Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

kareca

CRS must block side switch after campaign starts

axeinc

I has always said stay on one side the hole campaign  and stay either AXIS or ALLIED dont jump over if the side you are in is losing.

To win or to lose will always happens and has done it from day 1.

I am agree to look free player account as XOOM said, and if we pay well to be fair to game and side stay to map ends and dont step over fight and win or losing dont rock the boath.

As Dwalin said Axis, Allied, or No Preference for and hole map can be and good and fair option BUT remember paying you can do what you wanted and not told

• Like 1

fidd

I think too many people are standing on principle here, where in practice, the greatest excesses in population (whilst both sides are still trying to win) occurs in TZ3. This has always been the problem TZ as this is where the moderating game-mechanics work least well.

So in practice, any constraint of choice for nationality is really going to occur there, which doesn't affect, in all likelihood the great majority of players.

Furthermore, I think we can probably limit these hypothetical constraints to Army personas. if a points based system was introduced whereby membership of squads, recent play, when first logged in, when usually logging in and so forth were taken into account in deciding who gets prevented from logging in as xyz side, then I think the small risk could be further reduced. Provided the software was able to distinguish between inbalances caused by a morale crash near defeat, and that of a load of players piling onto one side; I think it would surprise everyone how infrequently it needed to happen.

Elfin
4 hours ago, XOOM said:

At this time there is no way for us to lock any individual or entity. Not saying it's not something to consider, perhaps membership in Squads is locked to a side as the "Squad Leader" determines. This might have more merit because paying players will still have the opportunity to leave that Squad and then get freed up, should they choose. Meanwhile it gives the Squad confidence that in what ever side they are committed to, 100% of the members also are.

As I was alluding to, more invitation/collaboration to maintain side loyalty during a campaign than limitation, particularly through some purely technical means that allows a player no or little choice.

S!

• Like 1

N8

I disagree.

drkmouse
8 hours ago, XOOM said:

At this time there is no way for us to lock any individual or entity. Not saying it's not something to consider, perhaps membership in Squads is locked to a side as the "Squad Leader" determines. This might have more merit because paying players will still have the opportunity to leave that Squad and then get freed up, should they choose. Meanwhile it gives the Squad confidence that in what ever side they are committed to, 100% of the members also are.

This  jsut give  swauds the option of swaud only ms's now and then as inceintive.  ( also  hc needs  a few more  to keep  them there

dre21
20 hours ago, XOOM said:

We aka Feldjager already does that, you want to play a campaign Allied or more you need to leave the Squad,  if you do not one gets kicked. If you leave as a request once campaign is over one can rejoin.

It even says so in our introduction,  we are an Axis Squad only do not play Allied during campaign.  Intermission no one cares.

That way if you decide to play Allied you don't know where each squadmember is per squad tab , which I think can be used to gain some Intel depending in the player names and preference how they like to play.

• Like 1

Jsilec

Side switchers dont have much bearing on the map as a whole but in certain situations like lowpop i am sure it makes a bigger deal then in high pop

slamen
On 7/12/2020 at 7:44 PM, delems said:

Out of 7 billion people and 100s of countries....... name me ONE sport or game that allows over 2 to 1 odds.  Name me ONE that allows 3 to 2 odds.

Lottery...

Craps...

Roulette...

Poker...

Blackjack...

Pai-gow Poker...

If you take the idea a little further... all sports ball teams are lopsided in payroll (aka talent)

ex. NY Yankees  payroll= 296 million...  Oak Athletics 97 million

If you expand the idea of "making even sides" over to human conflict...all battles are lopsided in population, talent (aka training) and materials.

Agincourt...

Thermopylae...

Bunker Hill...

Midway...

What WWIIONLINE does is recreate this conflict imbalance into a game.  And this is a good thing.  At least for me.

As I try/play other shoebox shooters or flight sims, I find my self coming back to this game for the uncertainty of it all and that my actions in game might have a lasting effect.  I find it most enjoyable. 

Consider this...

If WWIIOL locked sides once a campaign started...and 1000 axis logged in with only 500 allied players...then the whole campaign will be played with a max of 2:1 odds assuming all players log in and no one logs out due to imbalance...
That seems predetermined to me. 

I say leave the player imbalance as is with spawn delay as is.

2c