Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Common CTD Cause for me and others.

KEMPI

I have noticed that whenever I fresh spawn and view the map instantly I am CTDing, this is also confirmed with others who crash spawning in.

Sometimes I do not CTD but if I open the map too fast I can make the map go white screen, meaning I have to despawn and spawn back in.

As a rule at the moment to stop CTD on spawning, I am waiting a good 10 seconds after spawning before opening the map. This has solved most of my CTD issues other then the odd despawn CTD which does not happen often.

Edit: Forgot to mention this can only be replicated in large missions with lots of activity on the map.

Edited by Kempi

• Registered Users

That gives us something to check. Thank you :)

I wasn't able to replicate this myself - I did try and will continue to do so to test....

However, I have been getting more CTD's. I'm trying to replicate them also. Will report back

• Registered Users

I was able to get the white map one spawn in. I added vid of that to the ticket. 

It only seems to happen in really busy fights and it is literally soon as I open the map.

When this is happening, I will crash every time I open to map too fast, same with squad members too.

The fights do have to be very big for this to happen, so prime time with 2 AO's but most people are in one town.

As for the white screen, sometimes it can load the map and make the player icons super tiny on 4k monitors which is quite funny to see. Only managed to make this happen a few times in testing.

the  not looks at map for  2 min after setting a ms   and  b4 seetign it  have not had a  cdt since

(crosses fingers)

I've been paying more attention to when I CTD. A trend I've noticed is that - in very busy towns during euro prime time if a town changes sides (axis to allied or allied to axis) and I do certain things within a close time frame of that side change, such as open map or die that I will CTD.

I haven't been able to replicate the white map as much as I've tried. 

11 hours ago, blipoop said:

I've been paying more attention to when I CTD. A trend I've noticed is that - in very busy towns during euro prime time if a town changes sides (axis to allied or allied to axis) and I do certain things within a close time frame of that side change, such as open map or die that I will CTD.

I haven't been able to replicate the white map as much as I've tried. 

Yeah this one you have to do instantly on spawn it is hard to replicate I am also running WW2OL off SSD too so that extra faster load maybe why I am able to.

I only mentioned this in case there is some kind of link to CTD's with Maps and spawning.

On 6/21/2020 at 9:43 PM, drkmouse said:

the  not looks at map for  2 min after setting a ms   and  b4 seetign it  have not had a  cdt since

(crosses fingers)

In general this is what I have been doing, CTD's where getting quite common in large fights.