Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

HT can't climb hill.

delems

Seems the Sd Kfz 7 can't climb hills anymore.  How are we suppose to tow guns up hills?
Even gear 1, nothing, couldn't move at all uphill.

What a stupid post kile, thought you were better than that?

Actually tried to tow an 88, I do once a year try to use it :(, to remind myself how useless it is.

Here is another reason now.

23 minutes ago, delems said:

Actually tried to tow an 88, I do once a year try to use it :(, to remind myself how useless it is.

ht only use to tow 88
the 88 is useless..
...  so we have no problems..

actually it couldn't make turn n barely climb  so it seem like engine running like a lawn mower.. come on … I m heavy equipment operator for 45 yrs .. so isn't  this why a easy kill for allied :rolleyes:,,, oh btw pls fix the sound  on HT  cuz it can be heard from million mile and they find me

1 hour ago, jayhawk said:

actually it couldn't make turn n barely climb  so it seem like engine running like a lawn mower.. come on … I m heavy equipment operator for 45 yrs .. so isn't  this why a easy kill for allied :rolleyes:,,, oh btw pls fix the sound  on HT  cuz it can be heard from million mile and they find me

while had a beddy drive me 3 days ago  and  did not  even here as he passed

3 hours ago, delems said:

<Shrug> seems like a constant drumbeat of complaints and it gets boring.  Unlike most, this one is especially irritating cause I did nothing else but drive around the HT7 and the 88, didn't see any performance difference I didn't expect.

Now if you are expecting the 251 to climb like a goat, it won't, should climb like a Laffly cause it's got better traction but also an armor structure weighing it down.  Big difference between the Laffly plain truck and the wacky Laffly, cause again 47mms and assoicated gear weigh more then people.

The vehicle remains unchanged. Whatever it may be suffering from it’s been there since uh 2001-2002.

22 minutes ago, BMBM said:

The vehicle remains unchanged. Whatever it may be suffering from it’s been there since uh 2001-2002.

Any changes in the terrain?

We were fighting around the hilly terrain near Zerf, maybe HT never could do it, and it's just been that long since I've tried climbing one of those hills.

But, either way, doesn't help the 88 usage.

44 minutes ago, delems said:

We were fighting around the hilly terrain near Zerf, maybe HT never could do it, and it's just been that long since I've tried climbing one of those hills.

But, either way, doesn't help the 88 usage.

Every hill has a "less steep" angle. Sometimes a long as fck drive around, but always one.

On 7/26/2020 at 9:44 AM, BMBM said:

None that I’m aware of.

Is it's physics performance right?

With an 88 hauling I think it works out to less HP ratio then a lot of the tanks, so we should expect less performance going at serious inclines.

But without it should climb like any other tank, and at 12:1 HP ratio better then many.

There are areas in this game that look like you might be able to climb but you just cannot. Not with a truck, not with a tank, not with AA, atg etc.  There was a terrain change BMBM a while back that added drag to the tiles  off road. I cannot remember when that was done but it did slow down off road movement.  That happened post 2006 because I was allied when it happened. However that was years and years ago. I specifically remember a particular FB  that is in a bowl near a river that we used to be able to drive up on the town side for the attack and where no longer able to. Had either had to take the river road or drive up the opposite hill to get on top of the mountain and drive around, it took forever to climb up. I remember being unhappy about the change because of that first experience then running into other situations where we could not climb anymore.  I had forgotten about that, but  it was so long ago.