Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

XOOM

1.36.6.0 - Review Request

N8

The patch is good, I like the new textures, but just one question.

In the future, can you be able to manually change the infantry FOV? / I thought about that, I liked the old FOV, ADS was a lot quicker, and the ADS now with the new FOV, is slow, but I still can manage to get some kills.

• Like 2

XOOM
5 minutes ago, N8 said:

The patch is good, I like the new textures, but just one question.

In the future, can you be able to manually change the infantry FOV? / I thought about that, I liked the old FOV, ADS was a lot quicker, and the ADS now with the new FOV, is slow, but I still can manage to get some kills.

It's a possibility, but we haven't added any sort of functionality like that. These settings are not too far from what they used to be (I think before you started playing, which was version 1.17). It actually used to be an even more exaggerated field of view (meaning wider than that). 

Like a new pair of glasses, it takes a little time to get used to the new prescription but it'll pay off. Give it a little bit.

N8
15 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Like a new pair of glasses, it takes a little time to get used to the new prescription but it'll pay off. Give it a little bit.

I love the FOV, don't get me wrong. 

• Like 1

zippy

The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell

• Like 2

XOOM

Still looking for some more reviews here... I know many of you are in-game enjoying this, help me spread the word. 

halsey

I am cautiously optimistic, from what I can see from a pilot's perspective, is that a well aimed burst will either outright kill an ea, or severely damage it. I'm getting a lot more flame kills and seeing ea flop in after damage.  So far I havent had the "wtf, I pounded him and hes acting like I haven't touched him" moment.

• Like 1

KardehK

I concur with halsey.  I have a much healthier fear of taking hits in fights now.  And ground strafing is a real gamble now.  So a very good patch IMO

Can you do something about the ramming that kills me but lets halsey fly on through?

j/k, I totally understand why that happens...just wanted to get another swipe at halsey about ramming me and don't anyone believe him if he says I rammed him just as much.

• Like 1

stankyus

Played yesterday. Had a blast doing a RDP intercept.  Ran out of ammo on a 111, it seems way tougher to knock down with pew pews.  I did not do much dog fighting but I did take down a 09 with pewpews in a single pass. Was something I was not expecting, later I hit a 09 pretty good and when he turned he flopped after the hit. Somebody else finished him but I could tell I had done damage. 

Did some boforing, not as impressed. Hit a 110 4 times in a row as he flew mb 300 feet above my head and just knocked out one engine. He flew off and came around to straff again.  I cant say there is any difference now then before with the MLE38 or bofors.   

When I am a mle34 or 2pdr and taking fire with HE, it seems like the only crew getting a crit is my gunner, the commander seems to live through until I get a direct hit.  Same with MG fire from any distance in range.. its always my gunner. Bullets could be hitting the ground all around me, in the trees, berm etc... but the first dead is the gunner. My commander survives the hail of bullets to where I can undeploy and hide him, keep the ppl guessing if I am still alive or not.

The water looks just... really good.  I actually had some spacial awareness diving toward the surface. 

Had a very fun fight in the new Bunker, was crazy running around in there. Took me a few minutes to find the radio room. Even the defenders had trouble. Got pretty funny too. I felt like a mouse looking for the cheese.  I think the trenching blocking range needs to be cut down by 2/3rds.  Had  a tank move up behind my trench, he was 2 sections behind me and not in the direction I was building out and it was blocking my ability to build.  Then there was the friendlies  running out of the FMS I built stopping me from building on more than several occasions and they where running behind me. It was a crap shoot to keep building and hoping the finished build did not at that instance have someone block and stop the construction.  The only plus side was that all all the sudden I had a block during building, no friendlies close, took a second but looked up and caught an combat engineer sneaking up to sap my FMS. Kinda like a early warning lol.  The new textures look very good, really liked those. Seemed more fitting. 

For me, my highlight was admiring the new textures, water and the bunker fight so far.

jwrona

Sneaky little farmhouse bunker edit. If you know, you know. If you don't, ask @foe2.

Also, the little cement bunker (funky lookin squre one) needs a little radio room help. Cap area is minuscule, and if you're behind the radio or the table for cover, youre not capping. Similar for the CP stairs when you stand on em you don't cap. 

foe2
10 minutes ago, jwrona said:

Sneaky little farmhouse bunker edit. If you know, you know. If you don't, ask @foe2.

Also, the little cement bunker (funky lookin squre one) needs a little radio room help. Cap area is minuscule, and if you're behind the radio or the table for cover, youre not capping. Similar for the CP stairs when you stand on em you don't cap. 

see that is why we  have trust issues. Don't tell us you are making a change  and then....

I agree with that the rectangle bunkers need some improvements, as jwrona say cap space needs tweaking  and maybe some more cover in there.  

N8
14 minutes ago, jwrona said:

Similar for the CP stairs when you stand on em you don't cap. 

