Jump to content
Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

shadown8

Matty CS killed by p2

Recommended Posts

shadown8

Dunno what's going on, but my matty CS was killed at 50m by a panzer 2c's 20mm.

No sapper, nothing. Seriously need to check this crazy stuff out. 

 

Pull the logs, check it, cause something is messed up. 

PS: all hatches closed. 

Edited by shadown8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kilemall

Infinitely more likely stats is screwed up then the P2 did the deed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
goreblimey

Very likely has been done to me. I foolishly ignored it, and paid the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drkmouse
10 hours ago, shadown8 said:

Dunno what's going on, but my matty CS was killed at 50m by a panzer 2c's 20mm.

No sapper, nothing. Seriously need to check this crazy stuff out. 

 

Pull the logs, check it, cause something is messed up. 

PS: all hatches closed. 

what a  matty was killed?   :)   i have   plain kills with opels (  the palne did tno despawn  till i was  on the opel so that uni tgot the kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadown8
4 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Infinitely more likely stats is screwed up then the P2 did the deed.

I was looking right at the p2. It fired it's 20mm cannon, and all crew hit in the head.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fidd

The rounds probably hit the front armour, went vertical, came back down through the engine deck before going forwards into the crew compartment under the turret ring? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McSlimm

what's likely is he shot through your gun barrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadown8
40 minutes ago, McSlimm said:

what's likely is he shot through your gun barrel

Dunno if you're being sarcastic or not, so I'll save the comment...

1 hour ago, fidd said:

The rounds probably hit the front armour, went vertical, came back down through the engine deck before going forwards into the crew compartment under the turret ring? :rolleyes:

Something like that LOL.  I'd test it on the training server, but it's locked for f2p. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McSlimm
15 minutes ago, shadown8 said:

Dunno if you're being sarcastic or not, so I'll save the comment...

Something like that LOL.  I'd test it on the training server, but it's locked for f2p. 

Matilda 2-pounder (40mm)

Panzer 2c (20mm)

if the glove fits

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
goreblimey

Matty CS so it’s 75mm even bigger glove , lol.

Edited by goreblimey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McSlimm

the 2c could have also been running PzGr 40 ammo which would give it 64mm pen at 10m and 63mm of pen at 100m.
Just enough to penetrate a Matildas turret ring, if not on the first shot then the successive after the armor has been compromised.

correction, the Matty's turret ring measure 60mm, so a Panzer 2c could easily pen within range on the first shot.

Edited by McSlimm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadown8
3 hours ago, McSlimm said:

the 2c could have also been running PzGr 40 ammo which would give it 64mm pen at 10m and 63mm of pen at 100m.
Just enough to penetrate a Matildas turret ring, if not on the first shot then the successive after the armor has been compromised.

correction, the Matty's turret ring measure 60mm, so a Panzer 2c could easily pen within range on the first shot.

There is NO AP40 for anything in the game except the stuka tankbuster. Stop throwing out BS in an attempt to justify it.

Shooting down the barrel??? Cmon. Not even modeled in this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silky

Stay on target guys. Bugs only, thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
N8

i dont think this should happen lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwilly
13 minutes ago, McSlimm said:

German tanks are inferior up until the Tiger.

CRS has said since the beginning that they try to model for realism, not equality.

German tanks through the early PzKpfW III were designed for the cavalry role, to exploit breakthroughs and disrupt enemy logistics. So were Britain's cruiser tanks. Most French tanks were designed for combat against other tanks or for infantry combat support. Britain's infantry tanks' role was to destroy enemy infantry-support tanks.

The game of course could be better designed to model rear area logistics, and the concept of front lines and breakthroughs so that breakthrough exploitation and logistics disruption would be a thing. But, the absence of that game functionality doesn't mean that the tank models are faulty in some manner.

Quote

This could be solved (...)

With regard to the models, don't fix what ain't broke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McSlimm
6 minutes ago, jwilly said:

CRS has said since the beginning that they try to model for realism, not equality.

I understand, but Allies have 3x the variety in armor assets, filling many roles.
Germany is only one nation, it hasn't received the same development as the other 3 nations combined.
otherwise we would see more tank destroyers, mobile guns were the bread and butter.

there's only 2 in game for the germans, not acceptable in my eyes.

Edited by McSlimm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kilemall
On 7/26/2020 at 12:22 PM, McSlimm said:

I understand, but Allies have 3x the variety in armor assets, filling many roles.
Germany is only one nation, it hasn't received the same development as the other 3 nations combined.
otherwise we would see more tank destroyers, mobile guns were the bread and butter.

there's only 2 in game for the germans, not acceptable in my eyes.

I'm sorry, two what?

