Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

delems

SD and cap times.

james10
4 hours ago, stankyus said:

The db7 and boston both have a bombing restriction to dive angle in game and I believe you are correct its about 35^.  Its due to the bomb bay,  I think what separates a FB from a dive bomber are dive breaks, dive bomb sites and a centerline bomb bracket to prevent contact with plane during release. That being said, I do not believe the JU88 had use of the internal bombs for dive bombing, I believe they where the wing mounted bombs.  The internal bay was restricted to level or angled bombing. As for FBs being used as a dive bomber - I am unaware of why it could not be used that way with the exception that there might be some structural issues due to not having bomb breaks to slow it down in a vertical dive... and mb a bomb hitting the plane if its buffeted on release, but I am no expert on the subject but it sounds logical.

I'm pretty sure the angle limitation has very little to do with the bomb bay and more simply to ensure Level Bombers release their bomb loads in something approximating Level flight. The limitation apples equally to the Douglas bomber series as it does to the He111 and the Blen.

I believe the final arbiters of an aircraft being defined as a Dive Bomber are firstly it is designated as Dive Bombing capable and it has Dive brakes. The other indicators of a Dive Bomber was they were all pretty well fitted with some form of Dive Breaks. I think the British had one aircraft, Not sure about the French and the US had several Naval Dive bombers. The Germans had the Stuka and others. Technically The He177 Greif was required to be able to Dive Bomb. The requirement to be able to Dive Bomb (not all that steep) did delay its introduction and it did have dive breaks fitted for that purpose.

I was never suggesting that Fighter Bombers should or even be capable of Dive bombing. It was more referencing I was unaware of any limitations on the operations of Fighter Bombers.

Cheers.

stankyus
15 hours ago, james10 said:

I'm pretty sure the angle limitation has very little to do with the bomb bay and more simply to ensure Level Bombers release their bomb loads in something approximating Level flight. The limitation apples equally to the Douglas bomber series as it does to the He111 and the Blen.

I believe the final arbiters of an aircraft being defined as a Dive Bomber are firstly it is designated as Dive Bombing capable and it has Dive brakes. The other indicators of a Dive Bomber was they were all pretty well fitted with some form of Dive Breaks. I think the British had one aircraft, Not sure about the French and the US had several Naval Dive bombers. The Germans had the Stuka and others. Technically The He177 Greif was required to be able to Dive Bomb. The requirement to be able to Dive Bomb (not all that steep) did delay its introduction and it did have dive breaks fitted for that purpose.

I was never suggesting that Fighter Bombers should or even be capable of Dive bombing. It was more referencing I was unaware of any limitations on the operations of Fighter Bombers.

Cheers.

Brits had the Skua, and P-51B Apache dive bombers.  I think the issue with the bomb bay is that the angles  tend to slow down or prevent bombs from sliding out the bomb racks... I remember this being discussed before.  When I think about dive bombing, I think about vertical approach for precision bombing... if there is another definition or mine to limited in scope, I am unaware.

delems

Simply too long 8 min.  Especially with SD and Enter World bug.

But, I guess it worked, everyone logging.  Sides even now.

Elfin

I wonder if there is a way to code for new players where they do not experience  spawn delay for Over Pop.  Not sure what the parameters would be....i.e. rank, or months of subscription etc... or some other set of information that can be utilized or incorporated. I don't know...first six months of a sub...no SD. 

Then again that may just be pushing the problem along till later.....still Vets tend to hang in there regardless of the SD though it is frustrating at times. 

In the end you want new players to enjoy the game as much as possible to get them into subbing.....then stay subbing....'set the hook' 

Just a thought...likely not realistic/workable. 

S!

delems

Truly just about done with this, capture timers are horrific.

Disgusting game play.

Kilemall
13 minutes ago, delems said:

Disgusting game play.

Overwhelming a side with too many people and petulantly demanding fast capture with impunity?  I agree.

• Like 1

tater
12 minutes ago, delems said:

Disgusting game play.

Then you must be pretty OP.

tater
Just now, Kilemall said:

Overwhelming a side with too many people and petulantly demanding fast capture with impunity?  I agree.

I've been in attacks on the maps when I assume players have swapped sides the the Allies are rolling, and I don't see complaints about SD, I usually see "We have SD! Attack!"

Complaining about rolling... kind of a first world problem.

Kilemall
3 minutes ago, tater said:

I've been in attacks on the maps when I assume players have swapped sides the the Allies are rolling, and I don't see complaints about SD, I usually see "We have SD! Attack!"

Complaining about rolling... kind of a first world problem.

I think some of that is cultural induced by equipment differences.

delems

Checks web map;  axis net 3 towns last 24 hours.... ya, really rolling.  Rolls eyes.