Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

delems

Frontline towns.

stankyus
1 hour ago, tater said:

Well if the garrison concept wasn't so hamfisted this complaint would not be possible. There would be a certain number of BDEs, and they'd get rotated around. If the French ones got turned into hamburger and needed to go to the rear to rebuild, there might be all US BDEs where they had been. Or the good (read: American) BDES would be put on the front in important places, and the lousy (French) ones might be placed in the areas at less risk.

The French are the rear guard.

• Like 1

actonman
3 hours ago, stankyus said:

The map has a jumble of French Brit and USA town garrsions all over the place which makes a mockery of its historical accuracy especially weh French Factory towns are flipped British.

tater
7 minutes ago, actonman said:

The map has a jumble of French Brit and USA town garrsions all over the place which makes a mockery of its historical accuracy especially weh French Factory towns are flipped British.

Well, once the US was around, there were more US than French, but that's 'cause France wasn't a thing...

Like I said, it's a function of the lousy "Garrison" paradigm. Garrisons basically make the BDEs meaningless.

IMO Garrisons should be massively reduced. If needed, more BDEs can be added to compensate (and ideally they'd be more variable in type, armor vs inf, etc). Make BDE movement more realistic (no teleporting them around), and let the chips fall where they may. Make resupply of attritted BDEs make more sense.

For your complaint above, if all you saw was US/UK along the front, it would be because those BDEs were on the front. If you beat them up, then they take a while to repair, and then you'd either see a hole in the line, or French BDEs moved into the gap.

Edited by tater

drkmouse
3 hours ago, stankyus said:

if makes a mockery of the game........ teh us has  too many  tanks  the bridt not far behind, teh frehc are in line with  germans so of course you will not use frnch if u can help it.....

rats  thsi imbalnce needs to be fixed.

stankyus
2 hours ago, actonman said:

montruil was recaptured by the Brits.. hense the brit flags there when it was recapped. Ill say it again, the French factory towns still only supply french units regardless of the flag there. The BEF (England Based) factories effect BEF and US supply.  IF we have more BEF or US forces on the front, you all only have to bomb the BEF factories to effect supply where it matters.  Thats half the factories to effect more resupply timers. Half the effort to do so. Not so sure why all the hand ringing.

stankyus
2 hours ago, drkmouse said:

if makes a mockery of the game........ teh us has  too many  tanks  the bridt not far behind, teh frehc are in line with  germans so of course you will not use frnch if u can help it.....

rats  thsi imbalnce needs to be fixed.

You bet we will use BEF and US forces primarily.  The BEF has a tank force that evens the playing field with the Tiger and StugG... though not such a great infantry kit.  The US lacks the Punch tanking wise, but the infantry forces are better suited to deal with the Axis infantry.  The French Tank forces overall are the weakest Allied force with the weakest infantry kit overall.  Im not sure how you see an imbalance issue in all of this?  I also have not seen you foam at the mouth about the Allies having to fight 190s with Spit2s and P40s or S75s fighting Tigers and StugGs.  Certainly you see a "balance issue" there?

tater

Yeah, by this point in a map if there is a choice between sides, I look for anyplace with US infantry first, then UK if there are any M1s, then French (still not majority MAS40, seems like that should become the issue rifle after 1940). Since M1s are gone fast for UK, often I end up French. That's if I am spawning inf. For ATGs, UK first if an FMS since the 25mm is useless.

Kilemall
2 hours ago, tater said:

Yeah, by this point in a map if there is a choice between sides, I look for anyplace with US infantry first, then UK if there are any M1s, then French (still not majority MAS40, seems like that should become the issue rifle after 1940). Since M1s are gone fast for UK, often I end up French. That's if I am spawning inf. For ATGs, UK first if an FMS since the 25mm is useless.

Hey now, that's the Panhard gun!  Can't be torturing Delems' soul so bad if it's useless.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25_mm_Hotchkiss_anti-tank_gun

Plus, new vehicle, 25mm in portee for the British Wacky Laffly.

Portee2PDR.jpg

We specialized in using these as ersatz snipers, great to surprise medium tanks that don't see them or consider it possible they are there, and in general sneak around.

One time I got one behind one of those little single bushes in front of an FB that 3 38Ts were camping, they closed and I got two from sneaky small bush ambush.

drkmouse

of couse not using   frch an donly your  best gour pis  gaminig the game  and  is beound  bad for game PERIOD

Kilemall

<Shrug> have to agree guys.

OTOH I would dearly love for the Axis to get Italian units and figure out how much fun this multicountry thing is to manage when the spawnlists aren't built to even performance.

stankyus
15 minutes ago, drkmouse said:

of couse not using   frch an donly your  best gour pis  gaminig the game  and  is beound  bad for game PERIOD

Disagree, it’s good for the game to present a challenge. Not that I mind playing French mind you. It just not my favorite kit in t3. Its not a bad kit, it’s just the worst of the three. Which is why y’all have an issue with there not being a soft underbelly on the frontline or minimal. You know this to be true also.

• Like 1

OHM

Just to be clear 

When the Tier 3 rolls in and the US is deployed the French units are greatly reduced as the French were not a factor during that part of the war.  It was the British and the US that did all the work. 

As for changing the towns to UK or US , this topic keeps coming back every time tier 3 rolls in . If the allies want to change it all UK , all US , all FR then it is there risk.  

For EVERYONE'S  enjoyment there should  be a mix of all countries in Tier3 as we have many players who like to use all the equipment. So it is the responsibility of the HC to ensure FUN game play ! 

stankyus
51 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

<Shrug> have to agree guys.

OTOH I would dearly love for the Axis to get Italian units and figure out how much fun this multicountry thing is to manage when the spawnlists aren't built to even performance.

Or overstockable. I don’t know how the Italian armor kit has a gonna fare either. They are going to need some German tanks. Not that they didn’t have a few ok ones. It would be nice to see them sooner then later. After my m1919 of course ;)

tater
2 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Hey now, that's the Panhard gun!  Can't be torturing Delems' soul so bad if it's useless.

At sneaky, up close range from the side, it's possible, but otherwise, meh. Early war, it's better I suppose.

jwrona
8 hours ago, OHM said:

For EVERYONE'S  enjoyment there should  be a mix of all countries in Tier3 as we have many players who like to use all the equipment. So it is the responsibility of the HC to ensure FUN game play ! 

Don't worry, we'll never completely erase Mas 38's, French 25mm, and (my personal favorite) Wacky Laffys from the front.

Kilemall

It's not just the spawnlists, it's the supply.

UK supply is on that island.  If bombing that island is not feasible, it's much less likely to get a Sealion done to cut off the supply.

So at a minimum there needs to be a limit to how much UK can take over French lines else there is a disparity in supply disruption opportunity, at least until we can see what effect the JU-88 has.

Last I knew US supply was 50% French/50% Brit, right?