Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

blipoop

This game actually works with Oculus Rift

blipoop

I dusted off the Oculus Rift and bought an extension called Vorpx. Set it all up and the game actually works with the Rift.

It is brilliant in every way possible and also bloody terrifying lol. I've tried out inf, tank and flying with it. It's really immersive, there's nothing like a German soldier running up the stairs and scaring the ever living **** out of you, things feel much more lifelike. Flying is surreal (can be a vomit comet if not careful) and it's incredible being able to just turn your head and look out the cockpit and track enemy planes. Tanking, again, adds so much to the realism of things - being cramped into a metal can makes you be a bit more selective with your shots to make them count.

I don't think I'll be replacing my screen any time soon but it's a bit of fun.

• Like 2

OLDZEKE
29 minutes ago, blipoop said:

I dusted off the Oculus Rift and bought an extension called Vorpx. Set it all up and the game actually works with the Rift.

It is brilliant in every way possible and also bloody terrifying lol. I've tried out inf, tank and flying with it. It's really immersive, there's nothing like a German soldier running up the stairs and scaring the ever living **** out of you, things feel much more lifelike. Flying is surreal (can be a vomit comet if not careful) and it's incredible being able to just turn your head and look out the cockpit and track enemy planes. Tanking, again, adds so much to the realism of things - being cramped into a metal can makes you be a bit more selective with your shots to make them count.

Now that sounds really cool!

XOOM
40 minutes ago, blipoop said:

Can you take a video and provide a URL for that dongle you purchased?

OLDZEKE

Vorpx looks to be a 3rd party driver for Oculus Rift  https://www.vorpx.com/

Some game action vid would be awesome!

jwilly

Plug in your head so you can capture the view through your eyes.

texasjay
2 hours ago, XOOM said:

Can you take a video and provide a URL for that dongle you purchased?

I would like to see this also

45 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Plug in your head so you can capture the view through your eyes.

and that could give you a headache ;)

mingus

HOllly Eff, if this is true it is huge. I am all over this.

blipoop

A word of warning - anyone who has an oculus or similar, DO NOT do this on the live server as it will drop the ban hammer on you - the games doesn't like 3rd party drivers but that's what keeps the cheaters away.

I'll work up a video as best  as I can next week and post it here - it'll have to be done on the offline mode. It won't give the real effect which, after playing it again offline yesterday, is just incredible. It's indescribable how immersive it is.

Who knows - maybe one day in the future we'll see Oculus support for the game *cough cough* hint hint * @XOOM * lol

OHM

Use it on the Training server 

mingus
On 7/31/2020 at 8:55 PM, blipoop said:

A word of warning - anyone who has an oculus or similar, DO NOT do this on the live server as it will drop the ban hammer on you - the games doesn't like 3rd party drivers but that's what keeps the cheaters away.

I'll work up a video as best  as I can next week and post it here - it'll have to be done on the offline mode. It won't give the real effect which, after playing it again offline yesterday, is just incredible. It's indescribable how immersive it is.

Who knows - maybe one day in the future we'll see Oculus support for the game *cough cough* hint hint * @XOOM * lol

ahh gotcha. TY for the info