Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

delems

Frontline towns.

delems

Aren't some of them supposed to be french, or is all brit ok? (ok, maybe 1 or 2 are french/usa)

Also, how is a french factory town brit?  Abbe, seems really gamey too.

bus0

You sure have a short memory/attention span, I told you on multiple occasions that you see a Brit flag but it actually has French stuff in it, A BUG, hopefully this time I typed it slow enough. 

delems

Uhm, I know exactly how that works.  There isn't one town like that atm.  (except Abbe) They are all british.

warspite

Does it really matter?

As long as you have opponents to fight, who really cares what country the unit is.

• Like 1

delems

*** who really cares what country the unit is

I don't know, you tell me;  french RDP 50% damaged, brit 0 (at the time); all the towns are brit......  does that matter?

jwilly

It matters to folks who are pro history in the game. The British/Commonwealth were about 7-9% of Allied forces, French about 70-75%, Belgians about 20-22%. (After surrender of Netherlands, not counting Dutch forces that continued fighting.) Having all the Allied forces magically transformed into British is odd.

So I suppose it shouldn't matter to folks whose viewpoint isn't particularly pro history.

flong139

It matters as the RDP for 1 is 50% and the other is 0%, it should be French as it is French factories.

French brigs would have slower supply rate from the RDP than the British, so it actually matters on all towns as to which is which.

british air should be able to go to which ever AF they want and maintain British supply, or possibly if a British unit is in a French owned town its supply would come last compared to units in a british owned town ?

Maney old board games used a simular method.

S!

tater

I see US flags all the time, and zero US units/garrisons in the town. The flags seem to bear zero relationship to the supply.

Poker

Axis had allies as far as the channel. Allies are now pushing back East with US and BEF after the ArFr has been decimated... has that happened before? 

drkmouse
4 hours ago, warspite said:

Does it really matter?

As long as you have opponents to fight, who really cares what country the unit is.

wow  realy?  the units are  dif   the rdp is dif this is  takgin adv of   the game pure and simple, gamey  at best...  borderline cheat mode

hla fof axis is not palying  allies  allies has  1/2 to 1/3 the troop as on the allied atm

B2K
3 hours ago, Poker said:

Axis had allies as far as the channel. Allies are now pushing back East with US and BEF after the ArFr has been decimated... has that happened before? 

It has, the term Amiensgrad was born one map when the germans swung around and got abbeyville, and most of the European mainland, but couldn't crack amiens, eventually the allies were able to stage a series of breakouts and ended up winning the map.

warspite
11 hours ago, delems said:

*** who really cares what country the unit is

I don't know, you tell me;  french RDP 50% damaged, brit 0 (at the time); all the towns are brit......  does that matter?

I must admit, I didnt think about the RDP effect, my bad.

delems

*** has that happened before? 

Yes, once that I know of, not sure map number, maybe map 96, for some reason, don't have that map recorded specifically.

As I recall, axis had captured Abbe and surrounded Amiens, but couldn't take it (always had supply as was factory).

Allies pushed out of Amiens (cutting Abbe flags) and ultimately won the map - one of the few 'factory' reversal maps I can recall. (i.e. where enemy owns factory, but other side still comes back to win)

jwrona
19 hours ago, flong139 said:

French brigs would have slower supply rate from the RDP than the British, so it actually matters on all towns as to which is which.

RDP changes constantly. Otherwise 0% is 15hrs for British, and French, and German.

jwrona
20 hours ago, delems said:

There isn't one town like that atm.  (except Abbe) They are all british.

Bertincourt. British logo, french garrison. (I cant attach the screenie because I'm a forum noob that only attacks white-flagged towns).

If I'm attacking with british kit, and the town goes brit, I'm not gonna change it. 
If I'm attacking and town goes French, I'm reluctant to change because a counter-AO jacks up my garrison supply.
If there's a big city nearby the town we just took, or its a big city in reserve, flip to American so we get the BAR (personal preference on having that over stationary LMGs).
But at points in the map, when I'll flip 1-2 backline towns to Brit to give the boys some toys (17lb, fireflies, etc) to drive from backline, I will.

And RE: factory towns... I flip a lot of airfields around. Give the flyboys options in the garrison, give another option in a nearby air garrison (amiens goes brit, abbe goes french, etc etc). Pick your favorite plane. Everybody happy.

That being said, I left Le Catelet French just for you. :wub: 

delems

Not one french frontline town on map?

B2K
27 minutes ago, delems said:

Not one french frontline town on map?

Chimays french - it's front line.  

delems

Actually, it isn't.  It's brit garrison.  There are no french towns frontline atm.

B2K

odd - wonder why the flag and garrisons are starting to de-couple - can't be anything good.     

delems

Ya, I don't understand that either.

actonman

Didn`t Xoom say something before that Anniversary event, about wanting to try out a scenario where the USA and Brits invade France in 1941 at Calais and push the Germans back .

In reality Axis won the campaign, this is a new one starting from the Channel rather than the midpoint. Axis has a moral victory over the side switchers, flag flippers,  spying [censored]ers and last town ditchers.

Axis has always found Brit flags more diffcult to fight than French ones - that`s what the AHC are gaming these days.

That`s why we didnt bother bombing French factories they just flip the towns to Brit to get round the rdp loss.

Edited by actonman

stankyus
3 hours ago, actonman said:

Axis has always found Brit flags more diffcult to fight than French ones - that`s what the AHC are gaming these days.

That`s why we didnt bother bombing French factories they just flip the towns to Brit to get round the rdp loss.

How is that gaming the game? TBH, most HC don’t flip towns. When they do, the town often fails to supply itself and we have to get a RAT to fix it. The AB cap tends to determine the towns supply.

i think the idea that the Axis want more French units on the frontline is a byproduct of having the pleasure(being spoiled) of fighting S75s with tigers and stugGs. Hate fighting the BEF because they have real competition tanking which is nothing but relief for the allies after a few weeks of slogging it out with vastly inferior equipment. 

secondly, factories supply is side specific regardless of the flag overhead. French factories still supply French flags even if the French factories have a BEF or US flag on them. So if we have more BEF and US than French on the frontline, hitting BEF factories slows down a much larger force for less effort. 

bus0
6 hours ago, actonman said:

Didn`t Xoom say something before that Anniversary event, about wanting to try out a scenario where the USA and Brits invade France in 1941 at Calais and push the Germans back .

In reality Axis won the campaign, this is a new one starting from the Channel rather than the midpoint. Axis has a moral victory over the side switchers, flag flippers,  spying [censored]ers and last town ditchers.

So let me get this straight...

you prefer fighting an 'inferior' equipped team versus a 'fairly compatible' equipped team

then you accuse the opposing team of gaming.

I'd give my 2cents

but...

• Like 1

zippy

rans stole them?

• Haha 2

tater

Well if the garrison concept wasn't so hamfisted this complaint would not be possible. There would be a certain number of BDEs, and they'd get rotated around. If the French ones got turned into hamburger and needed to go to the rear to rebuild, there might be all US BDEs where they had been. Or the good (read: American) BDES would be put on the front in important places, and the lousy (French) ones might be placed in the areas at less risk.