Well, I believe the RATs did that on purpose, because when you’re capping on the stairs, your body is halfway through the stairs and it is hard to see if the person is capping or not.

krum

I haven't been able to play much last few days but when I have these are my thoughts:

Plink and rtb : I'm not someone overly concerned with my stats but I don't like losing maneuverability. When I get hit now I tend to rtb (slowly) because I've lost something. It is changing the way I fly and I like it I'll need to readjust.

I like the water textures they are a sharp contrast with the "how much space do I have left before I hit the boom... Oh" textures that were there before.

I don't play ground much but I ran around the other day and it looked nice unsure if this is do to any changes fr this latch or because I haven't played inf since 2002

OLDZEKE
14 minutes ago, N8 said:

Well, I believe the RATs did that on purpose, because when you’re capping on the stairs, your body is halfway through the stairs and it is hard to see if the person is capping or not.

The can't cap while on the stairs was a unintended result of modeling each stair. I think we may revert that as folks don't like the bouncy that results when going up/down them.

N8
15 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

The can't cap while on the stairs was a unintended result of modeling each stair. I think we may revert that as folks don't like the bouncy that results when going up/down them.

Ah got ya.

I don’t like the new stairs that much.

But the rubble CP layout, is pretty sweet.

Dre21

Still have to DL the patch , is it a complete Uninstall reinstall again, or is it an actual patch.

Doubt anyone misses me .

krum
7 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Still have to DL the patch , is it a complete Uninstall reinstall again, or is it an actual patch.

Doubt anyone misses me .

If you did a full reinstall a patch or 2 ago when they fixed the updated you should be good to just boot the game and it autopatches.

jwrona
8 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Doubt anyone misses me .

I miss (being killed by) you.

Scotsman
On 8/18/2020 at 10:41 AM, halsey said:

I am cautiously optimistic, from what I can see from a pilot's perspective, is that a well aimed burst will either outright kill an ea, or severely damage it. I'm getting a lot more flame kills and seeing ea flop in after damage.  So far I havent had the "wtf, I pounded him and hes acting like I haven't touched him" moment.

Best news I could read - hopefully none of that ever again. Love hearing the loss of control kills. Thats what should happen and why pilots would bail out when it happened if they were high enough and it was 'bad'...

griffon
On 8/18/2020 at 12:31 PM, XOOM said:

Still looking for some more reviews here... I know many of you are in-game enjoying this, help me spread the word. 

I made this just for you XOOM, instead of an opinion I have some film. I hope everyone enjoys. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K2Q5F2IzYBg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On 8/18/2020 at 2:50 PM, stankyus said:

Did some boforing, not as impressed. Hit a 110 4 times in a row as he flew mb 300 feet above my head and just knocked out one engine. He flew off and came around to straff again.  I cant say there is any difference now then before with the MLE38 or bofors.   

Just for you buddy early in the video I have included my limited interactions with AAA so far, it wins, 2 out of 3 times (and forces retreat on third). 

If anyone has any tips or tircks or questions please feel free. 

Also I see the code here but I cannot seem to get it to actually embed, using Chrome... if anyone has any solutions or wishes to take teh time to embed themselves, that would be much appreicated. Thanks

S!

OLDZEKE

OLDZEKE

Just copy and paste the vid url. Forum will do the rest

Kilemall
Posted (edited)

I'm not a pilot but my short little para plane joyride at least convinced me that those transport planes are a little touchier and did feel more realistic getting killed.  Took the 109 time to work it.

The water texture is amazing, but I have a problem with the coloration.  Looks to me like a cross between a tourist version of the Blue Med and a Ti-D-Bowl cleaner color.  Most of our functional water is shallow water or rivers, I don't know if you can do zonal water tile colors but I would think a browner tint for shores/rivers and a deeper blue for the deep would be better.

Big thing for me is the FOV change.  I play rifle almost exclusively, and with CQB I always got that SMG ran past me where I should have seen him, twirled and killed me before he rendered thing that drove everyone crazy.  Now I virtually never get that, actually have a shot with the rifle or going to the blade, so CQB improved for me greatly.  I also get the sense of the range advantage of the longarms vs SMGs, I think people are going to learn the hard way not to try and do field/approach work with anything less then a rifle or LMG.

Edited by Kilemall

OLDZEKE

Currently we have 1 water tile. So it's all the same. I looked at lots of water pics RL of the area between Calais and Dover and tried best I could to get a close blend. And naturally the bmp hue does not match what the game renders. 

Rivers need have a separate tile and shader so as to have a "calmer" texture. 

The real challenge was finding a water texture that I could convert to a normal map that would then blend/be seemless enough so as to somewhat hide the tiles that are not oriented the same as the majority are.    

Dre21

Stats are still  screwed up  played yesterday but my 24hr AAR list is empty also kills and actual kills are still off too.

Game seemed smoother , didn't look at water yet nor encountered a EA when I took the JU out.