Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

tiger dying to pan and dak

drkmouse

1 hour ago, warspite said:

Switch to the gunner position, turn the turret towards the pan or dac and kill them lol

that is not  the point   they r not suposed to be able to  kill the tiger.....

took hours to repsond to teh  church dyin got a   232,   and  18 hours to  fix...    

• Registered Users

Your quite correct that a Pan shouldn't be able to kill a Tiger. A Daimler can if it has the right ammo (getting clarification of what we have in game).

As for your claims about the 232 Churchill fix timeframe. Given that fix is only now in testing for the next patch, it certainly wasn't fixed in 18 hours.

• Registered Users
19 hours ago, drkmouse said:

that is not  the point   they r not suposed to be able to  kill the tiger.....

took hours to repsond to teh  church dyin got a   232,   and  18 hours to  fix...    

I had created the ticket on churchill vrs 232 a month prior to it being looked at. Unless you can somehow see our work flow please do not assume.

Things get fixed as those that can fix them get the time and if a actual issue exists. It has nothing to do with allied or axis, it has to do with the person that can do deal with a particular part of the game code or that can do the work needed in creator etc. There are fixes in the works for other things that are just not quite ready to be made public yet. I should have not mentioned the fix to the churchill.  Lesson learned, I'll not post in these forums again as to any pending fix on anything. Period.

I've been seeing remarks about me tinkering in the water shaders and textures, that I should be fixing broken stuff. I don't have the skills required to do those fixes. Between testing sessions I've just been tinkering around in the water code and stumbled on some things that changed the look of the water.

• Registered Users

@drkmouse Any idea from where the Pan & Dac are supposedly killing the Tiger from? Front, side, back?

Bofore I go spend several hours trying to find a reliable way of replicating this it would help if we can narrow it down a bit.

was doing  the stats on   veh and saw  it withing them. also was  reported  in the  chat  couple times.. so i myuelf have yet to see it but, it has happened.

• Registered Users

Interesting to note, from the research I've done is that if the Daimler is using APHV or APCBC ammo it can kill a Tiger side on as it can penetrate the 60mm armour. Heck, if it's using the APCBC ammo it can kill it from 500 yards.

I'll have to get one of the Rats to comment on what ammo it is using.

As for the Panhard, what I've found so far suggests it shouldn't be able to unless there is an ammo type I don't know about. I guess it might be able to disable the gun, this get a kill credit, but I'll have to test that out.

Anyway, I will go do some testing on this.

Dac i have heard not seen can kill up close on satchel spot or just below it....have not heard of a panhard  killing a tiger my guess is open hatch or bugged where panny hit kitty before a tankbuster or bomb whacked it

• Registered Users

Yep. Panhard shouldn't able to. And the Daimler depends on the ammo. If plain AP, then it shouldn't be able to, if it's either of the other 2 round types then it can. 

Looking at the stats this map, A Daimler has killed 1 Tiger & a Panhard none. Historically there have been some kills, but there have been some bugs over they years that would account for those.

So far in testing I can't get a kill on a Tiger with a  Panhard, can't de-gun it, can't track it. 

Panny has always been able to kill tigers (in game, in the past versions) if done right ;) it is nothing new. Just people don’t utilise it as much, not like they used too anyhow.

Panny has to get stupidly close and hit the sap spot dead centre with no side profile to penetrate and kill the tiger.

Edited by Kempi

You checked stats...………………….you me the wonky stats?  How about test and report?

Well now...……..myself and Kempi just tested DAC (canuk) v TIGER (kempi) on the training server.  Started at 250m frontal, nothing, then side (sap spot) nothing, rear, nothing.

went down 50m each time doing the same to all spots and finished at 2m and nothing.

goreblimey

if the 2 pounder can get a kill. I'll assume the DAC can. Can't say I've tried recently but I can certainly get a driVer kill firing thru the lower side panel over the tracks it's only a 60mm panel. Stuarts are good out to about 400m, if you get lucky

goreblimey

Retested on TS 

Dac can get driver kill and flame Tiger at 150m 90 degree flank shot to left hand side lower side panel just above tracks. Engine Kill also. 

Can get the driver kill at 250m but didnt flame.

Didnt test further out sights suck and I ran out of ammo lol. Killed 3 Tigers usually 2nd /3rd shot in the right area . wasted ammo on the sap spots they dont work as u said.

You need to retest @canukplf 

Edited by goreblimey
add

I would expect a DAC could under perfect conditions, a Panny under no conditions except possibly on a hill firing down through an open hatch or possibly some weak top armor spots around the engine in same alt/angle.

DAC kill would be spall.  This is the same thing as a Pak36 getting spall kills on Matties.

Tested this yesterday,

You CANNOT kill a Tiger with a Dac/2pdr - I tried every spot.

It is only lucky under very very rare circumstances.

goreblimey
1 hour ago, N8 said:

Tested this yesterday,

So I can do it repeatedly from 150 to 250m ,but because you can’t your declaring it impossible? 

That just means you are not doing it right..

Edited by goreblimey
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, goreblimey said:

So I can do it repeatedly from 150 to 250m ,but because you can’t your declaring it impossible? 

That just means you are not doing it right..

I'm not declaring it impossible.

Tell me the spots.

11 hours ago, N8 said:

Tested this yesterday,

i see that your QA/testing skills are poor :)

Me and Saffroli tested it like 2 months ago .. took me 15 secs to find that spot. 2pdr flamed the Tiger instantly. Tested it multiple times and even made him explode on first hit.

We were also able to find so many other spots where 20mm and higher could flame most allied tanks (Churchill) too. It just underlined our previous opinion that the whole penetration and damage calculation stuff is complete off. Well ... or some components are getting considered way too much in those calculations.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, undercova said:

problem is that i can't trust all the CRS staff. 

Wow.

paranoia ? not really.

Heh. Really.

CRS has always been motivated to improve functionality and fix bugs in their game. It's a business survival imperative. It would be stupid for any of them to be single-side-biased. Xoom absolutely could not afford...literally...to have accusations of CRS side bias be true, and they're not.  

The player names you see in events prove nothing whatsoever. Since the early days, Rats have told us that their development and operations teams mostly play the game using non-public accounts. The public-facing Rats OTOH (sometimes) play using their public accounts.

If you really wanted the Tiger armor fixed, you'd share your testing with CRS. Community participation is supposed to be a key part of the development process. A large percentage of the development team is community volunteers. You could be helpful like they are.

Only if you don't want it fixed...for some reason...would you continue to be secretive about it.

Edited by jwilly
  • Like 1