Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

New light SPAA's inbound!

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

XOOMToday we're pleased to show you the progress of the upcoming Tier 0 Light SPAA's (Self-Propelled Anti-Aircraft) vehicles that will soon enter WWII Online. This update will include detailed screenshots of the three SPAA's for the German, British and French forces, along with a video walkthrough by CHIMM. These vehicles will be featured in our next patch release. Join our subscriber base and help us continue to make efforts like these possible, by subscribing at http://account.wwiionline.com

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=LyinEU-PCoQ:9qDF3aWOA0Y:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=LyinEU-PCoQ:9qDF3aWOA0Y:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=LyinEU-PCoQ:9qDF3aWOA0Y:F7zBnMyn0Lo
LyinEU-PCoQ

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

Pretty funny, this being the first "drive-by-shooting" element of WWIIOL. Trying to attract some GTA customers, eh?

Slightly unrealistic, of course...a gun crew trying to serve the weapon would be thrown off by the less-than-gentle ride of any of these trucks off-road...but what the heck. Good to see them added.

Multi-player spawn option would be awesome!

From the announcement:

They can be multicrewed, and you DO NOT need to be stationary in order to fire. This makes multicrewing opportunities really interesting as you can, "Shoot, move and communicate," while dodging enemy aircraft strafing you. It'll also be very interesting to see how players use this against anti-personnel (we can see a couple of drive by's happening in-game).

• Registered Users

Can't wait!!

I multi-crewed the SPAA/HT with a squaddie and once we deployed, my job as the driver was to be constantly looking around using the JS hat switch.  Sure enough, up comes running MR EI with pistol in hand just off the right front fender so I'm yelling on Discord .  The result was a 40mm facial as Down goes, Frazier!!  I could almost see the surprise in his eyes when that gun swung around, it was beautiful!

Good times!

• CORNERED RAT
23 hours ago, katapage said:

WW2OL enters the world of bongo trucks and unconventional warfare, 

will be an interesting time when the introduction occurs...