on the live server now to go and test some of this?

not right this second, but i will be soon yes, im axis

• Registered Users

OK, I'll set up in a back town on the Axis side and will be on the Axis discord in the priority defence channel.

Just jump on when it suits you. I'll be on for a long time

Biggest one I see, is when I take lead on a mission with MS;  the MSPAWN goes away and I can no longer see it, or delete the MS.

• Registered Users
1 minute ago, delems said:

Biggest one I see, is when I take lead on a mission with MS;  the MSPAWN goes away and I can no longer see it, or delete the MS.

Is this when the lead defaults to you when the previous mission leader exits the mission, or do you mean it happens when you use the command to  take it?

• Registered Users

Your ping went through the roof because your fps went to 1 and 2. Fps that low mean your cpu was pretty much stalled so the network adapter had no room to communicate through that core. Now why or if the sandbags were the cause I don't know. I did have our art lead strip the colliders in the sandbag model down to 11 simple boxes. I then tested a before and after on a dev server with 50 sandbags placed, same setup for each and only saw a difference of around 2% in fps. 

I'll try to setup a test similar to your vid and check again.

• Registered Users

OK, that I can replicate, drug my machine down to 8 fps when on top of them. And my ping went to thousands

7 hours ago, OLDZEKE said:

OK, that I can replicate, drug my machine down to 8 fps when on top of them. And my ping went to thousands

Yup, its a good lag machine, wonder what kinda stress it puts on the server 

14 hours ago, OLDZEKE said:

Your ping went through the roof because your fps went to 1 and 2. Fps that low mean your cpu was pretty much stalled so the network adapter had no room to communicate through that core. Now why or if the sandbags were the cause I don't know. I did have our art lead strip the colliders in the sandbag model down to 11 simple boxes. I then tested a before and after on a dev server with 50 sandbags placed, same setup for each and only saw a difference of around 2% in fps. 

I'll try to setup a test similar to your vid and check again.

Zeke you might want to get a coder to check if the collider object is even being used by the code, it's been a while since I was looking at the code but I know it was using the same mesh data as the visible object, what I cant remember is whether it was due to the code just copying the data from the visible mesh into the collider object or whether the model itself didnt have a proper collider.

Edited by warspite

• Registered Users
3 hours ago, warspite said:

Zeke you might want to get a coder to check if the collider object is even being used by the code, it's been a while since I was looking at the code but I know it was using the same mesh data as the visible object, what I cant remember is whether it was due to the code just copying the data from the visible mesh into the collider object or whether the model itself didnt have a proper collider.

Simplified collision model (with a actual collider child in the hierarchy) that the artist provided  required more sandbags to get to slideshow fps. The issue seems to be how the inf collider is interacting with the sandbags colliders. I can sit a atg on the same number of sandbags, and same configuration, with no fps hit. And it's not the number of sandbag objects. It's clipping them into each other and then walking the inf over the top of them. It's as if the inf collider is reading every collider face in all the linked sandbags. I'm going to simplify the collider in the object to as little as is usable and test that.

• Registered Users
10 hours ago, tyrdaimp said:

Yup, its a good lag machine, wonder what kinda stress it puts on the server 

It's all on your machine, the reason your ping goes nuts is not a extra load on the server but the load on you cpu is such that your ethernet controller/wifi controllers communication to the cpu is slowed to crawl as well.

This lag problem will make be stop playing 

FPS is low

Ping is fuvar

CTD 3 times today when despawned

I has the best fiber 1GB up and 1 GB down fiber router 1gb network card and the best Gamer PC you can bye for lot of money

Was in bunker shoting on allied and he turned aroudn and killed me .

I will come back when this problem is solved and not before

I love many of the new things is the new version but I has NEVER get CTD before in 18 years NEVER

• Thanks 1

• Registered Users

@taterWe have found how to replicate the invisible mobile spawn issue, so the devs can now look at fixing that. Thanks to all of you who commented & did .reports, it give us some clues on how to narrow down what was happening.

• Like 1

I get random CTDs on despawn. No particular unit. Never happened at all in previous versions.

I really hope it will be fixed for it for I has never get CTD before

I having faith to the team will fix it

Really need to fix the Enter World bug - simply revolting to me now.

Need it fixed or remove SD until it can be fixed.

Has anyone mentioned the invisible mobile spawns yet?

EDIT: Just saw it mentioned in Xoom's update. Thanks, S!

As for the CTDs, I've definitely been getting them. Obviously, I can't say for sure whether or not it's my end, but I don't CTD in any other online games (or any other games, period).

Edited by xanthus