Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Forum issues

fidd

I have, I believe, a paid for $12.99 per month account, but find myself unable to start a topic in any forum except this one and the billing-forum, although I'm sometimes - but not always - able to reply to a post started by another.

Help!

• CORNERED RAT

I've just recently setup the branch subscription permissions, they may not yet be synching with the billing server - y'all should be good now. 

Hang on brah! You are saying if I get air only sub now, I get access to the Hangar? Please confirm quick so my ten dolla can make you holla

Edited by zippy33

• CORNERED RAT
2 hours ago, zippy33 said:

Hang on brah! You are saying if I get air only sub now, I get access to the Hangar? Please confirm quick so my ten dolla can make you holla

I'm not sayin it... but yes.  Though for the near term the permissions update will be manually done, so may lag a bit.  All the career subs will have access to general from then:  infantry - barracks ; all army - barracks and motorpool; air force - hangar 

1 hour ago, B2K said:

I'm not sayin it... but yes.  Though for the near term the permissions update will be manually done, so may lag a bit.  All the career subs will have access to general from then:  infantry - barracks ; all army - barracks and motorpool; air force - hangar 

Cool thanks! 

Edited by zippy33

Could you give me manual access to zee Hangar please. Just got past my re-subbing hiccups and I should have the air sub, but no Hangar access. Also, the new forum feature which states that people can change their default profile pictures by clicking on the icon in under the Profile page, it isn't working for me either. 

Edited by zippy

• CORNERED RAT
4 hours ago, zippy said:

Could you give me manual access to zee Hangar please. Just got past my re-subbing hiccups and I should have the air sub, but no Hangar access. Also, the new forum feature which states that people can change their default profile pictures by clicking on the icon in under the Profile page, it isn't working for me either. 

done

I too would like to have access to the Hangar. off to see if b2k's restored access for me... thanks it now works!

I do think it's a retrograde step to limit players to forums specific to their account types. Comment on the game or events is a much richer experience for being able to discuss issues that affect both brown-job, squids and the glamour-boys...

Edited by fidd

• 3 weeks later...

A gentle reminder this still isn't resolved. It's incredibly frustrating not to be able to initiate posts.  I had posted a thread on the UC here, asking a mod to move it to the games ideas forum, but that seems to have evaporated instead. Ho hum.

These permissions appear to have "stuck" this time. I'd be deeply obliged if I could have access to the Hangar as well, though the opportunity presents.

• CORNERED RAT
35 minutes ago, fidd said:

These permissions appear to have "stuck" this time. I'd be deeply obliged if I could have access to the Hangar as well, though the opportunity presents.

'all ground' get barracks and motor pool

'air' get hangar

'infantry' gets the barracks

(all of the above get general)

premium gets everything outside of the builder forum. 

On 6/18/2020 at 6:43 AM, B2K said:

Smart.

People will sub for their interest group plus spawn stuff.

6 hours ago, B2K said:

'all ground' get barracks and motor pool

'air' get hangar

'infantry' gets the barracks

(all of the above get general)

premium gets everything outside of the builder forum. 

I understand that. I had hoped to post in the Hangar concerning the large RC Vickers Wellington I'm building, which I thought might be of interest in there. Personally I can't see the sense in these divided-access forums. The only reason I've not got an air account just now, and am limited to playing infantry is that I have no functioning stick/throttle etc.

It doesn't mean I'm not interested in reading the air forum.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I might be wrong, but it appears that when the sub on the account renews, the permissions go back to default too. For example, I resubbed on June 17th last month and once B2K gave me access I had no problem viewing the Hangar and posting there. However, when my sub just re-upped today, I have lost Hangar access subsequently even though I still have the same sub. Hopefully this can be automated and fixed to save B2K all the time and effort.

Edited by zippy

@B2K if it is right-click and grant access stuff can you also re-do it for me as well when you do krum's.

34 minutes ago, zippy said:

@B2K if it is right-click and grant access stuff can you also re-do it for me as well when you do krum's.

Must be something because we show up as "Free-play" accounts, instead of some form of paid account.

• CORNERED RAT
On 7/18/2020 at 10:08 AM, zippy said:

So, I might be wrong, but it appears that when the sub on the account renews, the permissions go back to default too. For example, I resubbed on June 17th last month and once B2K gave me access I had no problem viewing the Hangar and posting there. However, when my sub just re-upped today, I have lost Hangar access subsequently even though I still have the same sub. Hopefully this can be automated and fixed to save B2K all the time and effort.

yeah - god bless our sync program.... one day it'll be updated for the new access groups

1 hour ago, B2K said:

yeah - god bless our sync program.... one day it'll be updated for the new access groups

Does that mean we will or will not get access?

I'm still showing up as free play instead of career air or whatever it's called

Hi B2k,

My account renewal payment went through today and I notice all the previosuly correct forum permissions has fallen-over again. If you could remedy that again, I'd be grateful.

Cheers,