Axis tank park T0 is IIIB, IVD both of which are HEAT equipped, IIIF which has really a light tank only gun but mounds of MG ammo, PzII which is just like a tracked 232, and 38T which is kind of like a TD with light armor but better gun.

That's not casual.

CRS has run polls for years, except for the IIIG Axis consistently votes down any open top TD.  Crazy from my perspective as cheap tubes are tubes and generally speaking Axis gets better standoff optics, but air is omnipresent and infantry willing to chase down TDs like cheetahs, so they haven't been interested so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McSlimm

I don't want to be a fanboy, but there's something wacky in this game.
Not sure if it's a DM issue, all axis tanks seem to be underperforming.
Could be many things, I don't see such imbalance in other sims.

Commonly the first penetrating shot decides a battle, In this game often Allies will soak damage like crazy.
Maybe it's also in the reverse, but I'm not going to speculate any further because it's a developer issue.
Axis are only missing a few key tanks, mainly some of the SPG's and 50mm wheeled light tank.

Like the 88, seems the gamey-ness of WWIIol prevents it being used in a proper manner.
Infantry running the battlefield while things like mobile guns being sitting ducks .
maybe this could be addressed, but for now I'm not interested in debating.


 

Edited by McSlimm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
warspite
2 hours ago, McSlimm said:

I don't want to be a fanboy, but there's something wacky in this game.
Not sure if it's a DM issue, all axis tanks seem to be underperforming.
Could be many things, I don't see such imbalance in other sims.

Commonly the first penetrating shot decides a battle, In this game often Allies will soak damage like crazy.
Maybe it's also in the reverse, but I'm not going to speculate any further because it's a developer issue.
Axis are only missing a few key tanks, mainly some of the SPG's and 50mm wheeled light tank.

Like the 88, seems the gamey-ness of WWIIol prevents it being used in a proper manner.
Infantry running the battlefield while things like mobile guns being sitting ducks .
maybe this could be addressed, but for now I'm not interested in debating.


 

It feels exactly the same when you play the other side, the grass is always greener, I think its human nature.

When the old squads had the numbers to set up a few 88's and guard them, they were a devastating weapon, the Allies still give priority to hunting them because they know what an 88 is capable of in the right hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kilemall
4 hours ago, McSlimm said:

I don't want to be a fanboy, but there's something wacky in this game.
Not sure if it's a DM issue, all axis tanks seem to be underperforming.
Could be many things, I don't see such imbalance in other sims.

Commonly the first penetrating shot decides a battle, In this game often Allies will soak damage like crazy.
Maybe it's also in the reverse, but I'm not going to speculate any further because it's a developer issue.
Axis are only missing a few key tanks, mainly some of the SPG's and 50mm wheeled light tank.

Like the 88, seems the gamey-ness of WWIIol prevents it being used in a proper manner.
Infantry running the battlefield while things like mobile guns being sitting ducks .
maybe this could be addressed, but for now I'm not interested in debating.
 

Well, again, this is more a sim and not balance in terms of altering performance.  As such panzers are not built to History Channel expectations but intended to simulate their actual performance.  Early on, there weren't supertanks like Tiger and Panther, more important tactical and operational considerations.

My thesis is that part of the problem is that the nodal spawn castle capture aspect of the game works to help Allied tank design which was oriented towards slow infantry assault, and shorter range engagements vs. the Axis designs oriented more towards quick operational movement and reaction advantages with the more efficient crew.  The Axis tanks did this in part by having lighter armor particularly on the sides, and since we have low density of troops it's far more likely that a tank, ATG or AT soldier will get at that flank.  Couple that with 'infantry friendly' terrain where the Axis tanks don't get their full use of their optics advantage.

As a proof of that, when the Axis are overpop the tanks do MUCH better and are as fearsome to underpopped Allies trying to do anything as Allied tanks look right now, cause those flanks are taken care of.

This reality is why RPAT numbers are so low, they are just too darn lethal in our typical pop enviornment.

There is a thread posted in Motor Pool about the state of the armor game models, the answer appears to be that it is thoroughly audited but partly done, therefore everyone is seeing New Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McSlimm
1 hour ago, Kilemall said:

Well, again, this is more a sim and not balance in terms of altering performance.  As such panzers are not built to History Channel expectations but intended to simulate their actual performance.  Early on, there weren't supertanks like Tiger and Panther, more important tactical and operational considerations.

I understand this. I've played many of these tanks in other simulations, I know well how they perform. I think allies had a better doctrine overall.
They understood the value of sloped armor, even their tanks made for assault form fit better to anti tank roles than the Axis tanks do.

That's why Axis probably should receive a few more toys exclusive to their side. There are plenty of early war options that
can take on the Allies superior armor without the use of special ammo. Even if they're open top glass cannons.

 

 

 

Edited by McSlimm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...